Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

protein

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 pm

does any one on here body build ?
need some advice
dont know what protein shake to get, want to build muscle and lose weight/fat.
any one recommend any thing ? :ayatollah:

Re: protein

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 pm

If you want to gain weight I suggest a go large Big Mac with strawberry milkshake.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm

and exercise more :)

all these artivicial ways are silly, good diet, regular exercise done :)

i know im not helpful but its fun

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Whey protein...

But its very hard to do both at the same time so take it with water in the morning, straight after workout and in the night.

Usn tends to be low in fat but i get mine locally. Hope that helped

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:36 pm

samdm94 wrote:does any one on here body build ?
need some advice

There is no quick fix it is 100% hard work and dedication. You need to put the weight on which is harder than many would think. It would be easy eating Big Macs and drinking gallons of Lager, but that is not the weight you want to put on. You need to eat plenty of Chicken Breasts steamed or grilled not fried Tuna ETC. Good Protein shakes are very good and apparently Whey Protein is good but was not around in my Day. Eat several times a day and keep Fat to the minimum,Its been 14 years since i stopped but i still love the sport. Secondly please dont take the easy way or cheats way of using Steroids i have seen many lives destroyed by steroids. Eat PROPERLY, REST PROPERLY,AND TRAIN PROPERLY, You will love the sport CHIEF

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
samdm94 wrote:does any one on here body build ?
need some advice

There is no quick fix it is 100% hard work and dedication. You need to put the weight on which is harder than many would think. It would be easy eating Big Macs and drinking gallons of Lager, but that is not the weight you want to put on. You need to eat plenty of Chicken Breasts steamed or grilled not fried Tuna ETC. Good Protein shakes are very good and apparently Whey Protein is good but was not around in my Day. Eat several times a day and keep Fat to the minimum,Its been 14 years since i stopped but i still love the sport. Secondly please dont take the easy way or cheats way of using Steroids i have seen many lives destroyed by steroids. Eat PROPERLY, REST PROPERLY,AND TRAIN PROPERLY, You will love the sport CHIEF

:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm

To put on muscle you need protein, carbs and some fat. (good fat, not saturated).
If you want to keep lean then just use protein shakes with very low carbs. Barrett and Holland are doing their protein half price and it does the job. You wont get big quick like this though.
If you want to bang on the pounds you will need a protein shake with some/high carbs and preferably creatine (though some people dont like the stuff.) Maximuscle Cyclone is the best all in one I've used.
Good luck and avoid the Roid!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:29 pm

PharmaWhey. Low carbs and fat and scoop and a half give 30g of protein.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 pm

I found USN to be the best when I was serious with the weights in my rugby "years". Very difficult to do the two processes at the same time, so just keep fiddling around until you get the best mix. Weigh yourself regularly etc.