Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOUBTING MALKAY

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 pm

There seems to be a few doubters on here, who think we are also rans in this division :?: We have a sub-standard squad :?: That last seasons squad was stronger :?: The Malaysians are not doing enough :?: My response to these criticisms... Bollocks :!: With the work ethic Malkay's installed we will be no pushovers. He's identified our weaknesses from DJ's reign, lack of commitment, weak midfield and shipping to many goals. Thats sorted ( injuries permitting). Malkays building for the long term not just one season. Last seasons squad was poor. DJ never created competition for places and there was no depth. Same old faces regardless of form. We are in a better financial position now than at any time I can remember.
Thank you and good night. :ayatollah:

Re: DOUBTING MALKAY

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Frankly anyone who is doubtin malky needs their heads checked :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Malkay is the promised one we shall be great again Cometh the hour cometh the man :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm

i don't know why they do it but they do. Its usually the same people who diss the players too.
I dont know if its cos the expect too much and need a reality check.

Punching above our weight with no stars, WE ARE NOW A TEAM

All i know is i've been loving this team and manager and the feel good thats here- win,lose or draw. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:31 pm

surroundedbysaxons wrote:There seems to be a few doubters on here, who think we are also rans in this division :?: We have a sub-standard squad :?: That last seasons squad was stronger :?: The Malaysians are not doing enough :?: My response to these criticisms... Bollocks :!: With the work ethic Malkay's installed we will be no pushovers. He's identified our weaknesses from DJ's reign, lack of commitment, weak midfield and shipping to many goals. Thats sorted ( injuries permitting). Malkays building for the long term not just one season. Last seasons squad was poor. DJ never created competition for places and there was no depth. Same old faces regardless of form. We are in a better financial position now than at any time I can remember.
Thank you and good night. :ayatollah:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and lets be fair usually any critisim is directed after a below par performance by someone. Yes we have a great team spirit and Malky is steadying the ship better than anyone imagined, but if say Whittingham's free-kicks are not up to the standard that they were (which they are not) why can't someone say that and debate it on a public Cardiff City related message board?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 pm

I wish posters would get their facts right if they are going to criticise others for having an opinion.

At this stage last season we had kept more clean sheets and conceded less goals so malkay hasnt 'sorted the defence'. There is hardly anything in it a poster put the stats up earlier.

He has given us more fight and a stronger midfield but at the expense of creativity.

But hey, if we compromise and get the results then i cannot grumble.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 pm

We're performing well and much earlier than I expected. One loss in the league is superb as he's just taken the job. It's hard to recall a Cardiff team with such committed players, we've had individuals who have given everything like Phil Dwyer but this lot all seem ready to run themselves into the ground for the club. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 pm

I do find it funny when people say we have spent no money when we paid almost a million for Miller and 750k for Turner. Signing on fees would have been a fair wodge for Conway, Cowie, Gunns, Earnie let alone the wages.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:15 am

polo wrote:I wish posters would get their facts right if they are going to criticise others for having an opinion.

At this stage last season we had kept more clean sheets and conceded less goals so malkay hasnt 'sorted the defence'. There is hardly anything in it a poster put the stats up earlier.

He has given us more fight and a stronger midfield but at the expense of creativity.

We had a good start last season until we hit november. Then we conceded to often and everything went pear shaped. I dont remember much creativity in midfield, just glaring gaps and opponents running through at will.
Malkay is creating a team for now and the future. We will be in the hunt for promotion this season without a doubt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:34 am

At the moment there is only 1 point difference between last season and this season :
pl w d l f a pts
Last season 9 5 2 2 14 7 17
This season 9 4 4 1 12 8 16

Was it Lennie or DJ who said judge me after 10 games , well Malky another good result tomorrow and I would say a very good start has been made !! :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 am

Last season we had more quality, this season we have a greater work ethic. I think I would rather the latter

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:25 am

Last season Malky's team Watford IMO when had their best 11 fit were the best team in the Division and the game when they won 3 - 1 away at QPR live on Sky was 1 of the best I saw last season ....... BUT because Watford had a small squad they suffered big style when it came to suspensions and injuries . No doubting Malky at all :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:44 am

Lets cut out all the bullshit.

How many of us would have preferred us to 'take the game' to West Ham
and lose, rather than defend like a dog protecting a bone for much of the
game and win 1-0.

Thats the benchmark.

Everyone knows we are still a few players light, yet we are 3 points off the
lead having beaten West Ham, Southampton, drawn and beaten Leicester
and thrashed Blackpool who were premiership last year who deserved f**k
all out the game.

We lost to Brighton. It was a bit of a wake up call.

Can anyone tell me how the team have reacted since?? :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 am

taffyapple wrote:Lets cut out all the bullshit.

game and win 1-0.

Thats the benchmark.

all out the game.

You should change your Elvis outfit to a Colonel Gadaffi one because if you cannot stand anyone having a difference of opinion to you.

Re: DOUBTING MALKY

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:26 am

This is not an opinion - THIS IS FACT - Doubting Malky is FECKING MADNESS! get a life.

That is all. :D

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 pm

polo wrote:
You should change your Elvis outfit to a Colonel Gadaffi one because if you cannot stand anyone having a difference of opinion to you.

Strangely enough news agencies are reporting that Colonel Gadaffi is currently hiding away in the Libyan desert dressed as Elvis Presley. ;)

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
polo wrote:

Strangely enough news agencies are reporting that Colonel Gadaffi is currently hiding away in the Libyan desert dressed as Elvis Presley. ;)

:D

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Spot on.

Basics of team that could be together in 5 years time.
Youngsters with promise that believe they will get a game.

No money spent in comparison to last few seasons, and other clubs in this league. Finances getting sorted, hopefully.

Enjoying games again now. Hated last year. apart from Mr Bellamy.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Frankly anyone who is doubtin malky needs their heads checked :ayatollah:

Completely agree.

:ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Malkay has done a tremendous job in a short space of time,and if we continue with the progress and he gets the recognition he deserves bigger clubs will come calling. He has made us proud to support them and made the fans part of his thinking. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:38 am

I'm willing to bet your wages Van Halen,that if City start losing games,your admiral belief in work ethic will go flying out the window.....why am i thinking,you only sing if we are winning

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 pm

polo wrote:I wish posters would get their facts right if they are going to criticise others for having an opinion.

YES AND AT THE END OF THE SEASON WE WERE STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO MORE CREATIVITY AND LESS STEEL AND GRIT GOT US FECKING NO WHERE DID IT...!!! :roll:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 pm

YES AND AT THE END OF LAST SEASON WE WERE STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, SO CREATIVITY, FLAIR AND BIG TIME CHARLIES WHO LACKED ANY STEEL AND GRIT GOT US FECKING NOWHERE DID THEY..!!! :roll:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

oops didn't think the first post had gone through so sorry to repeat myself..MY BAD..!!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 am

polo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Lets cut out all the bullshit.

game and win 1-0.

Thats the benchmark.

all out the game.

Hmmm. You didnt answer the question.

But you still insist on mugging my Son off. The internet really
does conjure up some keyboard warriors does it not.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:33 am

angelis49 wrote:I'm willing to bet your wages Van Halen,that if City start losing games,your admiral belief in work ethic will go flying out the window.....why am i thinking,you only sing if we are winning

Dont agree.

We lost yesterday. We played with a barebone team, I mean we ended up with a centre half playing centre forward. The travelling support gave the team a great send off, I know I was there.

If we lose every game from now on but put in a performance like that, working performance, against the odds we as supporters will continue applauding the team. We might have a dig, will most likely have a dig, at the board for not bringing in new blood etc etc but that is where the buck stops.

We ask that the team and manager put in the effort and if they do then we will applaud regardless what happens.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:37 am

eddiep wrote:i don't know why they do it but they do. Its usually the same people who diss the players too.
I dont know if its cos the expect too much and need a reality check.

Punching above our weight with no stars, WE ARE NOW A TEAM

All i know is i've been loving this team and manager and the feel good thats here- win,lose or draw. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct it feels good watching this team and manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:

YES AND AT THE END OF THE SEASON WE WERE STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO MORE CREATIVITY AND LESS STEEL AND GRIT GOT US FECKING NO WHERE DID IT...!!! :roll:

im not obsessed with getting to the prem tho and want to see entertaining football not scrappt games voidvof chances.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:29 am

I am at a loss why you seem to think that a good team cannot have a vein of steel running through it as well as being very creative,surely both can go hand in hand

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am

angelis49 wrote:I am at a loss why you seem to think that a good team cannot have a vein of steel running through it as well as being very creative,surely both can go hand in hand

Where do I say i didnt think a good team could have both? of course they should thats what makes them a good team but we dont have plenty of both. We have a lot of hard working players but not much creativity.

Even Stevie Wonder can see that.