EXACTLY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: got to laugh an extra 3bn abroad while we are skint

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm

spikey wrote:whilst we are are stopping monies to pensions and cutting money
all over the place we are giving 3billion away abroad, time to get thing right
in out country first.

and kick the human rights charter out, if some one needs to be deported
then so be it, we got to live by other peoples laws abroad

Exactly, the government is f*cking useless!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 am

shut up nicky got that in the attick

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Just been listening to the debate lunchatime on Jason Mohammed show.

Usual PC bollox from "Jaaaaase". Saying it is a good thing because we can pay for education in Pakistan, in the hope those kids will grow up with better ambitions than becoming a errorists!?!?!!?

When some economist points out the pakistan government dont spare any expense on their army and warcraft and THEY should be putting their own educationf first instead of relying on or Aid. "Jaaaase" just cuts him off. :roll:

Then some silly human rights c*nt it comes on and says "its only 1p in the pound, people should stop being so selfish, it still wont solve the UKs spending cuts problems". Maybe not but it will be 11 BILLION extra staying this country to help OUR problems. Does he think that there are not people in the UK living in poverty???

Does my head in this country. Cameron wont get another term, but then we go from dumb to dumber with Milliband.

Worrying times.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 pm

polo wrote:Just been listening to the debate lunchatime on Jason Mohammed show.

Usual PC bollox from "Jaaaaase". Saying it is a good thing because we can pay for education in Pakistan, in the hope those kids will grow up with better ambitions than becoming a errorists!?!?!!?

When some economist points out the pakistan government dont spare any expense on their army and warcraft and THEY should be putting their own educationf first instead of relying on or Aid. "Jaaaase" just cuts him off. :roll:

Then some silly human rights c*nt it comes on and says "its only 1p in the pound, people should stop being so selfish, it still wont solve the UKs spending cuts problems". Maybe not but it will be 11 BILLION extra staying this country to help OUR problems. Does he think that there are not people in the UK living in poverty???

Does my head in this country. Cameron wont get another term, but then we go from dumb to dumber with Milliband.

Worrying times.

How can they say in the hope they will get a better education, that they wont want to turn into a terrorist that wants to blow my Mrs up whilst she is shopping in M&S :? So these well educated ones that come over here and go to our Universaties get there degree in chemistry and then blow planes out of the Sky.
But hey our Schools are in such a wonderful state that they dont need millions spent on them. In my book charity begins and ends at home :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Worrying times.

How can they say in the hope they will get a better education, that they wont want to turn into a terrorist that wants to blow my Mrs up whilst she is shopping in M&S :? So these well educated ones that come over here and go to our Universaties get there degree in chemistry and then blow planes out of the Sky.
But hey our Schools are in such a wonderful state that they dont need millions spent on them. In my book charity begins and ends at home :ayatollah:

At last we agree on something :D

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 pm

polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Worrying times.

At last we agree on something :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

I have to say I watched our Prime Minister giving his speech to the Tory Conference today and it left me feeling really depressed. When the tw*t started talking about his visit to Nigeria and how wonderful it was to watch all the mothers holding their babies to receive their vacinations, paid for by UK foreign aid, and then saying he wouldn't want to live in a country that wouldn't feel good about doing things like this, well I felt what's the point in going on.

Nigeria is sitting on the worlds 8th largest oil reserves and each day 95% of what is produced is exported, 42% to the USA. Nigeria holds approx 10 times the oil reserves of the UK and in fact is not that far behind Libya. Does Nigeria sound like it's a poor country or a country that needs foriegn aid to vacinate it's children.

I know this may cause a reaction and I may get called a whole host of names here but why does our Prime Minister end a speech with reference to Gay Marriage and how he wants it to be acceptable in this country. Has the man not read leviticus "Man shall not lay with another man as he would lay with a women".

Gay couples already have the right to a Civil Partnership and that is recognised which I have no problem with, each to his own and all that. But to describe this arrangement as marriage flies in the face of christian belief that marriage is both instituted and ordained by God.

All of this at a time when the country is moving from recession into depression from which it will take years to recover, no one really believes that stopping overseas aid will solve the budget deficit, neither will the legalisation of gay marriage

But right now we need to be looking after ourselves, protecting our country and it's citizens and not trying to impress other countries with wishy washly liberal bullshit.

End of rant. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 pm

castleblue wrote:I know this may cause a reaction and I may get called a whole host of names here but why does our Prime Minister end a speech with reference to Gay Marriage and how he wants it to be acceptable in this country. Has the man not read leviticus "Man shall not lay with another man as he would lay with a women".

Gay couples already have the right to a Civil Partnership and that is recognised which I have no problem with, each to his own and all that. But to describe this arrangement as marriage flies in the face of christian belief that marriage is both instituted and ordained by God.

All of this at a time when the country is moving from recession into depression from which it will take years to recover, no one really believes that stopping overseas aid will solve the budget deficit, neither will the legalisation of gay marriage

He shouldn't believe in God - Nobody should. Whilst religion teaches some good things, it's A) bad to believe in something with no proof and B) religion is used all too often for wars. It's stupid.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:23 pm

YOU ALL GO ON AND ON AND ON AND BLOODY ON ABOUT THE POLITICAL PARTY'S BUT AT THE NEXT ELECTION YOU WILL DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. FOR GOD SAKE , MOST OF YOU WONT VOTE FOR YOUR OUR COUNTRY'S PARTY PLAID CYMRU. COS YOU ALL GO ON ABOUT WE CANT MAKE IT ON OUR OWN. TAKE A LOOK AT THE 10 RICHEST COUNTRY'S IN THE WORLD AND 7 OF THEM ARE AROUND THE SAME SIZE OF WALES. FOR GOD SAKE BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.
THE ENGLISH GOVERNMENT WILL ALWAYS PUT eNGLAND FIRST, SO LET THE WELSH PUT THE WELSH FIRST.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Dafydd wrote:
castleblue wrote:I know this may cause a reaction and I may get called a whole host of names here but why does our Prime Minister end a speech with reference to Gay Marriage and how he wants it to be acceptable in this country. Has the man not read leviticus "Man shall not lay with another man as he would lay with a women".

He shouldn't believe in God - Nobody should. Whilst religion teaches some good things, it's A) bad to believe in something with no proof and B) religion is used all too often for wars. It's stupid.

Your spot on Dafydd religion has caused more problems than it's ever solved, my point is that our Prime Minister did little to convince me that good times are about to arrive anytime soon.

And he has no plan to make it happen. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:YOU ALL GO ON AND ON AND ON AND BLOODY ON ABOUT THE POLITICAL PARTY'S BUT AT THE NEXT ELECTION YOU WILL DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. FOR GOD SAKE , MOST OF YOU WONT VOTE FOR YOUR OUR COUNTRY'S PARTY PLAID CYMRU. COS YOU ALL GO ON ABOUT WE CANT MAKE IT ON OUR OWN. TAKE A LOOK AT THE 10 RICHEST COUNTRY'S IN THE WORLD AND 7 OF THEM ARE AROUND THE SAME SIZE OF WALES. FOR GOD SAKE BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.
THE ENGLISH GOVERNMENT WILL ALWAYS PUT eNGLAND FIRST, SO LET THE WELSH PUT THE WELSH FIRST.

Capital letters Hmmm.

For your information in both local election and in Assembly elections I voted Plaid. So if it's OK with you I'll offer my opinions for debate without being accused of going on and on.

By the way do you really believe that anyone who doesn't vote Plaid isn't welsh? And are Plaid really the party of our country :? :? :?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:36 pm

castleblue wrote:I have to say I watched our Prime Minister giving his speech to the Tory Conference today and it left me feeling really depressed. When the tw*t started talking about his visit to Nigeria and how wonderful it was to watch all the mothers holding their babies to receive their vacinations, paid for by UK foreign aid, and then saying he wouldn't want to live in a country that wouldn't feel good about doing things like this, well I felt what's the point in going on.

Nigeria is sitting on the worlds 8th largest oil reserves and each day 95% of what is produced is exported, 42% to the USA. Nigeria holds approx 10 times the oil reserves of the UK and in fact is not that far behind Libya. Does Nigeria sound like it's a poor country or a country that needs foriegn aid to vacinate it's children.

I know this may cause a reaction and I may get called a whole host of names here but why does our Prime Minister end a speech with reference to Gay Marriage and how he wants it to be acceptable in this country. Has the man not read leviticus "Man shall not lay with another man as he would lay with a women".

But right now we need to be looking after ourselves, protecting our country and it's citizens and not trying to impress other countries with wishy washly liberal bullshit.

Vote Labour.

The party of the people.

Signed CCMB..

I was bored shitless earlier on this evening so was reading some of the crap on Mikes board and it did cross my mind to put a "political" type thread up on here. The moment passed but if you're up for one I'm in!

To start you off...........

The vast majority of lefties are brain dead, sheep more or less, just follow whichever, whatever, whosoever is the current trend. The odd one or two hundred others infest the internet slagging anyone and everyone with a different opinion using the "buzz" words of, in no particular order, rascism, capitalism, etc and my favourites homophobia,islamophobia...

I'm off to get a couple of beers as you appear to be a worthy opponent and its been a long time since I could argue/debate with an intelligent advisory on :ayatollah: t'net.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Problem is here Wombat, I was going to call you Willy but that's not PC :lol: :lol: , I always have voted Labour in general elections. Until the last one where for some reason I voted Lib Dem, but I've been to therapy and that will never happen again.

I've always believed in seat of the pants logic and I just couldn't see any from deluded Dave Cameron today, I mean what the f**K has the issue of gay marriage got to do with the issues facing our country today. Why would DC not want to live in the same country as me all because I think Nigeria can afford to vacinate it's own children. It must be me :? :?

Why are we not having political debate about how we get our countries economy growing, DC will tell us we need to have access to the EU to sell our goods and services. This to me is bollocks, simple pure bollocks.

Why not close our borders and stop all immigration for say 5 years, I don't know why 5 years but why not. Why not introduce legislation preventing banks from loaning money to other countries or banks in other countries. Stop all trading in currency and line anyone who is found doing it up against a wall and throw shit at them.

If banks want to make money that should force them to loan it to business in this country, or to personal banking which would provide demand for products. Hopefully for products made in this country by people who live in this country.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:01 pm

castleblue wrote:Problem is here Wombat, I was going to call you Willy but that's not PC :lol: :lol: , I always have voted Labour in general elections. Until the last one where for some reason I voted Lib Dem, but I've been to therapy and that will never happen again.

I've always believed in seat of the pants logic and I just couldn't see any from deluded Dave Cameron today, I mean what the f**K has the issue of gay marriage got to do with the issues facing our country today. Why would DC not want to live in the same country as me all because I think Nigeria can afford to vacinate it's own children. It must be me :? :?

Why are we not having political debate about how we get our countries economy growing, DC will tell us we need to have access to the EU to sell our goods and services. This to me is bollocks, simple pure bollocks.

Why not close our borders and stop all immigration for say 5 years, I don't know why 5 years but why not. Why not introduce legislation preventing banks from loaning money to other countries or banks in other countries. Stop all trading in currency and line anyone who is found doing it up against a wall and throw shit at them.

If banks want to make money that should force them to loan it to business in this country, or to personal banking which would provide demand for products. Hopefully for products made in this country by people who live in this country.

Excellent CB, you may call me Willy or Wombat or Steve.

Be back in sec.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 pm

spikey wrote:whilst we are are stopping monies to pensions and cutting money
all over the place we are giving 3billion away abroad, time to get thing right
in out country first.

and kick the human rights charter out, if some one needs to be deported
then so be it, we got to live by other peoples laws abroad

i got to agree,we still give billions to china,one of the richest countries in the world,f#cking madness :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 pm

castleblue wrote:Problem is here Wombat, I was going to call you Willy but that's not PC :lol: :lol: , I always have voted Labour in general elections. Until the last one where for some reason I voted Lib Dem, but I've been to therapy and that will never happen again.

By the way I forgot to mention Deluded Dave reminded me of Maggie Thatcher today, but then I realised Maggie had balls and didn't use brylcreem. :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:YOU ALL GO ON AND ON AND ON AND BLOODY ON ABOUT THE POLITICAL PARTY'S BUT AT THE NEXT ELECTION YOU WILL DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. FOR GOD SAKE , MOST OF YOU WONT VOTE FOR YOUR OUR COUNTRY'S PARTY PLAID CYMRU. COS YOU ALL GO ON ABOUT WE CANT MAKE IT ON OUR OWN. TAKE A LOOK AT THE 10 RICHEST COUNTRY'S IN THE WORLD AND 7 OF THEM ARE AROUND THE SAME SIZE OF WALES. FOR GOD SAKE BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.

Its not about making it on your own. Its the Party that bothers me, they are more Liberal than the Liberal Party, they would ruin this Country. Now if Wales had there own less Radical party not one that's only interest is the so called climate change , renewable energy and sending us back to the dark ages then it would be different. I could never vote for Plaid because in short they are run by LOONIES !!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm

In short i hate the Political Parties, all of them. Cameron going on about everything Foreign and nothing about the shit that's going on at home. (May i just say i have spilt a glass of wine all over the Settee and the base of the Laptop :o now i'm pissed off) So all the Political parties can feck off IMO :evil: :evil:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Sorry CB, was talking to my neighbour, more about that later.

To take you points I'm going to trust in my cut paste skills then change colour. I do forwarn you that my cut/paste skills in MS software is shite so what will happen here I have no idea, seat of the pants jobs. I have a thong, errrr, wrong debate..

"I've always believed in seat of the pants logic and I just couldn't see any from deluded Dave Cameron today, I mean what the f**K has the issue of gay marriage got to do with the issues facing our country today. Why would DC not want to live in the same country as me all because I think Nigeria can afford to vacinate it's own children. It must be me"

No, from the small cross section of society that I still know in the UK, your probably on the same train of thought as everyone else. The odd ones out are generally involved in media, music, fashion, etc. The ones with most to loose if the general population actually gave a shit.

"Why are we not having political debate about how we get our countries economy growing, DC will tell us we need to have access to the EU to sell our goods and services. This to me is bollocks, simple pure bollocks."

DC is from the same university's as the Labour lot, same people, same shite. Most of the UK political party leadership candidates would fit in either party equally well. Hence the downfall of the Labour party.

Like it or not we are part of the EU. We don't sell much to the EU countries, been at war with them most of the time :lol:

But we are part of the "socialist" dream of a united Europe, I think some guy called Adolf wrote a song about it, so freedom of movement, work, equal opportunity's for all. In all fairness, that is the situation as it is now for Workers. Yep for those that are prepared to move about, grasp the lady by the thighs and get on, works well. Eastern Europeans comming over and "stealing" jobs, some of the best.

"Why not close our borders and stop all immigration for say 5 years, I don't know why 5 years but why not. Why not introduce legislation preventing banks from loaning money to other countries or banks in other countries. Stop all trading in currency and line anyone who is found doing it up against a wall and throw shit at them."

We can't, not me, not you, not DC, the millipedes, we is signed up to Greater Socialist State of Europe, like it or not. Immigration from former colonial countries should be stopped. If a load of pakis (short word for pakisitanis) want to go the UK, we'll swop! Your hard working strange idol worshiping folk can come to Great Britain if you take our strange, pale, idol participants in exchange.

I have no constructive arguement in respect of currency trading.

"If banks want to make money that should force them to loan it to business in this country, or to personal banking which would provide demand for products. Hopefully for products made in this country by people who live in this country."

The last bunch of student common room fools completely fucked that.

It's all a load of bollocks, from the bottom to the top.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Sorry CB, was talking to my neighbour, more about that later.

To take you points I'm going to trust in my cut paste skills then change colour. I do forwarn you that my cut/paste skills in MS software is shite so what will happen here I have no idea, seat of the pants jobs. I have a thong, errrr, wrong debate..

"I've always believed in seat of the pants logic and I just couldn't see any from deluded Dave Cameron today, I mean what the f**K has the issue of gay marriage got to do with the issues facing our country today. Why would DC not want to live in the same country as me all because I think Nigeria can afford to vacinate it's own children. It must be me"

No, from the small cross section of society that I still know in the UK, your probably on the same train of thought as everyone else. The odd ones out are generally involved in media, music, fashion, etc. The ones with most to loose if the general population actually gave a shit.

"Why are we not having political debate about how we get our countries economy growing, DC will tell us we need to have access to the EU to sell our goods and services. This to me is bollocks, simple pure bollocks."

DC is from the same university's as the Labour lot, same people, same shite. Most of the UK political party leadership candidates would fit in either party equally well. Hence the downfall of the Labour party.

Like it or not we are part of the EU. We don't sell much to the EU countries, been at war with them most of the time :lol:

But we are part of the "socialist" dream of a united Europe, I think some guy called Adolf wrote a song about it, so freedom of movement, work, equal opportunity's for all. In all fairness, that is the situation as it is now for Workers. Yep for those that are prepared to move about, grasp the lady by the thighs and get on, works well. Eastern Europeans comming over and "stealing" jobs, some of the best.

"Why not close our borders and stop all immigration for say 5 years, I don't know why 5 years but why not. Why not introduce legislation preventing banks from loaning money to other countries or banks in other countries. Stop all trading in currency and line anyone who is found doing it up against a wall and throw shit at them."

We can't, not me, not you, not DC, the millipedes, we is signed up to Greater Socialist State of Europe, like it or not. Immigration from former colonial countries should be stopped. If a load of pakis (short word for pakisitanis) want to go the UK, we'll swop! Your hard working strange idol worshiping folk can come to Great Britain if you take our strange, pale, idol participants in exchange.

I have no constructive arguement in respect of currency trading.

"If banks want to make money that should force them to loan it to business in this country, or to personal banking which would provide demand for products. Hopefully for products made in this country by people who live in this country."

The last bunch of student common room fools completely fucked that.

It's all a load of bollocks, from the bottom to the top.

Sorry Steve I've got to pick she who must obeyed up from work but I agree with you I can't see the difference in any of the political parties anymore, and I blame Thatcher for that. Call it Thatcherism or Moneterism we have all been ism'd into fecking oblivion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
castleblue wrote:I have to say I watched our Prime Minister giving his speech to the Tory Conference today and it left me feeling really depressed. When the tw*t started talking about his visit to Nigeria and how wonderful it was to watch all the mothers holding their babies to receive their vacinations, paid for by UK foreign aid, and then saying he wouldn't want to live in a country that wouldn't feel good about doing things like this, well I felt what's the point in going on.

Vote Labour.

The party of the people.

Signed CCMB..

I was bored shitless earlier on this evening so was reading some of the crap on Mikes board and it did cross my mind to put a "political" type thread up on here. The moment passed but if you're up for one I'm in!

The vast majority of lefties are brain dead, sheep more or less, just follow whichever, whatever, whosoever is the current trend. The odd one or two hundred others infest the internet slagging anyone and everyone with a different opinion using the "buzz" words of, in no particular order, rascism, capitalism, etc and my favourites homophobia,islamophobia...

I'm off to get a couple of beers as you appear to be a worthy opponent and its been a long time since I could argue/debate with an intelligent advisory on :ayatollah: t'net.

Ah, Willy the Wombat, my nemesis. :lol:

Here we go again. :D

When you said "the vast majority of lefties are brain dead,", that was very hypocritical of you, cause later on in the sae paragraph you said "The odd one or two hundred others infest the internet slagging anyone and everyone with a different opinion using the "buzz" words of, in no particular order, rascism, capitalism, etc and my favourites homophobia,islamophobia".

So, you slagged off the "vast majority" of lefties and then go on to say how the odd one or two hundreds slag everyone off on the internet. Soa re you part of the "one or two hundred" righties who slag everyone off then? :D :old:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:03 pm

If we all went through our lineage hardly any of us would be true british there would be a mix of german romany etc

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:06 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:If we all went through our lineage hardly any of us would be true british there would be a mix of german romany etc

Vot did you say !!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 pm

For the record, i am a Welsh Nationalist. I believe in our language, our culture
and all that bollocks (and speak my language) but most of all, i believe that as
a country, as a people, we are bright enough and clued up enough to run our
own f*cking bath!!

To the Plaid Cymru supporters...

Read their policies, they embrace Multiculturalism with a vengeance, they had to, to
get EUROPE on board. Wales is a country not beset with Racial issues, god bless Cymdeithas,
they fought the battles for our own language, and even those in Wales of different colour
generally embrace Wales as 'their' country.... But Plaid will open those European floodgates
even wider, to stay 'in with the crowd'... before you know it, we will be smashed with even
worse problems than England is now. "WELSH" will just be another language on the walls of
the police station. I kid you not.

But this is a thread about forking out money to 'other countries'

Well I'm dead sorry, but the very second we hand over 50p to Pakistan its game over for me.

why dont Britain say erm.....

"For every £100 we give you, please spend 50p on protecting the Christians in your country"

Because Pakistan f*cking HATES Britain. I wouldnt give them dandruff, the cunts.

INDIA?? :lol: . shit, they've more or less told Britain they dont want our money, they dont
need it, they are our friends. Always will be. They give away more foreign aid themselves
than we give to them. So OBVIOUSLY.... the money we give to India goes erm.... to erm...
rich people. Same as everywhere else.

f**k em all

Particularly Muslim countries who are DISGUSTED by the way we live our lives. f**k em
Last edited by taffyapple on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Vote Labour.

The party of the people.

Signed CCMB..

Ah, Willy the Wombat, my nemesis. :lol:

Here we go again. :D

When you said "the vast majority of lefties are brain dead,", that was very hypocritical of you, cause later on in the sae paragraph you said "The odd one or two hundred others infest the internet slagging anyone and everyone with a different opinion using the "buzz" words of, in no particular order, rascism, capitalism, etc and my favourites homophobia,islamophobia".

So, you slagged off the "vast majority" of lefties and then go on to say how the odd one or two hundreds slag everyone off on the internet. Soa re you part of the "one or two hundred" righties who slag everyone off then? :D :old:

No

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Plaid Cymru is a load of crap. Why anyone would vote them in baffles me but why anyone from Cardiff would vote them in really confuses me. I believe that we should have our segregation from the rest of Britain but plaid Cymru isn't the way forward. Plaid Cymru have vowed to close 40% of English speaking schools and turn them into welsh speaking schools. Baffles me to think that people would want that. Welsh isn't our native language, it's a load of old shite. The language is for arrogant welsh folk who believe that speaking welsh gives them the right to speak Down to other people.

Rant over.

P.s the worse thing about welsh speakers is when you are in a room with a couple of them and after a while they start talking in welsh..massive annoyance

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 pm

If I understand your approach correctly, you correlate GDP per capita with population and land areas and that is interesting. However, that is just about where the correlations end.

1. Assuming that you are using the World Bank ranking, nine of the ten countries are relatively low tax economies with an orientation to capitalism - I do not associate Plaid Cymru with either.

2. Five of the 10 have an abundance of natural resources, including Norway which is the one country I exclude in 1. above. We appear to have quite a bit of shale gas, but it seems that Wales would become an environmental disaster zone if it is ever exploited.

3. One of the 10 countries is notable as an EU-tax haven and has developed leadership in a specific area of financial services that we would be unlikely to challenge any time soon.

4. Two of the 10 countries have a unique position as a "bridge to China" (Hong Kong) and "casino for China" (Macau). We are not on the doorstep of the economic powerhouse that is China and do not have the free market approach and low taxes of either Hong Kong or Macau. The highest rate of salary tax in HK is 17%.

5. Three of the countries have outstanding reputations for the quality of their education, science and innovation. Our higher education becomes less noteworthy by the day, the disgrace that is the University of Wales being just one example of how the Principality has undermined quality.

6. Two things that Plaid Cymru will NEVER understand are economics and what makes nations globally competitive.

7. Adam Price (Plaid Cymru) can quote the nobel prize winning professors of my alma mater as much as he likes, but that does not mean that he has acquired either insight or wisdom. An MPA from Harvard is just that!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:28 am

ccfcashley wrote:Plaid Cymru is a load of crap. Why anyone would vote them in baffles me but why anyone from Cardiff would vote them in really confuses me. I believe that we should have our segregation from the rest of Britain but plaid Cymru isn't the way forward. Plaid Cymru have vowed to close 40% of English speaking schools and turn them into welsh speaking schools. Baffles me to think that people would want that. Welsh isn't our native language, it's a load of old shite. The language is for arrogant welsh folk who believe that speaking welsh gives them the right to speak Down to other people.

Rant over.

P.s the worse thing about welsh speakers is when you are in a room with a couple of them and after a while they start talking in welsh..massive annoyance

Are they talking to you though and expecting you to answer? Or are they talking to each other and you are just annoyed because you can't listen in to their private conversation. Maybe they are simply saying in Welsh: "Lets speak in Welsh, there's a right nosey b*stard over there listening to every word we say" :lol:

On the Welsh school thing I've been told that they are now becoming heavilly over subscribed and they are even poping up in places like London. The reason being is because people would rather their kids learn Welsh than to be forced to learn all about Asian languages and cultures which are now becoming increasingly more taught in English media schools. Don't know if that is true but I've heard it from a few places.

It's also worth noting that if you are fluent in Welsh and English then picking up other languages is so much easier.