Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I really feel for MM at the moment

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm

How'd you know the board ain't backing him?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

"Boardroom battles" ? :?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Why would you think that? MM hasn't hinted anything like that :?
He is saying he is looking :roll:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 pm

If there was no money why would he be looking? If the board couldn't justify paying someone three weeks wages for one game when they could wait seems a good idea to me, but, i'm not sure that's even happened.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 pm

But if he is contacting clubs as he has said but has no money thats highly unprofessional and not really like MM.

Who knows what budget he was offered anyway? All speculation to have further digs at the majority shareholders.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:But if he is contacting clubs as he has said but has no money thats highly unprofessional and not really like MM.

Who knows what budget he was offered anyway? All speculation to have further digs at the majority shareholders.

Fairplay blue,you spend most of your time on here defending the club :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:13 am

boxerbob wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:But if he is contacting clubs as he has said but has no money thats highly unprofessional and not really like MM.

Fairplay blue,you spend most of your time on here defending the club :ayatollah:

I just hate the way goal posts are changed. TG and Tan came in to save the club, and they have.... I'm over the moon. I don't expect anything else.

I honestly believe if they can sort our debt out while building the infastructure of the club in 5 years we will be in pole position while every other club falls apart financially. This money bubble won't last...
Look at Pompey and the investment they had!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Well thats my opinion but I suppose its either one of two then. Either he's not getting the support needed or his inexperience is showing due to the lack of numbers in the squad even before the injuries. Personally due to the length of time MM has been in the game both as a player and a manager I will go with my gut instinct and put the blame on the boardroom.

Or maybe MM is being a real pro, knowing his budget and waiting for the right players at the right time.
Not paying them for the international break is good work and getting the right player vital.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:13 am

tbh i'm feeling for Malky he's got a tiny squad injuries has hit us... i know it's you opinion but how do you know the board haven't given him any cash nothings been released, and i'm sure if they lost interest i'm sure they would stick the sale. Are we not still millions in debt as well, i'm happy with the job they're doing and plus Malky did he say he tried for six players in a day but did fail. :?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:48 am

2blue2handle wrote:Why would you think that? MM hasn't hinted anything like that :?

Luke, he is never going to come out publicly as come on their his bosses.

All I can say is every fan and Malky can see were 3 or 4 players short.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 am

The sooner the Langston money gets sorted then maybe CCFC will inject some cash into the playing side of things ?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Why would you think that? MM hasn't hinted anything like that :?

The truth is we just don't know what is going on with regard to these proposed loans.

What we do know was that when the Riddler was booted out and the Malaysians took over, the majority of this forum was of the opinion that the new board should be prudent even if it meant a couple of seasons of consolidation.

Now, after one narrow loss, the board "aren't backing MM" and "are not in it for the long haul" :shock: :roll: Let's get real, we transformed the squad in the summer and are enduring the worst injury crisis I can remember in my 40 years of supporting the club and it's all down to TG and VT not backing MM :roll:

This board made it clear that their first aim was to stabilise the club financially and then push on. City fans aren't known for patience but this season they're going to have to have some because this is definitely going to be one of transition.

We know the first XI is good enough for the play-offs at least and it's been like a breathe of fresh air this season. The question is can the rest of the squad back them :?: Time will tell :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The truth is we just don't know what is going on with regard to these proposed loans.

What we do know was that when the Riddler was booted out and the Malaysians took over, the majority of this forum was of the opinion that the new board should be prudent even if it meant a couple of seasons of consolidation.

Now, after one narrow loss, the board "aren't backing MM" and "are not in it for the long haul" :shock: :roll: Let's get real, we transformed the squad in the summer and are enduring the worst injury crisis I can remember in my 40 years of supporting the club and it's all down to TG and VT not backing MM :roll:

This board made it clear that their first aim was to stabilise the club financially and then push on. City fans aren't known for patience but this season they're going to have to have some because this is definitely going to be one of transition.

We know the first XI is good enough for the play-offs at least and it's been like a breathe of fresh air this season. The question is can the rest of the squad back them :?: Time will tell :ayatollah:

Good post mate! I agree with this. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 am

piledriver64 wrote:

I think the above post is an excellent assessment. There is no doubt that we do need 3 or 4 players to bolster the squad, but it appears Malky is being cauious before committing this club to any further player investment and I fully support him.

I would also add that may be the board are supporting him in other ways like assuring him he has time (2 to 3 seasons) to restructure the club and achieve promotion.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I think the above post is an excellent assessment. There is no doubt that we do need 3 or 4 players to bolster the squad, but it appears Malky is being cauious before committing this club to any further player investment and I fully support him.

I would also add that may be the board are supporting him in other ways like assuring him he has time (2 to 3 seasons) to restructure the club and achieve promotion.

And investing in the lamps to ensure that we have grass to play on all season for a change :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:01 am

I think he his being backed,but the players he want are not available yet,malkay won't sign players for sake of it,he was offered player last week,but turned it down because he was not right for club.he's got great team spirit at club and he ll make sure that won't change.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:26 am

If anybody wonders why I think this guy is cnut here's the evidence! Firstly we beat southampton with a great result and performance and surprise surprise midfield general is nowhere to be seen then we lose a game and he crawls back to from his hole, whinging and talking about "boardroom battles" that he's conjured up in his own head. This guy couldn't give two flying fucks about cardiff he's just a shit stirring tw*t

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 am

Midfield general wrote:I'm sure that he would have thought he'd get more than this from the board at the club. Just my opinion but I can't help feeling that he's been let down by the boardroom battles within the club.

What boardroom battle do you mean??

Why do you persist in making things up in your head?

NONE of us know whats going on in that boardroom. Perfect example:

Gethin Jenkins.

Who saw that one coming? Nobody!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:57 am

Don’t like having to repeat what many people have already posted in other threads on this subject, but how the hell isn’t Malky being backed?
We lost 12 players in the Summer, 8 who didn’t belong to us, as they were on loan, 2 who we chose not to renew their contracts and 2 (Bothroyd & Matthews), who chose not to renew their own contracts with us!

We’ve brought in 10 new players, 9 who are now contracted to us (i.e., they are our players) and 1 (Kiss) who is on loan, will hopefully make his contract permanent come January, or next Summer!
Whilst only Miller and Turner have commanded notable transfer fees, Mason still cost us £250,000, Gunnarson around a £200,000 compensation fee and all the other players we’ve brought in, would most probably have cost a signing on fee and the club will have their substantial wages to meet as well!
Malky has clearly been trying to get players in to bolster the squad! The fact that none have materialised to date, is open to speculation, but if Malky is being choosy with his selections and careful with his money, then we should be grateful that he and the board have our club’s best interests at heart!

The club have slowly and surely, been servicing the debts of previous regimes, whilst still keeping us competitive on the field! Personally, I’m really happy with this tact and want the club to continue moving in the right direction, by building for the future!

For those of you though, who want the club to go out and spend silly money on players and take this club back to the brink and risk going into administration, like Swansea have twice, like Pompey did to win the FA Cup, like many other clubs have done before, then you need to get a reality check!

If you need any further proof that spending money you don’t have doesn’t work, then look at two times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest, who do not own their own ground and who are reportedly losing £11million per year! Their manager has now walked out and the chairman, who has been pumping his own money into the club for umpteen years, will walk away at the end of this season as well! They are clearly deep in the brown smelly stuff!

Then there’s Middlesbrough, who have spent hardly a penny over the past 2 seasons and the only way that players have been going at their club, has been out of the door!
However, they now seem to have bonded together and as well as stuffing our star line-up at the end of last season, are now sitting pretty, as 2nd top of the league!
Tony Mowbray hasn’t moaned about not being able to bring anybody in and just gets on with it, we as fans, need to do the same, IMO! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 am

If the budget is tight im at a loss why MM would splash out a transfer fee on Ben Turner when Centre Half is the one position at the club we have plenty of options.

That money should have been used to strengthen elsewhere.

Also, where is the 35k a week we had for Bellers? We made an enquiry on last day of the window and havent signed anyone since.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Well thats my opinion but I suppose its either one of two then. Either he's not getting the support needed or his inexperience is showing due to the lack of numbers in the squad even before the injuries. Personally due to the length of time MM has been in the game both as a player and a manager I will go with my gut instinct and put the blame on the boardroom.

Or maybe MM is being a real pro, knowing his budget and waiting for the right players at the right time.
Not paying them for the international break is good work and getting the right player vital.

You know I've always had my doubts about the Malaysians and have never understood the Malaysians arse licking and unfortunately my theory that they have lost interest seems to be coming true as every day passes by.

So when they converted a loan into equity, that indicates a lack of interest?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:37 am

polo wrote:If the budget is tight im at a loss why MM would splash out a transfer fee on Ben Turner when Centre Half is the one position at the club we have plenty of options.

Also, where is the 35k a week we had for Bellers? We made an enquiry on last day of the window and havent signed anyone since.

Re: Turner, the guy is quality. Saw a bargain, saw opportunity to get an upgrade.

As for the rest, people seemingly want to get in players for players sake - which led to JLS, Bywater et al. I've no doubt Malky has a pretty good idea who he wants, based around their ability to play the way he wants.

People whined about no striker - Gestede, Earnie both short term injuries with international break upon us. Utter folly to get a loan guy in for 93 days when you're paying for 14 days with no game. And then that player would have to be a guaranteed starter - otherwise it's a waste of the loan to have the guy potentially 4th choice.

Doubting Mackay or berating the Malaysians, at this point of the season, is silly imo.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 am

polo wrote:If the budget is tight im at a loss why MM would splash out a transfer fee on Ben Turner when Centre Half is the one position at the club we have plenty of options.

This post is about whether Malky has, or is being backed and not about whether we should have brought specific players in or not!

The fact that we’ve brought in 10 players already and Malky is actively looking for the right quality and right price loan players to bring in, is further proof that he is clearly being supported and backed, but that we won’t bring in players, who may affect the financial budget and team spirit within the camp!

Whilst you’re on the subject of whether we have sufficient cover at centre back though, IMO, whilst we have numbers there, we did not have enough quality cover there, at least prior to Gerrard coming back and now Turner coming in!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

This post is about whether Malky has, or is being backed and not about whether we should have brought specific players in or not!

Same difference I posted in relation to the budget. :roll:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:03 pm

nerd wrote:

Re: Turner, the guy is quality. Saw a bargain, saw opportunity to get an upgrade.

As for the rest, people seemingly want to get in players for players sake - which led to JLS, Bywater et al. I've no doubt Malky has a pretty good idea who he wants, based around their ability to play the way he wants.

People whined about no striker - Gestede, Earnie both short term injuries with international break upon us. Utter folly to get a loan guy in for 93 days when you're paying for 14 days with no game. And then that player would have to be a guaranteed starter - otherwise it's a waste of the loan to have the guy potentially 4th choice.

Doubting Mackay or berating the Malaysians, at this point of the season, is silly imo.

We needed more options upfront befor the injuries. You cannot have a championship squad with 2 senior pros (Similair in style) and 2 kids. Not if you have ambitions anyway.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:09 pm

polo wrote:
nerd wrote:

We needed more options upfront befor the injuries. You cannot have a championship squad with 2 senior pros (Similair in style) and 2 kids. Not if you have ambitions anyway.

Gestede is 22, hardly like we're talking about a 17 yr old. Mason's 20, played a fair few games for Plymouth.

With one up front, a tactic that works well, how many strikers do we need? And again, why should Mackay waste a loan just to get a body in? He clearly knows the type of player - on and off the pitch - he wants into the squad.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 pm

polo wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Fair play, you are a dick! :evil:

Nobody has said that the budget is tight except for you, as nobody on here, except for Carl possibly, has any idea what the budget is!

Whatever money Malky has to spend on the playing & coaching staff, I for one am happy, that he’s choosing his signings carefully!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 pm

nerd wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

You know I've always had my doubts about the Malaysians and have never understood the Malaysians arse licking and unfortunately my theory that they have lost interest seems to be coming true as every day passes by.

So when they converted a loan into equity, that indicates a lack of interest?

Problem with Midfield General is, had Malky gone out and bought 4-5 players and
spent Fifteeen million on them you just KNOW his next post would have been:

Is anyone else worried that the Malaysians will have sourced this fifteen million from
elsewhere, in the form of a loan against the Club. I REALLY feel that if we dont go
up this season they will be gone, leaving the club with more debts. Also, why didnt
Malky go looking for free transfers? Is he just another Dave Jones who splashes the
cash to get results

Sad, but probably not far off the kind of post he'd have conjured up :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
polo wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Fair play, you are a dick! :evil:

Nobody has said that the budget is tight except for you, as nobody on here, except for Carl possibly, has any idea what the budget is!

Whatever money Malky has to spend on the playing & coaching staff, I for one am happy, that he’s choosing his signings carefully!

:roll:

Yep, nobody on this thread has said it, even though it is what MG was implying, but its been said on plenty of other threads that the budget is tight. According to Annis, as little as a quarter of what DJ had to spend although I cant see that myself, but it dont take a genius to work out we are cutting our cloth accordingly these days.

Which is why I am questioning spending that money on Ben Turner when we needed strengthening in other areas first.

Just MY opinion. if that makes me a dick then so be it. :roll:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:50 pm

polo wrote: :roll:

Yep, nobody on this thread has said it, even though it is what MG was implying, but its been said on plenty of other threads that the budget is tight. According to Annis, as little as a quarter of what DJ had to spend although I cant see that myself, but it dont take a genius to work out we are cutting our cloth accordingly these days.

Which is why I am questioning spending that money on Ben Turner when we needed strengthening in other areas first.

Just MY opinion. if that makes me a dick then so be it. :roll:

As I said, nobody on here knows what the budget is and if you don’t think we should be cutting our cloth accordingly, then you need to wake up and look at all the other clubs, who can’t even afford to buy any cloth, like Forest, Boro and the likes of Plymouth!
As for spending money on Ben Turner, when we need players in other departments, then this clearly shows that Malky has identified, that our central defence isn’t what it should be!
I for one, agree with him and as he’s spent money on a centre back, whilst clearly being short in the forward department especially, shows that he has money to spend and will bring those type of players in, as and when the opportunity for the right player(s) comes along! This shows that the board IMO are backing Malky, which is what the op (who is also a dick btw), is questioning! :P