Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the reason y snoop was wearing a city shirt

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 am

the link

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16082292

Snoop Dogg Digs Record-Breaking Vegetable
Tweet5 Comments11:17am UK, Tuesday October 04, 2011

Hip-hop superstar Snoop Dogg has paid unexpected tribute to a Welsh gardener who grew a record-breaking vegetable.

Last month, Ian Neale from Newport earned a place in horticultural history by cultivating the 38.8kg (85.5lb) swede.

His efforts won praise from the unlikeliest of people - cannabis activist Snoop.

In a short YouTube clip, the rapper - wearing a Cardiff City football jersey and standing in front of a marijuana-plant background - sends a "shout out" to Mr Neale.

"Man, I want to tell you something, when I do my show in Cardiff, I want you to come backstage and see me because I do vegetation myself and I want to know your secret," he says in the video.

"So Ian Neale... come see your boy Snoop Dogg, I've got two tickets for you when I get to town. Ya dig?"

Mr Neale poses with his giant swede and cucumber at a recent fair

The American star is performing at Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena this Saturday, October 8.

While Mr Neale is said to be appreciative of the tickets, he told the South Wales Argus he would not be taking up the offer.

"I'm more of a country and western man myself," he said.

The 68-year-old has been growing oversized vegetables for 30 years, and has previously produced a beetroot weighing 23.5kg (51.5lbs) and cucumber that grew to 107cm (42.12in).

In June, Snoop recorded a video message wishing Coronation Street a happy 50th anniversary.

It came after he revealed his desire to get a cameo on the long-running soap.

Re: the reason y snoop was wearing a city shirt

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

he's not wearing a cardiff shirt because of a gardener.....

when ever he tours, he appeals to the local area by wearing the main sports team, and in europe football is the biggest sport so when he tours manchester, he will wear a united top, and because he's in cardiff hes wearing a city top, for his tour

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm

he also did a shout out to bale, giggs, and other non famous people, they are all on youtube

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Has Snoopy Doggy requested a signed copy of "Annis - My Story" yet?