Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 am

just watched the football league show and what was gerrard doing for their 1st goal terrible,now turner is back fit get turner in with hudson, we leaking goals all the time :ayatollah:

Re: Gerrard

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:just watched the football league show and what was gerrard doing for their 1st goal terrible,now turner is back fit get turner in with hudson, we leaking goals all the time :ayatollah:

Exactly what i thought mate, Gerrard has had some shocking moments so far, give Turner his chance and if that goes tits up then bring back Darcy to the centre :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 am

gerrard does seem to make alot of mistakes

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 am

He puts on his Twitter sometimes when he thinks he's had a mare of a game and its quite regular :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 am

ye :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:33 am

At half time I posted in the official match thread he was at fault.

He just stood off and from where I was looking it was a real soft goal to give away.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 am

very soft goal to give away, Hudson made a right cock up on a touch as well but Gerrard should of dealt with it in my opinion.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:02 am

I'd drop them both tbh and play 2 of darcy, keinan or turner.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:03 am

id play turner and hudson if that dont work keinan and turner :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 am

Turner and Darcy??

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 am

ye mcnaughton,turner,darcy,taylor :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:35 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:ye mcnaughton,turner,darcy,taylor :ayatollah:

Agree - this could turn out to be our best back four.

As well as Gerrard being at fault with the first goal I thought Hudson was at fault for the second - he let the ball go past him with 2 Hull players behind him; one was Barmby who had a fairly simple chance and took it.

I think we will concede goals more often than not with Hudson and Gerrard.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 am

Is it only me that thinks that Gerrard is a much better player when in the centre with Darcy? I'm not sure why.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:56 am

i dont get this darcy love fest.......he cannot pass the ball, constantly gives it away. Hudson and Turner all day long for me

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:57 am

CraigCCFC wrote:i dont get this darcy love fest.......he cannot pass the ball, constantly gives it away. Hudson and Turner all day long for me

Totally agree. Although I do think Darcy is a good player.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:32 pm

for the time he was on and obviously being played out of position thought turner looked very good,he looks a right animal and thats what we need at centre back. Gerrard gives it is all but his performances are very inconsistent,he was superb against leicester and rightly was awarded man of the match but his mistakes are costing us points and goals unfortunately.Darcy is a centre back all day long for me and should be given a start at that position.
kev,darcy,turner,taylor at the back for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:24 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:i dont get this darcy love fest.......he cannot pass the ball, constantly gives it away. Hudson and Turner all day long for me

LMFAO....... other than your Football Manager 2011 have you ever played a competetive game of football in your life... Darcy
reads the game better than Hudson and gerrard, tackles better than Hudson and Gerrard, his positioning, his pace is better than Hudson and Gerrard and not he can actually PASS THE BALL OUT of defence, but he Darcy can actually comfortably bring the ball out of defence.. when H and G have the ball quite honestly i'm shitting myself as to what their going to do with it, so your assessment of Darcy IMO is way off the mark... :old: :ayatollah: :roll:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:

LMFAO....... other than your Football Manager 2011 have you ever played a competetive game of football in your life... Darcy
reads the game better than Hudson and gerrard, tackles better than Hudson and Gerrard, his positioning, his pace is better than Hudson and Gerrard and not he can actually PASS THE BALL OUT of defence, but he Darcy can actually comfortably bring the ball out of defence.. when H and G have the ball quite honestly i'm shitting myself as to what their going to do with it, so your assessment of Darcy IMO is way off the mark... :old: :ayatollah: :roll:

Darcy isnt actually better at positioning than Huds, Huds reads the game alot better. His pace is obviously of a higher standard, its not hard when its Hudson and Gerrard mind :lol: But the passing? Comfortably? are you sure? :lol: Darcy is very shaky when he has the ball at his feet and if asked to kick the ball with his weak foot then he will basically be left standing like a training cone as he refuses to use his weak foot. He's a good defender yes, his tackling etc is good, but his passing is terrible

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:57 pm

If we can get away from this idea of TWO big Centre- Halfs..

Then I'd give Darcy a go with Turner every time.

Surely its no coincidence that the best we've looked over the past two
seasons defensively has been when either Darcy or SuperKev have been
Tidying up behind a big Centre Back. I dont think Hudson or Gerrard
read the game at all well, they can both be turned and can both be left
standing. Lets see what Turner is like, and give Darcy a crack in there
with him

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:02 pm

taffyapple wrote:If we can get away from this idea of TWO big Centre- Halfs..

with him

We all saw that we work well with one of the big men and Darcy when Gerrard was paired with him and those two seemed unbeatable at times. There was Gerrard to win the ball in the air and then Darcy to zip about the place to make sure there wasnt any gaps in the defense. The main problem of Gerrard and Hudson is that Gerrard is lazy. When paired with Hudson he wont read the game, he will let Hudson do it so he can keep himself open as a passing option or a "Last Stand" option.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Build a brick wall that my option :lol:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 pm

LWay wrote:
taffyapple wrote:If we can get away from this idea of TWO big Centre- Halfs..

with him

We all saw that we work well with one of the big men and Darcy when Gerrard was paired with him and those two seemed unbeatable at times. There was Gerrard to win the ball in the air and then Darcy to zip about the place to make sure there wasnt any gaps in the defense. The main problem of Gerrard and Hudson is that Gerrard is lazy. When paired with Hudson he wont read the game, he will let Hudson do it so he can keep himself open as a passing option or a "Last Stand" option.

I dunno. I think Hudson is as likely to f**k up as Gerrard, playing them both
together means we are twice as likely to drop a bollock in the middle of defence

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:10 pm

If ur being serious, ill assume u r, you have just described everything Darcy cannot do!! Well done :D

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

If ur being serious, ill assume u r, you have just described everything Darcy cannot do!! Well done :D

Well your obviously watching a total different Darcy to me then and I assume you think Hudson and Gerrard are better players then?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Hudson yes, gerrard, well thats debateable!!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Hudson yes, gerrard, well thats debateable!!

Lol Hudson is as shit a Gerrard,,, but there thats only my opinion and each to their own

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Lol Hudson is as shit a Gerrard,,, but there thats only my opinion and each to their own

To be fair, they are both GOOD players, but prone to make the odd mistake and
thats why they are incompatible. I actually think Darcy is brilliant at tidying up
behind a big Centre Half. How many players have managed to keep Wayne Rooney
quiet???

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:45 pm

the second goal was worse.the ball passed 3 city defenders :roll:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 pm

taffyapple wrote:

To be fair, they are both GOOD players, but prone to make the odd mistake and
thats why they are incompatible. I actually think Darcy is brilliant at tidying up
behind a big Centre Half. How many players have managed to keep Wayne Rooney
quiet???

Agreed Chief :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:46 am

Kienan should be given the chance , he is good in the air also and have scored a few goals for corners . I think he is more than capabler of Holding the spot next to Hudson. But Hudson must take the blame for the second goal. he had 3 Cardiff defenders infront of him when the ball come over , but 3 unmarked Hull players around him. He should have organised is defenders better and Marsh should have picked up on it also.. He could see the danger and unmarked players. :ayatollah: