Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goal line technology??

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Just seen Bolton score against Chelsea the ball was fully over the line!

No goal given as the ref/linesman wasn't close enough to see if the defender cleared it off the line or not.

Whats everyone's opinion on Having goal line technology? I'm not sure as I would worry it would slow the game down. Sky did replay it in less than a min though.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Goal line technology??

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ..I thought I read somewhere that they will be using It in the next world cup.I'm undecided if I would want it introduced. :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Marc wrote:Hello mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ..I thought I read somewhere that they will be using It in the next world cup.I'm undecided if I would want it introduced. :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Alright mate??

Ah I see prob giving it a trial. Let's hope they don't take things to far then and have add breaks for the breaks in play :shock: :o Like they do in America!!
:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 am

Not keen myself, would stop-start the game too much. Not part of football culture.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am

I don't see a problem with it, it takes 2 or 3 seconds for an incident like that and how often does it actually happen?

Replaying every foul is a different thing altogether, and could take minutes with different angles etc.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am

Of course it would stop all the controversy but i think it should be like Tennis, get 3 challenges a game for penalties or goals that may or may not be over the line

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:21 am

We don't need to change the rules for penalty decisions, Hull managed it on Saturday. :evil:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:24 am

Richie wrote:Of course it would stop all the controversy but i think it should be like Tennis, get 3 challenges a game for penalties or goals that may or may not be over the line

I like this idea but I think goal line technology is inevitable. I just hope it stops there and we don't start bringing it in for every decision