Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

fifa 12

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm

so is it any good ? worth getting ?

Re: fifa 12

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:01 pm

yes much more realistic, career mode is much much better aswell. You can scout youngsters from around the world and help them grow to their full potential. Much better than Fifa 11 IMO :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm

lets get down to the most important questions .. are cardiff good in the game ? who has real boots ;)

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Cardiff are class, its a pity that whittingham cowie and conway are all LM :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:07 pm

samdm94 wrote:lets get down to the most important questions .. are cardiff good in the game ? who has real boots ;)

I'm not sure which ones have the real boots :lol: you can go to edit players anyway and change them yourself to their actual boots thats what i done :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:23 pm

any one got it on ps3 ? do the servers crash all the time like they do on fifa 11 ? cant play fifa 11 for more than 3 mins without the servers crashing :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Does anyone else find with the career mode, when creating your pro you can put all the stats up to 99? I did this and was greeted with my pro joining Cardiff on a 200k a week contract and being put straight into the starting 11! I am not going to continue this career as having my pro on a 99 stat from the off takes the fun out of starting in the reserves, making my way up through the ranks and gradually improving my game. I find it bizarre how it allowed me to select 99 for every single stat, anyone else experienced this?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Does anyone else find with the career mode, when creating your pro you can put all the stats up to 99? I did this and was greeted with my pro joining Cardiff on a 200k a week contract and being put straight into the starting 11! I am not going to continue this career as having my pro on a 99 stat from the off takes the fun out of starting in the reserves, making my way up through the ranks and gradually improving my game. I find it bizarre how it allowed me to select 99 for every single stat, anyone else experienced this?

you probably didnt do virtual pro and just created player mate. Career modes quality havent created my virtual pro tbh i get bored with vp. :?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Does anyone else find with the career mode, when creating your pro you can put all the stats up to 99? I did this and was greeted with my pro joining Cardiff on a 200k a week contract and being put straight into the starting 11! I am not going to continue this career as having my pro on a 99 stat from the off takes the fun out of starting in the reserves, making my way up through the ranks and gradually improving my game. I find it bizarre how it allowed me to select 99 for every single stat, anyone else experienced this?

you probably didnt do virtual pro and just created player mate. Career modes quality havent created my virtual pro tbh i get bored with vp. :?

But I selected to start a new game under career mode, then it asked me to create my pro to start my career mode game, so I did and I could put every stat up to 99?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

But I selected to start a new game under career mode, then it asked me to create my pro to start my career mode game, so I did and I could put every stat up to 99?

i've never tried it that way, i went on the virtual pro section on main menu and made my pro from there wouldnt let me change the stats from there.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

i've never tried it that way, i went on the virtual pro section on main menu and made my pro from there wouldnt let me change the stats from there.

That's what I tried initially, but it still allowed me to put all the stats up to 99. So I thought doing it by starting career mode would restrict my stats? Maybe it's because my brother already has a pro created. My brother says it restricted his stats and maybe as I am trying to create a second pro on the same user profile it won't restrict mine?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm

what camera angle does everyone use? im not a massive fan of the default one. looks a bit far away

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Its really good, defending is less hard and more a component of the game like attacking. Opposition do rally if you're 1-0 up with 10 mins to go, and Cardiff's defenders aren't very fast, especially CB's so they can be quite annoying.

Miller is a goal machine though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

That's what I tried initially, but it still allowed me to put all the stats up to 99. So I thought doing it by starting career mode would restrict my stats? Maybe it's because my brother already has a pro created. My brother says it restricted his stats and maybe as I am trying to create a second pro on the same user profile it won't restrict mine?

I realise why now, my brother has created his virtual pro and you cannot have more than one virtual pro on an account, so when I try creating a second virtual pro, I am really just creating an extra normal player which is why I can put all the stats up to 99. Wish there was a way I could have my own pro as well without having to purchase a second user account. :(

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Very realistic even Teves told me to f**k off :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Very realistic even Teves told me to f**k off :lol: :lol:

I got the achievement for bringing him on as sub :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 am

r_lecrass wrote:what camera angle does everyone use? im not a massive fan of the default one. looks a bit far away

Broadcast I use, I change the camera height a bit aswell :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 am

Good game shame Alan smith still thinks dave jones is manager. Anyone else have that in commentary yet?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Good game shame Alan smith still thinks dave jones is manager. Anyone else have that in commentary yet?

He says had not have.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:49 pm

well i put parkin on the transfer list and nobody wanted him....so played him as second half sub and he got a hatrick! im thinking about complaining to the highest EA authorities :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:53 pm

porthcawl_ccfc1927 wrote:well i put parkin on the transfer list and nobody wanted him....so played him as second half sub and he got a hatrick! im thinking about complaining to the highest EA authorities :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same happened to me. :o :o :o :o :o 8-) 8-) 8-)

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Paul Pogba on loan ....looking for a young whippersnapper for defence now any refrences?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:50 pm

porthcawl_ccfc1927 wrote:well i put parkin on the transfer list and nobody wanted him....so played him as second half sub and he got a hatrick! im thinking about complaining to the highest EA authorities :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Liverpool put an offer in for parkin, around 500k after only a few months into career mode. I was like, yep....he's yours! Constantly on my news page cos he is banging them in for them, bizarre!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

baseboy007 wrote:

Liverpool put an offer in for parkin, around 500k after only a few months into career mode. I was like, yep....he's yours! Constantly on my news page cos he is banging them in for them, bizarre!

I hope so badly that this happens in real life :lol: .

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm

What formation/team does everyone play when cardiff?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Dyfan95 wrote:What formation/team does everyone play when cardiff?

Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Gerard Taylor
Kiss Gunnarsson
Cowie Whittingham Virtual pro/Conway
Earnshaw

Subs:
Miller
Gestede
Heaton
Blake
Turner

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Marshal
Mcnuggets. Hudson c. Turner. Taylor.
Gunnarson
Cowie Whitts
Barkley. Conway.
Miller

Heaton.Blake.Pogba.Earnshaw.Nouble

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Due to injuries i've ended up with a random:

Smith is a free goalkeeper rated 77 no idea who he is IRL.

Miller seems to love the role of CAM getting goals and defending.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

RFMH wrote:Due to injuries i've ended up with a random:

Smith is a free goalkeeper rated 77 no idea who he is IRL.

Miller seems to love the role of CAM getting goals and defending.

I have the same keeper!

Earnie is lightning quick on there too.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Has anyone had a go at the Ultimate Team? I started it last night and I am hooked. The squad I have been given are useless, my highest rated player was a 66 and the only player I recognise in my squad is Patrick Agyemang. My pathetic goalkeeper is a 55 rating and dived over the ball to cost me my first win, the shot as scuffed, but my keeper still managed to dive over the ball and let it in! My centre back has also scored a spectacular own goal of Andy Jordan/Mark Kennedy proportions with an unstoppable diving header!:lol:

So far I have managed to sign Kightly, Barnetta and Hitzlsperger, but the rest of my squad are still pathetic and I have only won 1 game out of 5 so far. But I am loving the challenge of being given a random squad of players and then trying to improve it to build your own team. Going to carry on with this later and hopefully I can put together a decent starting 11 and pick up a few results.