Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ipod Touch Help

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Just been handed down an old ipod touch, does anyone know how to rename the device if possible? It has got cydia, winterboard and installus so i have been told that it has had jailbreak. Dont want to lose anything that has been installed already! :ayatollah:

Re: Ipod Touch Help

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Managed to rename it but now I get a message on itunes that says it is already synched with a computer and gives me the option of erase and synch or transfer purchases. Anyone know what I can do as I dont want to lose all the apps etc?!? Cheers :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Not sure about how to keep apps, but if you download iShare (just search it on google, doesnt take long to download) you can save all the songs from your ipod onto there, and then move them into iTunes. Hope this helps :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Cheers for the info, do you know if it saves the apps as well?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:11 pm

shaky wrote:Cheers for the info, do you know if it saves the apps as well?

I dont think that program saves apps, but i think the apps just save on the iPod anyway... (not 100% sure though)

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 pm

\thanks again, can anyone confirm if the apps are safe on the ipod and i would just lose the music if i went for the erase and synch option? :ayatollah: