Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW F*CKING MUCH?!?!?!?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

I need a complete Central heating system for my new (not so new) house and have been quoted £2000 just for parts :shock: :shock: I think I might just buy an electric blanket instead :lol:

Re: HOW F*CKING MUCH?!?!?!?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Measure your rooms. Height x Width X length and a decent plumbing supplies
place should be able to tell you what rads you want. What boiler you need.
Maybe even steer you in the direction of a decent cheap plumber they supply.

but to me £2000 sounds about average. Your boiler will probably be round
about £800 trade on its own

bad times :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:55 pm

2-3 K sounds about right to me. Esecially if you need the Radiators ETC.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:57 pm

taffyapple wrote:Measure your rooms. Height x Width X length and a decent plumbing supplies
place should be able to tell you what rads you want. What boiler you need.
Maybe even steer you in the direction of a decent cheap plumber they supply.

but to me £2000 sounds about average. Your boiler will probably be round
about £800 trade on its own

bad times :lol:

It's shit, init!! so much for for buying a cheap house, it's costing me a f*cking fortune, the bloody plasterer wants £1500 quid for about a weeks work.....i went into the wrong career :(

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:12 pm

why dont you give british gas a ring they give you 400 pound back from the scrap a boiler scheme and you can pay them in installments not all upfront

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:15 pm

nicky evans wrote:why dont you give british gas a ring they give you 400 pound back from the scrap a boiler scheme and you can pay them in installments not all upfront

I already considered that so a guy from BG came up last week, he moaned that I wouldn't qualify for the discount because the house is not yet ready....and then told me I would be looking at £5-6k :shock:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm

thats rubbish then.
your local plumbers your best bet i know heatwise in aberdare is very reasnable

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:30 pm

why dont you tell us where you live and perhaps we can recommend a plumber :old:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

stickywicket wrote:why dont you tell us where you live and perhaps we can recommend a plumber :old:

Costa Del Risca 8-)

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Ive used this guy hes good and reliable

http://garyneedsplumbingandheating.co.uk/

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

If your looking for a straight replacement then look no further than mr central heating.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Where do you live mate, I know a good plasterer who might charge you less?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 pm

google Peter O'Neill heating and plumbing, My mother recently had her boiler renewed, 2 new rads, new boiler, thermostats on all the rads, cost her 2 grand and was done with in day!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Costs alot of money to run a business these days buddy, 2k for a new system sounds cheep. Boiler change £1500 ish. New system anywhere up from 2.5k. Stay away from BG !!!

Hunt about, but go with word of mouth. Ther are some twats out there... I pick up thier f**k ups all the time!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Any way 5-6 grand!! That is fook all compared on what it will cost to run it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 am

Tubzo wrote:If your looking for a straight replacement then look no further than mr central heating.

it's a complete installation, the house is old and has never had any heating, it only had a back boiler to heat the water.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:52 am

splottbluebird48 wrote:Where do you live mate, I know a good plasterer who might charge you less?

i'm in risca, just outside newport.