Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hartson - I hate England, I pray they fail in South Africa.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:05 am

Big John calling it as he sees it.

FRANK LAMPARD is a good mate of mine. John Terry sent me a signed Chelsea shirt when I started my battle with cancer.

Joe Cole I've known since he was a kid. They are three great guys I admire and respect as fantastic players and top professionals.

But here's the thing - I hope they fall flat on their a***s this summer. I can't stand England. Never could. Never will.

As a proud, patriotic Welshman there is nothing I like more than seeing them fail, especially in the World Cup.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepag ... -will.html

Re: Hartson - I hate England, I pray they fail in South Africa.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 am

Proud, patriotic Welshman, but happy to spend most of his professional career playing for English clubs in England accepting money from English companies...

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:21 am

nerd wrote:Proud, patriotic Welshman, but happy to spend most of his professional career playing for English clubs in England accepting money from English companies...

Correct, but then he is a Jack lol

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:47 am

nerd wrote:Proud, patriotic Welshman, but happy to spend most of his professional career playing for English clubs in England accepting money from English companies...

i bet he doesnt say it to his ex team mates lol.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 am

Ninian 72 wrote:

i bet he doesnt say it to his ex team mates lol.

I bet he does. Hartson doesn't give a flying. Jack or not, I think Hartson its a top bloke.

If he was from Cardiff we'd idolise him.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:01 am

I'm with Lawnmower on this one, John is a top bloke and loves his City !

If he was a bluebird he would be worshipped !

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:03 am

The Trooper wrote:I'm with Lawnmower on this one, John is a top bloke and loves his City !

If he was a bluebird he would be worshipped !

Yes I agree I wish he had been a Bluebird as we need players with fire in their bellies and passion for the game and his mhome town.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:30 am

yeah Hartson is such a proud welshman and loves Swansea so much that he never ever played for them and spent all his time in England earning ridiculous money other than his time with celtic

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 am

Why was my post here removed? I given my opinion, and it got removed? With all due respect, I thought this was an open forum? I didn't flame-bait or anything? :) (Just confused; if a mod could let me know why my opinion was removed I'd appreciate it :))

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

joninian1927 wrote:yeah Hartson is such a proud welshman and loves Swansea so much that he never ever played for them and spent all his time in England earning ridiculous money other than his time with celtic

The jacks were 4th division when Hartson was with Arsenal. By the time they got to this level he was all but finished.

I love South Wales, but went to England to study and work. Can't fault the guy for doing the best for himself and his kids.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
joninian1927 wrote:yeah Hartson is such a proud welshman and loves Swansea so much that he never ever played for them and spent all his time in England earning ridiculous money other than his time with celtic

The jacks were 4th division when Hartson was with Arsenal. By the time they got to this level he was all but finished.

I love South Wales, but went to England to study and work. Can't fault the guy for doing the best for himself and his kids.

Exactly.

If someone offers you something you cant refuse you will go. It does not mean you are less patriotic. If fact it could make you even more so.

I left Wales for England because there was nothing going on in my local area, it was dead. I wore the shirt and got called all sorts of names. I always wanted to challenge the rule that why should I suffer being called a sheepshagger when a black man can sue for being called a spade? It doesn't matter now but being away has a strange draw to your homeland.

I dont hate England but feel quite sorry for it. We whinge about the Welsh national team and we all know its down to our small selection of players. Yet England has the opposite, spoilt for choice they are. So why are they not winning anything? If I was English I would be really pissed off with our footballers. I do get amused with some England fans who find solice in taking it out of lettle old Wales though. "At least we qualified" they tell me. "Not that often" I reply.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:16 pm

fair point to be honest he could have played for us he should have looked after himself better, and i believe his chance would have come.but looking back football is irrelevant hes done his badges maybe a job within the club would be suffice.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:33 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:Why was my post here removed? I given my opinion, and it got removed? With all due respect, I thought this was an open forum? I didn't flame-bait or anything? :) (Just confused; if a mod could let me know why my opinion was removed I'd appreciate it :))

There haven't been any posts deleted in this thread as far as I can see. Don't think there has been anything deleted today

What did it say?

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Owain wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:Why was my post here removed? I given my opinion, and it got removed? With all due respect, I thought this was an open forum? I didn't flame-bait or anything? :) (Just confused; if a mod could let me know why my opinion was removed I'd appreciate it :))

There haven't been any posts deleted in this thread as far as I can see. Don't think there has been anything deleted today

What did it say?

That's odd; it was definitely on the thread (even after refreshing etc) then I checked back and it was gone. I just said it was a really silly thing (IMO of course) for him to say since he's played loads for English teams, been paid loads by English teams (etc).

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 am

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Owain wrote:

What did it say?

That's odd; it was definitely on the thread (even after refreshing etc) then I checked back and it was gone. I just said it was a really silly thing (IMO of course) for him to say since he's played loads for English teams, been paid loads by English teams (etc).

Strange, one post has been edited and one removed today ( completely different topic ) No idea how it would have gone :eh:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:09 am

i hope england get knocked straight out

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Owain wrote:Strange, one post has been edited and one removed today ( completely different topic ) No idea how it would have gone :eh:

Hmm, yep is an odd one. Ah well, just one of those things I guess :)

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 am

I think his comments are a tad out of order. My personal opinion is that I don't care how England do in the world cup, I have as much worry for their world cup prospects as much as I worry that Peter and Jordan won't get back together.

John shouldn't have gone and said that to the media, it was never going to make him look good.