Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A CROWD

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:48 am

Over 36,000 fans at Leeds yesterday, in what I call Division 3. They have been there for a second season now and Bates has put the prices up.
I dont like Leeds, but youve got admit they get Superb Crowds.

On tv saw Boltons support at Wolves about 400, they dont deserve to be there in the Prem.

Re: NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A CROWD

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:23 am

Man City were like that when they were down there.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:57 am

You're right, it is very impressive. Have to give them credit for that

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:Over 36,000 fans at Leeds yesterday, in what I call Division 3. They have been there for a second season now and Bates has put the prices up.
I dont like Leeds, but youve got admit they get Superb Crowds.

On tv saw Boltons support at Wolves about 400, they dont deserve to be there in the Prem.

They have, big local derby mind with Huddersfield and it looked like there was a big following from Huddersfield, who themselves have been getting decent gates (average just under 13k

Leeds have been down to below 20k for some games and before yesterday were 2nd to norwich in the division.

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 am

Nottingham Forest have kept their crowds

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 am

Leeds have a terrific following due to their success in the early 70s. Without doubt one of the greatest sides from the British Isles with household names like Jackie Charlton, Jonny Giles, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Gary Sprakes....damn all adamant Cardiff City fans in those days knew the Leeds side better than our own.

I'm totally convince if we can get to the premiership we will start having the same loyal support as Leeds.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:21 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Leeds have a terrific following due to their success in the early 70s. Without doubt one of the greatest sides from the British Isles with household names like Jackie Charlton, Jonny Giles, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Gary Sprakes....damn all adamant Cardiff City fans in those days knew the Leeds side better than our own.

I'm totally convince if we can get to the premiership we will start having the same loyal support as Leeds.

I am with you on that, I believe once there we will get Amazing Support and Wales will finally wake up.