Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does workrate lead to injuries

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm

I say this because since MM has been in charge we seem to be a much more committed team and work for the full 90 minutes but will this result in a big number of injuries like we have now or is this just coincidence, one other thing Watford in the past 3 seasons (not including this one) got off to a great start but declined dramatically after the turn of the year, could this be down to burnout in the players after giving everything for the first 4 - 5 months of the season ?

Re: Does workrate lead to injuries

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:I say this because since MM has been in charge we seem to be a much more committed team and work for the full 90 minutes but will this result in a big number of injuries like we have now or is this just coincidence, one other thing Watford in the past 3 seasons (not including this one) got off to a great start but declined dramatically after the turn of the year, could this be down to burnout in the players after giving everything for the first 4 - 5 months of the season ?

most of the injuries happened in the first half tho

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:I say this because since MM has been in charge we seem to be a much more committed team and work for the full 90 minutes but will this result in a big number of injuries like we have now or is this just coincidence, one other thing Watford in the past 3 seasons (not including this one) got off to a great start but declined dramatically after the turn of the year, could this be down to burnout in the players after giving everything for the first 4 - 5 months of the season ?

I bloody hope not mate. I suspect our new fitness regime is strictly monitored
and the players recieve top notch physiotherapy and massages, and warm up
and down in a professional manner.

I'm HOPING this bad run of injuries is just a mad blip, maybe made worse by
the two very hard games against Leicester in a week, and the heavy pitch in
Blackpool the week before.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Would be interested in how many of our players have pickrd up injuries in the games after the extra - time Carling Cup matches.