Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I CAN CONFIRM CRAIG BELLAMY "

Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

shadwellblue wrote:I would urge a bit of caution here.

Bellamy is a firebrand which I love on the pitch.

However, managing a squad of players is like managing a staff in business. They all have different management needs and need to be handled in an individual way to get the best out of them. I'm not sure Craig has more than one way of getting his point across to people. I suspect Roy Keane suffers the same issue. Great players often make bad managers.

I agree with that, I also believe it is too difficult to be a player manager/coach, you need to be one or the other. In other occupations maybe but in football, you can't be one of the boys one minute then tell them off the next, and when you were on the pitch it would cause problems.

Very bad idea IMO.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Bellers & Wilkins could be a good pairing, Wilkins in an old head with lots of experience and gets respect from players.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I CAN CONFIRM CRAIG BELLAMY "

Has been offered by the Cardiff City Board a Player/Coach job Next Season. If a deal can be sorted with Man City Craig will Stay on.
Craig has one exam left and that will give him his Full coaching Badge thats needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

After we had our chat about this yesterday Annis,the only thing i will add to this is that Man CITY have named their price,but as always i have not posted that,untill yoursleve or Carl do the "checking up".

For me i would try and get the same deal with Man City next season,as we did this with Bellers.
Get Bellers to get his 1 or 2 badges he needs.After next season he is a free agent,and is ready to start what ever role at Cardiff.

There is NO WAY as posted above by 1 or 2 that Bellers will be in the 25 man squad under Manchni imo.

Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Has been offered by the Cardiff City Board a Player/Coach job Next Season. If a deal can be sorted with Man City Craig will Stay on.
Craig has one exam left and that will give him his Full coaching Badge thats needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Craig with DJ and I'm happy!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Great news. :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 11:32 pm

It's blowing my mind that some think a dj bellamy team is the answer!!! DJ is toast, deal with it and rejoice! We have our football club back! For me the dream ticket is Sam as director of football bring back energy, passion and or, Martin oneill as manager with Bellers as his assistant! May not be likely but that would electrify the place!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 am

Radio Wales saying this morning that Man C may be prepared to drop or reduce the transfer fee to allow him to move on in the summer , watch this space I guess ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

After we had our chat about this yesterday Annis,the only thing i will add to this is that Man CITY have named their price,but as always i have not posted that,untill yoursleve or Carl do the "checking up".

For me i would try and get the same deal with Man City next season,as we did this with Bellers.
Get Bellers to get his 1 or 2 badges he needs.After next season he is a free agent,and is ready to start what ever role at Cardiff.

There is NO WAY as posted above by 1 or 2 that Bellers will be in the 25 man squad under Manchni imo.

Tony, yes you did tell me and they want a lot of money, hmm

Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 am

Zabier wrote:That's great news. Any idea who proposed this decision Annis?

steve borley!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 am

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to lose at Reading, the club needs a kick up the arse.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 am

If we pull this one off it would be amazing fingers crossed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to lose at Reading, the club needs a kick up the arse.

I'm looking forward to next season in the Championship with DJ gone more than
I would have been looking forward to it had we gone up and DJ stayed. His arrogance
would have reached new highs, he would have been unbearable.

Craig Bellamy is a PERFECT example for anyone interested in football. Even when he
was a young lad at Norwich he used to fly out to Seria A games to see how the other
leagues played the game. he's a true student of football. I think we'd all be pleasantly
surprised on how respectful he would be working alongside a manager with experience.
He loves the game, he would look, listen and learn as a coach, and the players would
absolutely love training sessions with him.

Martin O'Neill please!!

Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 pm

im not sure about this.
very good offer and i would love to see it happen BUT
i'm not sure if i would like a proven manager. hard decision.
good to see the board coming up with great ideas like this. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:20 pm

I think your all getting ahead of yourself, Craig needs to gain experience first, does Craig have the skills to manage people? not at this particular time, we all love his desire, enthusiasm and passion, but it takes a lot more than that to make it in the managment of a football team.

He has also burned a few bridges in his time has a player, which would not help his cause when trying to get players to play for him, they would need to buy into his phylosophy and I think they would need to have a thick skin as well, because he says it as it is, not a lot of people would like to go to work if they were constantly told how to do their job, try putting yourself in that position in your current employment.

Thu May 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Maesteg bluebirds wrote:I think your all getting ahead of yourself, Craig needs to gain experience first, does Craig have the skills to manage people? not at this particular time, we all love his desire, enthusiasm and passion, but it takes a lot more than that to make it in the managment of a football team.

He has also burned a few bridges in his time has a player, which would not help his cause when trying to get players to play for him, they would need to buy into his phylosophy and I think they would need to have a thick skin as well, because he says it as it is, not a lot of people would like to go to work if they were constantly told how to do their job, try putting yourself in that position in your current employment.

i think it is more of an attraction for potential signings if we had someone like martin o'neil, hughton etc but the motivation that craig would bring to the squad would be amazing. i think he would do a good job but your points do pose a few questions about singing bellamy as manager.

Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Coach is different to manager.

Some saying he'l be our next manager, he wont.

He'l be playing on the pitch (where we need him most) but getting experience of coaching and coaching badges off it. It seems a good scenario.

Will also get Bellamy a bit more of a say upstairs at the club too. Could be good!

Thu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Really we just want him as an attacking player next season and a captain I dont think he should be involved in training just yet .

I'd love to see us go for a more dynamic explosive approach next season , a few young players we need pace through the midfield and mentality, we want players who aren't goin to bottle it.

i.e whittingham

Thu May 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I think it would be great if Bellers stays on. A good pre season and he will start the season flying :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Just had a gander at people he played under at Norwich:
Gary Megson
Bruce Rioch
Bryan Hamilton

Now Megsons in charge at the Owls and I don't know who the other two are...

But here's something, a few months before he made his debut, presumably as he was coming through the youth, guess who the Norwich manager was?

Yep, only Martin O'Neill. :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 pm

IMO if we are to challenge for promotion next season we need bellers to stay and we need an excellent new manager in who is good at man-management, tactics, likeable person and passionate. :ayatollah: