Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulgarian money

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm

The Cheque centre Tredegar, Pontypridd, Barry, Cardiff and Swansea are now offering a slightly higher rate than all the banks and definitely better than airports etc…you will get a better deal if you mention that you are travelling to the Wales game…if this works well they will look to do this for all future Wales away games….this is just a suggestion I am making to you after talking to the company…please always look around for the best rate.

They are offering 2.15 as I write this.

Offer open until Monday.

Re: Bulgarian money

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm

corky wrote:The Cheque centre Tredegar, Pontypridd, Barry, Cardiff and Swansea are now offering a slightly higher rate than all the banks and definitely better than airports etc…you will get a better deal if you mention that you are travelling to the Wales game…if this works well they will look to do this for all future Wales away games….this is just a suggestion I am making to you after talking to the company…please always look around for the best rate.

Offer open until Monday.

http://www.unicreditbulbank.bg/en/index.htm
I will get mine out there.
2.192 in Bulbank in Sofia.
It was a lot higher but pound took a battering today.
Got a lot left over from the summer at 2.20 :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:00 pm

How much do you actually get for a £1 I know what the exchange rate says but you never get that...I wonder if I should chance it and get it from the banks over there...problem is are they open on the week ends

Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Todays rate is 1.00 GBP = 2.24549 BGN Lev

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

get more of it in uk.

you may get a point or two higher in bulgaria however they will def charge commission or a handling fee of around 3% or min charge of a set amount..

i.e.

uk 2.15 at £200 will give u 430 levs 0% commission .

bulgaria 2.19 at £200 will only get you around 420 levs with the comm or handling fee being around a minimum of £4 or £5 quid..

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:get more of it in uk.

you may get a point or two higher in bulgaria however they will def charge commission or a handling fee of around 3% or min charge of a set amount..

i.e.

uk 2.15 at £200 will give u 430 levs 0% commission .

bulgaria 2.19 at £200 will only get you around 420 levs with the comm or handling fee being around a minimum of £4 or £5 quid..

I have Bulbank levs account and I just hand over cash at the counter - no commission is charged :D
You will have then to rely on the daily rate which can go up as well as down :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 pm

corky wrote:How much do you actually get for a £1 I know what the exchange rate says but you never get that...I wonder if I should chance it and get it from the banks over there...problem is are they open on the week ends

You do get that corky. The rate will change daily. No commission. Plenty of banks in bulgaria, Bulbank, First investment bank etc...

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm

make sure you only change your money in the places marked Crown

Dont use the small booths ==Nasty looking gangsters will stitch you up

Also dont eat the fruit they offer --it will cost you big money or youl end up dead in a ditch

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Mafor wrote:make sure you only change your money in the places marked Crown

Dont use the small booths ==Nasty looking gangsters will stitch you up

Also dont eat the fruit they offer --it will cost you big money or youl end up dead in a ditch

That happens a lot in Sunny Beach :( :(

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 am

corky wrote:The Cheque centre Tredegar, Pontypridd, Barry, Cardiff and Swansea are now offering a slightly higher rate than all the banks and definitely better than airports etc…you will get a better deal if you mention that you are travelling to the Wales game…if this works well they will look to do this for all future Wales away games….this is just a suggestion I am making to you after talking to the company…please always look around for the best rate.

Offer open until Monday.

Cheers Corky,

I got mine from the Cardiff one in Albany road :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

Cheers Corky, will go too the one in Ponty today.