Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was I sacked or did i resign ? or just stitched up?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:03 pm

STATEMENT RE COWBRIDGE TOWN FC.

As some Managers and parents may be aware, recently received was an email from the Chairman of the football Club announcing the forth coming AGM on June 22 inviting persons to put themselves forward for election to any of the current positions on the Executive Committee.

Personally I wrote and sent documentation to the Chairman and Committee requesting and applying for a new position to be created that of Director of Football within the Club solely on the basis to benefit the Club itself and put forward my name for the position. Many reasons were stated in my documentation to the reasons why of which are available on request.

I received an email from the current Chairman stating that this was not possible due to the constitution of the Club.

In the event I then put myself forward for election as Chairman instead to go before what should have been a democratic procedure at the AGM by way of vote.

What proceeded there after was the actions of a corrupt Committee more suited to the policies of Fidel Castro.

I was requested by the Chairman by email to put forward a proposer and a seconder. Whilst at the same time by way of telecon with the Club Secretary I was informed this was not the case as long as they attended the AGM.

I stated this difference of opinion to both parties and the Chairman Rhys Williams came back with another email stating an article of the Club rules and regulations.

By this time I had plenty of persons who wished to propose and second and I Informed the Club Chairman that I would select from the list and present as requested.

I also received another email from Rhys Williams cancelling a meeting he had requested that evening at Bar 44 in regard to next season’s U13 A Team which as you may be aware I have managed last season following on from the merge from mini football and my mini team. A team that was superb throughout the season and finished the highest of all the Cowbridge teams challenging at most stages for the title. The reason for the cancellation was as I was standing for election and was not appropriate. I wrote back and stated that nothing the proposed meeting had anything to do with the forth-coming election and could still take place.

This was declined too.

Feeling there was something afoot I then decided to put forward a single name to start with as Proposer to gauge reaction, My proposer was Senior team Manager John Westwood. As soon as I emailed the name, the Club Secretary rang John’s partner Miranda who is also on the Executive Committee to state that he would resign from position in support of Rhys Williams, thus placing John Westwood in an awkward position feeling the Club needed Paley as Club Secretary something of my same sentiments at the time.

What was most disturbing of all though was the fact that Paley in numerous telephone conversations had stated that he would resign if I won election. An obvious thing to state in my opinion, and in my opinion was used as a tactic to pervert the course of justice and democratic voting rights.

I was also informed by Paley in telephone conversation that the Executive Committee wished to change the constitution and voting rights, barring all players and parents from voting!

Due to all the above action I then decided if this was how corrupt it all was and considering this is supposed to be a local football Club mainly for Children to learn and play football, then I would withdrawal firstly my application of which I did so by email and stating that I would have nothing more to do with the Committee and just concentrate on my own team of players within the Club.

At 7-50 PM I receive a phone call from a Senior team player to inform me that Williams, Paley, Bob Murphy of the executive Committee along with Rob Smith are in a Cow bridge Public house – holding a meeting with my name being the main topic of conversation.

At 8.29. I receive the following unknown text message

“ Steve after reading all emails, I have put my name forward to coach next years U13 team. Not really happy with losing a number of players and nature of emails that have been sent. If you have a problem let me know privately and not a round robin email “

To which I replied “ who is this?”

As I did not receive a reply, I rang the number to discover it was Rob Smith.

I informed Rob Smith, knowing that his position was sat with Williams, Paley and Murphy that as long as it did not affect my son who plays for Cowbridge and the Welsh Super Cup that I have paid £400 personally for the team to enter in July, he was more than welcome to it. We agreed also this would not affect his son at the Welsh Super Cup either.

At that point apart from the Welsh Super Cup, I decided to end my association with Cowbridge Town Football Club.

I rang Paley to inform him (of course we all know where he was!) And of course he decided to decline both telephone call and invitation to return call. As for Williams of course until now there has been no communication since.

Williams though in my opinion is as under handed as they come and his recent actions only highlight this in my opinion. A Chairman who in my opinion just loves the title, knows nothing about football, has no interest apart from the side his son plays in and does nothing much of benefit to the Club. Clearly shown by his lack of attendance at any Senior game all last season – in fact the only time he was seen on a Saturday Afternoon in the Clubhouse was to watch the Rugby!

As a person who can not tolerate, sly dealings, back stabbing and biting, two faced actions and persons with no substance and under handiness , something I was warned was a Cowbridge trait ! I’m now relieved to be apart from it and look forward to continuing in Junior football without the added nonsense I have had to endure of late , some of you will no doubt now rejoice I’m sure.

To the players and parents who have supported and played for me since my time at Cowbridge Town Football Club, I would like to say a big thank you for all the fun times, great trips and some great footballing moments and I hope those players take what they have been taught into the future and I wish you all well for the future.

Regards the Welsh Super Cup ( a privately funded event) to those players attending – lets go and have a final week of fun and enjoyment!

Re: Was I sacked or did i resign ? or just stitched up?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Too complicated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think calling them like Fidel Castro was the final straw ..... back stabbers nothing worse !!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm confused...

There's no mention of Sam.

What you up to now Steve?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:I'm confused...

There's no mention of Sam.

What you up to now Steve?

feel like Sam with Riddler stood behind with a carving knife !!!

Snooty bastards down Cowbridge - fck em :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:Steve, Unfortunately thats what happens when theres too many people involved in controlling a football club. Both you and Annis had it up in Merthyr and now you are having it at Cowbridge.

The problem is too many people want to run a football club and they haven't got two pennies to rub together!!!! Then the only people who lose out are the supporters and in your new case the parents and children too :ayatollah:

yea i know mate - this idiot is the ponsy banking type - just loves the title of Chairman on the end of his email and knows fck all about football - and does fck all for the Club either !!! tosser mate , sly little shit whos gonna get a bunch of fives shortly !! :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Daya wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Steve, Unfortunately thats what happens when theres too many people involved in controlling a football club. Both you and Annis had it up in Merthyr and now you are having it at Cowbridge.

The problem is too many people want to run a football club and they haven't got two pennies to rub together!!!! Then the only people who lose out are the supporters and in your new case the parents and children too :ayatollah:

yea i know mate - this idiot is the ponsy banking type - just loves the title of Chairman on the end of his email and knows fck all about football - and does fck all for the Club either !!! tosser mate , sly little shit whos gonna get a bunch of fives shortly !! :lol: :lol:

Another prime example of why club shouldn't be owned but a mass of people!!!

run by a liitle click of cocks !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Daya wrote:

I know rhys williams , great bloke

dont know anything about this matter though but you dont want to be going round threatening him I can tell you that now

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Sludge wrote:
Daya wrote:

I know rhys williams , great bloke

dont know anything about this matter though but you dont want to be going round threatening him I can tell you that now

hes a total prat. But i knew if i posted you would respond otherwise .

you can tell me what about that wimp?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

hes a nice bloke , was in school with him

sounds like your nose has been put out of joint

best leave it there eh

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Sludge wrote:hes a nice bloke , was in school with him

best leave it there eh

hes a tosser , back stabber and more faces than Big Ben. His nose will be out of joint ! :lol:

its a forum of opinions - thats mine ! yes i know u were in school with him - u have told me 50 times!! Remidal together?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Daya wrote:
Sludge wrote:hes a nice bloke , was in school with him

best leave it there eh

hes a tosser , back stabber and more faces than Big Ben. His nose will be out of joint ! :lol:

its a forum of opinions - thats mine ! yes i know u were in school with him - u have told me 50 times!! Remidal together?

you mean remedial ?

remidal is a drug isnt it ?

:lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:58 pm

they taught you spell check in there then !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:36 am

Daya wrote:they taught you spell check in there then !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your signature Steve. Does it relate in anyway to Michael Jackson's best friend?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate, just passing the time

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 am

There's no place for this on the CCFC message board. Please take your thread to the Cowbridge FC forum, there's a good lad.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 am

I can answer the question you asked in the thread title with another question... why should I or anyone else who posts on here care?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 am

Sorry to say thats kids football and it gets worse if i had to start again it would be my own club.
See you in July in the super cup. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 am

Great Idea by someone Steve, ...get involved with Barry Town.

They need a bit of cash and support....and they need it quick. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpGsOeJIYU

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Don't resign instead start your own July 26th Movement ;)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 am

I just tried reading that with a hangover, I'll try again later :?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 am

wdb2721 wrote:I just tried reading that with a hangover, I'll try again later :?

Don't bother :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 am

DaveSheffield wrote:I can answer the question you asked in the thread title with another question... why should I or anyone else who posts on here care?

Dave you just snipe . You will go one snipe too much one day.

Clearly by others /mates responses they do care and the PM and calls back that up . Now do one Dave.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 am

birchblue wrote:Sorry to say thats kids football and it gets worse if i had to start again it would be my own club.

Birch your right there mate. I popped into to see you last Friday night was it your night off?

They wonder why the standard of senior and National football in Wales is the way it is!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 am

ffs wrote:There's no place for this on the CCFC message board. Please take your thread to the Cowbridge FC forum, there's a good lad.

Hey matey - this is a forum where i come to chat with my mates - so thanks for your comments but piss off you newbie back to ccmb!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 am

Daya wrote:
birchblue wrote:Sorry to say thats kids football and it gets worse if i had to start again it would be my own club.

Birch your right there mate. I popped into to see you last Friday night was it your night off?

They wonder why the standard of senior and National football in Wales is the way it is!

Yes don't do fridays looking forward to July should be a great couple of days. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 am

birchblue wrote:
Daya wrote:

Yes don't do fridays looking forward to July should be a great couple of days. :ayatollah:

Yes mate be great time - amazing you dont do Fridays considering :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 am

barry boy wrote:Great Idea by someone Steve, ...get involved with Barry Town.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Aint that Lovelace a fruit cake?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am

Daya wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:I can answer the question you asked in the thread title with another question... why should I or anyone else who posts on here care?

Dave you just snipe . You will go one snipe too much one day.

Is that a threat?

Clearly by others /mates responses they do care and the PM and calls back that up . Now do one Dave.

Perhaps PM and the telephones are the appropriate forum rather than a messageboard for Cardiff City fans.

And if you could tell me where I've sniped today I may well retract it.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am

Daya wrote:

Fruitcake is a fair description of him. But he has to leave one day........just don't know when.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:40 am

barry boy wrote:
Daya wrote:

Fruitcake is a fair description of him. But he has to leave one day........just don't know when.

Trouble is he will want to walk away with a stash of cash , when in truth the majority of football clubs should be happy to have a funder as they certainly dont make money !!!

I see hes asking for £125,000 - what do you actually get for that ?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 am

Daya wrote:
ffs wrote:There's no place for this on the CCFC message board. Please take your thread to the Cowbridge FC forum, there's a good lad.

Hey matey - this is a forum where i come to chat with my mates - so thanks for your comments but piss off you newbie back to ccmb!

Piss off yourself you nob! Here's one for you : ask your 'mate's for their email addresses then you can discuss your pointless stories in private! Welcome to the technologies of the 21st century :old:

Please check joining dates before calling someone a 'newbie', you newbie clown ;)