Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DEREK MCINNES OFF MY SCOTTISH PAL

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:30 pm

I mentioned that I would find out a little more regarding Derek McInnes' interview with City on another post last week, but my mate who is very good friends with Derek couldn't get in touch with him because he was in Orlando and he's recently been for a few days on the beach...

There's not a huge amount to report on, but I said I would report on anything that come back.....Now he managed to get in touch with him regarding the Cardiff job.

Derek mentioned that he felt the interview went VERY VERY well (VERY OPTIMISTIC), but you just never know what can happen and he is just waiting for Cardiff to get back to him (as of yesterday). He is absolutely desperate for the job and wants a big break outside of the SPL. I asked my Glaswegian mate to sum up Derek - Here goes - Bags of passion, bags of commitment and bags of enthusiasm and Rangers daft....!

I will let you know if I hear any other news.... :ayatollah:

Re: DEREK MCINNES OFF MY SCOTTISH PAL

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:33 pm

From reading that, plus the fact he was a tough tackling, no nonsense centre midfielder in his playing days (surely he will get in centre midfielders of a similar style for us, it's exactly what our team needs), he would be a very good choice. I also think from the little I know of him, he would bring in players with the same passion, character and enthusiasm as himself, which will only be good for our club.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Sounds good boys,he's growing on me,but i said the same when i thought hughton would get it :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 pm

The more I read in to him the more I feel that he deserves a chance. A hard tackling jock they take no sh*t from anyone!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 pm

He's definitely growing on me......Now I'm hoping he gets the job......!!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 pm

I forgot to mention, nothing exciting....Derek's best pal in the football circles is Owen Coyle..!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 pm

personally i dont want an untested manager in the championship from a small scottish club like st johnstone ....and not having a go at the poster but who cares if hes rangers daft ....cant stand the club myself.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 pm

It was all good..........until the Rangers daft bit.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 pm

I reckon the malaysians want a 'name' to help sell the brand. I would however, welcome any new manager :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I think we should give the man a chance - Scottish managers are so hot at the moment....I have to say, not taking anything away from Chris Hughton or Di Matteo, but they won promotion at Newcastle and WBA with very strong squads and out of a very poor division that year.

I wanted to add that he's Rangers daft because I simply hate Celtic, end of!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Owen Coyle's opinion on McInnes here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KryvOsTdBVg

High praise indeed! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:09 pm

he cant be that good ,i mean they only finished 8th !!!!....in the crappy scottish league...if he,d have got a small club challenging the top 2 spots fair enough ,but i think it be wrong to appoint an untested manger at championship level....whover comes in needs some big wins quick cos if we dont get 10-11 wins from our first 15 the fans will want him out.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:16 pm

in his defence he does know the champ inside out having captained wba to promotion.and managed at a higher level than owen coyle before he went to burnley.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 pm

d20 wrote:he cant be that good ,i mean they only finished 8th !!!!....in the crappy scottish league...if he,d have got a small club challenging the top 2 spots fair enough ,but i think it be wrong to appoint an untested manger at championship level....whover comes in needs some big wins quick cos if we dont get 10-11 wins from our first 15 the fans will want him out.

certain managers tick with certain clubs
rodgers did f**k all at reading then takes the gypos up
i think none of us will truelly know how good a potential manager is until we are deep into the season
we could appoint robins and it could be a masterstroke, on the otherhand, we could get o niell and it could be a disaster
time will tell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:30 pm

to be honest im fed up of waiting now ...the sooner the better so whoever he is can start getting some frigging players in.!!!...

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Sounds like a good guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0UoYci ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9Dioks ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whbx0CeV ... ure=relmfu