Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Memories of times gone bye...

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 am

14:54 on a saturday afternoon looking accros the pitch unable to see the far touchline because of the camber, Tina Turners -Simply the Best comes over the Tannoy and you stare at the centre of the Bob Bank awaiting them to rise with their hands in the air clapping and chanting Bloobirds Bloobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Memories of times gone bye...

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 am

aj1927 wrote:14:54 on a saturday afternoon looking accros the pitch unable to see the far touchline because of the camber, Tina Turners -Simply the Best comes over the Tannoy and you stare at the centre of the Bob Bank awaiting them to rise with their hands in the air clapping and chanting Bloobirds Bloobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

4-45 cries of what a load of rubbish ring out around the ground as cardiff city are well beaten by torquay united :lol:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

Mansfield 1992 home Stood on Bob Bank can't see Pitch for the fog
8,000 there which was good at the time
we won 3.2 great atmosphere. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

Bristol Rovers last game of season 1999 we are relegated they need a Point for Play offs.

hot day crowd 7k 3.5k worzels all in old Grange end.

we win 1.0 or support was awesome mad afterwards and before. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They don't like it up um

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

placid-casual wrote:Mansfield 1992 home Stood on Bob Bank can't see Pitch for the fog

i remember that game, at points you could make out feet on the pitch

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am

placid-casual wrote:Mansfield 1992 home Stood on Bob Bank can't see Pitch for the fog

Eddie Newton :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 am

I helped carry him off the pitch mart after his last game

great Loan signing he was :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:34 am

placid-casual wrote:I helped carry him off the pitch mart after his last game

great Loan signing he was :ayatollah:

yes he was an absolute hero down here , fair do's :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:23 am

Leeds fa cup game is up there for me and Man city :ayatollah:

getting legged by Chelsea 1984 from Big Asteys to the ground all the way down Tudor rd. :o :cry:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am

down the vetch in the early 90s with the old man if i can remember rightly me and the old man shared a car from neath up to cardiff for the coaches with jamccfc if i remember rightly i think we lost 2 1 :( and the other one has to be leeds fa cup 2002 that is just 1 game i will never forget before that game we were all in weatherspoons in canton having photos taken with the stereophonics what a day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: