Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THAT PENALTY DECISION

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:16 pm

There is no doubt that Filip Kiss was in an offside position when the ball fell to him inside the box but the linesman did not signal that he was, there is no doubt that he was felled and the referee made the correct decision by pointing to the spot.

Roseinor, Hull full back ran to the linesman and remonstrated and a few of Hull City's players then signalled to the referee to speak with the linesman, which he did and he then changed his mind and gave a indirect free kick.

Why did the linesman not flag at all when Kiss received the ball?

He put the referee in a very difficult position.

Re: THAT PENALTY DECISION

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Thats not how malkey discribed it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15139078.stm

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Why is it nearly 8 years since we last won a match with Mr Colin Webster in charge? Hmmm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 pm

stickywicket wrote:Thats not how malkey discribed it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15139078.stm

???

That's EXACTLY how Malky described it during the football league show last night. There was a good 10 seconds from the ball being played forward to the offside Kiss- for the Linesman then deciding it was offside AFTER the ref had already given the penalty.... It should have stood - If the linesman was incapable of making a decision when it happened then he should not change his mind 10 seconds later when players start running over to him (an action I thought the FA were now penalising? Remonstrating and trying to influence decisions in an aggressive manor)

We should have at least got a point out of it!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 pm

How did Malky describe it?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 pm

We are certainly not getting the rub of the green with officials that's for sure. Against Leicester in the first half the Lino flagged for three off sides and TV pictures proved them to be onside. All was a good goal scoring opportunity. Then as Malky said in that interview with Witt's free kick, all the wall was protecting there faces with there hands, What happened to protecting there Gentleman Sausage ? But that was a definite hand ball, there hands should never of been up, but the Ref let that go as well. It is definitely a case of the officials not being good enough, and that should be looked at.
But yesterday it was the Linesman that let the Ref down, but that is going by TV pictures as i wasn't there.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 pm

From the interviews I have seen MM seems to think if Kiss was offside it was marginal but his biggest concern was that play had entered a new phase, anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds later when the referee awarded a penalty kick.

I think the point here is if FIFA will only accept goal technology if it can give the referee a definate answer in 1 second if a ball has crossed the line or not, then that 1 second standard surely applies in every aspect of application of the laws. If a linesman fails to put his flag up immediately and then play enters another phase the application of the laws of the game applies to the new phase of play only. In other words it was a penalty.

If you remember we had this away at Millwall last season when the fourth official intervened and the referee that day overturned his original penalty decision. If we had scored from that penalty we would have won the game, finished 3rd, put more pressure on Norwich and had a different opponent in the playoff semi final. Could things have turned out differently :?:

Going back to my original point FIFA mandate of goal line technology is simple give a decision in a second or forget it, the same should have applied yesterday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:46 pm

If we had won, I would be £200 better off today :(

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 pm

the correct decision was made i the end. The lino didnt flag, and the ref called for a penalty. once the ref consulted with his lino after having a few seconds to think about, their made the conclusiosn that Kiss, was offside, which he was. so as frustrated as we all areregarding the decision, it was correct.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:There is no doubt that Filip Kiss was in an offside position when the ball fell to him inside the box but the linesman did not signal that he was, there is no doubt that he was felled and the referee made the correct decision by pointing to the spot.

Roseinor, Hull full back ran to the linesman and remonstrated and a few of Hull City's players then signalled to the referee to speak with the linesman, which he did and he then changed his mind and gave a indirect free kick.

Why did the linesman not flag at all when Kiss received the ball?

He put the referee in a very difficult position.

A player can be in an offside position and not be penalised if in the opinion of the referee at the moment his team mate touches the ball he is not involved in active play, or looking to gain an advantage by being in that position. Well at the moment his team mate touches the ball Kiss is on the floor, and it's only after the ball deflects off 2 Hull players, whilst he is getting up, that he reacts to a loose ball.

At the moment the ball is played forward the referee glances across to the linesman, who doesn't flag or use his beeper button on the flag pole so the referee goes on with play. Kiss gets up is first to the ball and is broughtdown by Hobbs 8 seconds after the ball is played forward. The referee immediately points to the penalty spot and only then can you see Rosenior run across to the linesman and it's then that the referee goes across to talk to the linesman. At no point is the lineman seen to raise his flag and under the laws of the game he MUST for offside to be given.

Is a player offside when he is on the floor, does it matter if he gets up and reacts faster than the defenders maybe the linesman doesn't know the answer and thats why he didn't raise his flag. Either way it's poor by any reasonable standard. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

thought it wasnt offside as it came off a hull player?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:thought it wasnt offside as it came off a hull player?

The ball was PLAYED FORWARD by a Cardiff player - and Kiss was in an off side position. (AT THE TIME the flag NEVER went up - until 10 seconds later!!)

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:the correct decision was made i the end. The lino didnt flag, and the ref called for a penalty. once the ref consulted with his lino after having a few seconds to think about, their made the conclusiosn that Kiss, was offside, which he was. so as frustrated as we all areregarding the decision, it was correct.

The decision wasn't correct at all - IMO!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Merlin wrote:
Lou Vogel wrote:the correct decision was made i the end. The lino didnt flag, and the ref called for a penalty. once the ref consulted with his lino after having a few seconds to think about, their made the conclusiosn that Kiss, was offside, which he was. so as frustrated as we all areregarding the decision, it was correct.

Law 11 states that the assistant referee MUST make eye contact with the referee and MUST indicate offside by raising his flag in his right hand.

You can see the referee look over to the lino, no flag and no other indication of any infringement. That all adds up to no offside.

We was robbed just like QPR today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry Stan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:01 pm

castleblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Law 11 states that the assistant referee MUST make eye contact with the referee and MUST indicate offside by raising his flag in his right hand.

You can see the referee look over to the lino, no flag and no other indication of any infringement. That all adds up to no offside.

We was robbed just like QPR today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It was a dreadful decision.

Sorry Stan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:27 pm

the worst decision ive seen in years,changing their minds ? whatever next. both should be called in front of the F.A and demoted to non league football.If it happened to hull,id be happy we got a result but would share the same view ,I payed nearly 100 quid(with travel) with the intention to watch an exciting ,FAIR game of football,it didnt happen. Hopefully malky and the club launch an official complaint on behalf of the city players and fans because we deserve better.

And as for dopey steve claridge on the football league show saying "the linesmen must have put his flag up somewhere along the line" he really needs to stop arse kissing leicester city and west ham and actually make an effort to watch the other 22 teams in the championship.

not happy

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm

It was farcical. While in my opinion as a referee the correct decision wad reached I find that irrelevant given how the situation evolved. Player power overturned that, nothing else. If football goes down that road then the game is finished. The linesman didn't flag and he made no attempt to speak to the referee. The ref went to him after 5 or 6 Hull players bullied them. I find it disgusting to be honest and I really do fear for the game if this is going to happen.

He was offside or he wasn't. You flag if on your opinion they are or you keep it down if you think they ain't. He kept his down, so why 25-30 seconds later did he change his mind???? Nothing can justify it for me.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm

I was there as a photographer for the club and, as luck would have it, I was positioned directly opposite the penalty area.

From what I say the Cardiff player was stood in an offside position but not actively in play at that time. The shot then come in and from what I saw the ball came off a Hull player to the Cardiff player who was then fouled.

As an ex-referee it was a clear penalty for me (without any bias!)

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:If we had won, I would be £200 better off today :(

Why i never put us Irish, can't deal with a draw/lose AND losing me money!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm

It was a poor situation but te correct decision was given.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It was a poor situation but te correct decision was given.

Why was it given though? Yes, it does appear to be correct but my grievance is the way it was handled. Again, the assistant had 30-45 seconds and at no point did he even appear to want to speak to the referee untilhe was lambasted by Hull players and even then he didn't seem overly bothered until the referee went over.

All he has to do is lift his f*cking flag, it's not hard.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

PtB wrote:

Why was it given though? Yes, it does appear to be correct but my grievance is the way it was handled. Again, the assistant had 30-45 seconds and at no point did he even appear to want to speak to the referee untilhe was lambasted by Hull players and even then he didn't seem overly bothered until the referee went over.

Totally agree and that's why I mean by a poor situation, basically meaning poor refereeing by all.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
PtB wrote:

Totally agree and that's why I mean by a poor situation, basically meaning poor refereeing by all.

I know all refs make poor calls and I know I have in games and most players I've reffed will tell you I'm honest enough to admit when you call something wrong - but when you do you know instantly although it can normally still be too late. All the assistant has to do is raise his flag!!!!

I'll get over it shortly. :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

I agree, I agree :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 pm

The fact is, the linesman never raised his flag, despite the nonsense being spewed on the football league show. He had made his decision and only changed it when he had the Hull player screaming in his face.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:02 am

2blue2handle wrote:I agree, I agree :lol:

:lol: