Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Works collections / Charities / Schools scrounging

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Getting f*cking fed up of it.

Must be at least 3 works collections or sponsor forms a week, somones birthday, someones getting married, one collecion this week because someone is going on maternity leave. She aint even had the kid yet ffs. WTF!!! No doubt another collection when the kid is born. :roll:

The schools are taking the f*cking piss, looks like we got to sibsidise the cut-backs. £1 a week for this, £2 a week for that. Tins of food for the Ethopians. WTF!!! Roll on when my youngest starts next year, be another £10 a week to find. Be cheaper to send them to a private school at this rate!!!

As for charities, I will always give to certain charities (kids, homeless, cancer) but they are starting to take the piss. Some Market Research guy knocked my door last week with a clip board asking me what charities I would be interested in giving to. WTF!!!! Whats the world coming to when charities are giving it the hard sell on your front door.

Easy need to earn an extra 1k a year just to fund the above. Dont they know theres a recession on.

On top of that the tax i give away is being used to help fat cat bankers and some c**t 1000's of mile away out of the shit. We are in the shit big time in this country but hey, lets look after someonelse first instead of looking after our own.

Countrys f*cking mad. :evil:

Re: Works collections / Charities / Schools scrounging

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 pm

In work I only give for birthdays or leaving presents on my team. Anyone else can f**k right off.

And, as for charities like starving African kids, whatever happened to the Blue Peter milk bottle top appeal? Now that was something worth collecting for. And it built strong bones and teeth

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:34 pm

polo wrote:Getting f*cking fed up of it.

Must be at least 3 works collections or sponsor forms a week, somones birthday, someones getting married, one collecion this week because someone is going on maternity leave. She aint even had the kid yet ffs. WTF!!! No doubt another collection when the kid is born. :roll:

The schools are taking the f*cking piss, looks like we got to sibsidise the cut-backs. £1 a week for this, £2 a week for that. Tins of food for the Ethopians. WTF!!! Roll on when my youngest starts next year, be another £10 a week to find. Be cheaper to send them to a private school at this rate!!!

As for charities, I will always give to certain charities (kids, homeless, cancer) but they are starting to take the piss. Some Market Research guy knocked my door last week with a clip board asking me what charities I would be interested in giving to. WTF!!!! Whats the world coming to when charities are giving it the hard sell on your front door.

Easy need to earn an extra 1k a year just to fund the above. Dont they know theres a recession on.

On top of that the tax i give away is being used to help fat cat bankers and some c**t 1000's of mile away out of the shit. We are in the shit big time in this country but hey, lets look after someonelse first instead of looking after our own.

Countrys f*cking mad. :evil:

If you want to sponsor me in the Cardiff Half Marathon the link is below :shock:

http://www.justgiving.com/TargetFundRai ... lfMarathon

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm

It does take this piss.

HOWEVER

Another shite thing is this new tactic by charities of sending out say, 12p, stuck to a begging letter. You know, to try and make you remember. Most people will just pocket it.