Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY STATEMENT RE MEDIA SUN BANNED "

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks CCFC, I'm feeling proud tonight.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

excellent statement from the club....

they have been superb with the way they have handled the press...

makes me PROUD to wear my bluebirds shirt and be a supporter of this club.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:STATEMENT ON TABLOID COVERAGE
Fri 09 Sep 2011

Cardiff City Football Club were disappointed to read articles in three national tabloid newspapers this week whereby we feel insensitive and unfounded connections were drawn from the tragic events at Wembley Stadium on September 6th 2011.

It is our opinion that The Daily Mirror, The Sun and the Daily Mail have acted insensitively towards the memory of Mike Dye at a time when his family are still in the early stages of mourning their loss.

It is also our view that the tabloid attempts to draw tenuous connections of possible clashes between Cardiff City and Swansea City supporters at the Wales v England match come without any direct evidence or basis for doing so, using this as a means to cite 'Rivalry fury'.

This is something that we consider to be extremely disrespectful to both clubs and supporters following many positive steps being taken between both clubs in recent years, specifically in light of the sympathies being shared by both clubs and all supporters over this tragic incident.

The club have taken this matter up with the Press Complaints Commission and will be contacting the tabloids named directly in due course.

It should also be noted that neither the Daily Mirror or the Daily Mail have made direct requests for their employees to attend the match, while we have requested that The Sun withdraw their request to attend due to the sensitivity of the day. This has been agreed.

On Saturday we will pay respects to Mike Dye as outlined and are sure all supporters will play their part. Thank you.

Brilliantly said, well done Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I love my football club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Well done,this makes me really proud that the club stood up to these scumbags :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:57 pm

thank you cardiff for standing up to the scum that call journalists

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:33 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wonderful backing from Cardiff city fc.

Makes me proud.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 pm

top drawer ccfc! Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Well done Cardiff City Football Club and all associated with them.
:salute:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am

Brillian response - well done

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:33 am

Excellent. We are in unison with the club again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:06 pm

well done everyone at the club, professional in our approach and at the same time 100% gauged public opinion at this sad time