Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Disappointing news re : Malky and Sunday's game

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Unfortunately I have to inform you all that Malky Mackay will not be attending this Sunday's game as he will home for the weekend in Scotland with his family.

I learned late this afternoon that Malky has not snubbed the game as he has never said he was attending the game. You will all at this point be wondering how it came about that he was attending.

There was a phone call received on Tuesday evening and a series of text messages followed from somebody (who will remain nameless unless he wishes to come on here himself and post) who relayed a message he said from Malky's agent. The message was that Malky was coming to the game, he was putting in a donation and also bringing a signed City shirt to auction.

Obviously we were all delighted with the news but I asked more questions on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning and the messages coming back were that 'Malky's agent was saying this is Malky's idea' and I was then asked to supply the postcode of Bryntirion FC to assist Malky with directions. It was 100% all systems go. I received a further call to say that Malky would be getting to the ground at 1pm to go into the changing rooms and speak with the teams.

I left messages with Malky but due to him being at a dinner on Tuesday evening I did not receive a reply, then earlier this evening I received a call from a club official to tell me that Malky had never said he was attending the game and that this was not a snub as he had planned the weekend back home in Scotland with his family before this game was organised.

It is important to me that I tell everyone that Malky Mackay has played no part in this sorry affair.

As you can imagine I made calls to the person that I was receiving the messages from and their stance was still that Malky's agent insisted that it was happening, someone somewhere knows what they have done and I have been left to feel disappointed, embarrassed and have apologised to Malky Mackay for the position that he has been put in.

For me the whole event was coming along brilliantly and everyone was looking forward to it and the 'news' about Malky attending was the cherry on top, I feel the rug has been pulled from under me this evening and I am sincerely sorry for relaying the message in good faith to everyone and furthermore the news coming out in the press as a result.

It goes without saying I am bitterly disappointed about the whole situation and the truth is I don't know if this has been some kind of a joke played on me or the person who passed the message on to us, either way it is very sad. I have had a message tonight to say that the agent will straighten it out but when the club ring to say that it is not true then I know which side I believe.

I don't wish to remain downbeat as the game is still going ahead and the fantastic amount of work put in by everyone who has contributed to get the game on will not go to waste, the game is still and always was about Mikey Dye and that has not changed, we still have the support of the Swansea contingent, Bryntirion FC, Cardiff City Football Club, Cardiff City Supporters Club and Jason Perry, we will make this Sunday a day to remember Mikey Dye and a special occasion for Mikey's family.

Let's stay positive, we have all worked hard to get the game on and we will carry on regardless.

Re: DISAPPOINTING NEWS RE : MALKY AND SUNDAY'S GAME

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Carl,

We are all disappointed,but the match goes on and the big day is all about Mikey, 2pm THIS SUNDAY
and the Legend Jason Perry will be leading our Cardiff City Supporters out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Disappointing news re : Malky and Sunday's game

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Carl I we feel wot you are feeling while we are all gutted that Malky can't make the day and I write this with no dis respect meant to anyone. I got involved in this game because I couldn't and still can't get my head around the thoughts I have. Mikey D went to a football game as a husband and father and tragically he lost his life. Mrs Dye has lost her best friend lover and soul mate and his Children has lost the best friend and mentor and for me I asked myself if I passed awat how would my family cope without me being there to help them through trials and tribulations in life and if I was able to look down from another place I would break my heart to see my Family and Friends breaking their hearts because I had passed on. So for anyone asking me why I am so passionately involved in this there you have. I know its deep but its what I have felt every day since Gary said to me Reeco we have a game to organise. Carl you keep your chin up fella because ifyou threw the towel in in the first round the Mikey D Memorial Cup would have just been a drean but thanks to you Annis and others this game and dau will be awesome. ATB. Reeco. PS I wrote this on my mobile phone its a nightmare and I do have dyslexia so if ny grammar is poor and my spelling is shocking I apologise.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Carl it makes me wonder are you being fitted up,just a thought :?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Sunday is all about mikey and how the rest of the uk can respect him and his Wife and children can hold there heads up high and be proud. Of both Cardiff and the jacks :ayatollah: and we can show mikey just how much he meant tonus all in our different ways Roll on Sunday who needs malky when you got mall the beast lol
Last edited by mallo on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 pm

What mallo said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Carl, it makes no odds whatsoever if Malky is there or not. I know you feel embarrassed about relaying the news but so what, the day is about Mikey. Forget about it and celebrate Sunday the way your friend would like you too :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Carl this is a classic case of how most updates / info can change in 24 hrs.

Let's hope this was not a joke as it would be a very sad time to play one ( imo )

If the team are looking for a manager,why not ask eg. Eddie May,who Mike would have watched his teams play.

As for MM - i wish him a peaceful weekend with his family back in Scotland :ayatollah:
( who knows he might come back to cardiff with a new player ) :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Carl this is a classic case of how most updates / info can change in 24 hrs.

Let's hope this was not a joke as it would be a very sad time to play one ( imo )

If the team are looking for a manager,why not ask eg. Eddie May,who Mike would have watched his teams play.

As for MM - i wish him a peaceful weekend with his family back in Scotland :ayatollah:
( who knows he might come back to cardiff with a new player ) :ayatollah:

ANOTHER SCOTISH PLAYER TONY :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Carl. I echo everyones sentiments on here. So much hard work has gone in from you on this, and even during our brief conversation this morning I could feel things are starting to take it's toll. Your a genuine guy, that's no doubt, and if this is a hoax (which unfortunately it does seem to be) then they should hang their heads in shame considering the occasion. However, as has been said, Sunday is not about Malky Mackay, It's about Mike Dye and his family whom he tragically left behind. So let's all remember that and get behind the event and do our very best for them. Chin up fella! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 am

Top posts swansea fellas. My support goes to carl and the organisers. Malky coming was an extra and not the main event. This does not affect what I can only see as a special occasion where Mikey can be remembered plus thoughts on the families of the Miners and Terry the jack who also tragically lost his life at a football game.

There will be fans of both teams setting traditional feelings aside for this game and it is an honour to all supporters of both sides who play and attend to be part of this event for Welsh football.

Great work all :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 am

Two things here ....

1. The day and game is all about Mikey so it doesnt matter who does or does not attend anyway , us the fans and the many friends and family of Mikey are coming and that's all that matters .

2. Maybe in future , as this isnt the 1st instance , Carl you should just confirm things with CCFC club officials before posting info on the MB ? Not your fault at all but it seems somebody is using your good nature to try and take the piss out of certain situations and individuals .

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:42 am

spot on martyn it even made middle pages of the echo

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:28 am

I was going before Malky apparently let it be known he was going, so his now change of stance doesn't really change anything. We have a brilliant management team in Jason Perry and Scott Young any way.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 am

Just this morning received confirmation that HTV Wales will be there with reporters and cameras on Sunday. Seems like the match is becoming big news.
They will be looking to take some footage of the fans and the game and to talk to some people who knew Mikey Dye. Good opportunity to get some good publicity and put the record straight about Mike.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Carl,

You have set yourself up to be shot down.

Why not take a break from being our 'breaking news' reporter and just enjoy the football.

Your stories were good at the start but now are just a source of ridicule.

Mike