Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I CAN CONFIRM CRAIG BELLAMY "

Wed May 18, 2011 6:35 pm

:ayatollah: We hope Bellamy would get the support from the Board - great news.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Fantastic news :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Surely if Bellamy was player coach they'd get in a director of football instead of manager. Can't imagine Bellamy would go for the job if he wasn't going to be the guy in charge on a matchday.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:40 pm

bspark wrote:Surely if Bellamy was player coach they'd get in a director of football instead of manager. Can't imagine Bellamy would go for the job if he wasn't going to be the guy in charge on a matchday.

Pretty much what I was getting at, player coach would be great, player/manager would be awesome.

Plus, what we haven't considered yet is how many contacts Craig would have - hopefully he could persuade some real quality to join us?

Wed May 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Brilliant news! No reason why Man City would want to keep him now there in CL, Thanks for the good news after yesterdays piss poor performance! :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Things have obviously changed if he is taking his coaching badges, but I read an interview with him not so long ago stating that he didn't want to stay involved in senior football when he finishes playing.

He said coaching at junior level was something that interested him and that he wanted to give something back to welsh football but he wasn't interested in professional coaching.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:52 pm

great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:54 pm

TH63 wrote:
bspark wrote:Surely if Bellamy was player coach they'd get in a director of football instead of manager. Can't imagine Bellamy would go for the job if he wasn't going to be the guy in charge on a matchday.

Pretty much what I was getting at, player coach would be great, player/manager would be awesome.

Plus, what we haven't considered yet is how many contacts Craig would have - hopefully he could persuade some real quality to join us?

My thoughts exactly. Craig would have met a good few players who have got on with him and who Craig admires due to their work rate and the effort they put in. Lets just hope he can convince them to come down here, if this is true, and be apart of the plan.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Man City will be buying everyone and their dog this summer, can't see him getting in there 25 man squad again. So I guess a deal will be done.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:01 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" I CAN CONFIRM CRAIG BELLAMY "

Has been offered by the Cardiff City Board a Player/Coach job Next Season. If a deal can be sorted with Man City Craig will Stay on.
Craig has one exam left and that will give him his Full coaching Badge thats needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what about john toshack as manager bellers as coach ?done well everywhere in club managment wales he just didnt have the players

No thanks that clown fucked us over years ago !!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 pm

DJ and Bellamy are close neighbours - surely the perfect combination to take the team forward?

Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 pm

bluebird58 wrote:DJ and Bellamy are close neighbours - surely the perfect combination to take the team forward?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Give it up ,Jones is history

Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:i hope that wont put of some potential candidates for the managers job as they usually wont to bring in thier own assistants/coaches :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very True, I never thought of that hmm

Annis two things, that come to mind, one I believe the board allready have someone lined up and Craig has been told who it is, and two Craig is in the last year of his contract at Man City, so do they pay him £90k a week for a year, while he sits in the stand and leaves for free at the end, or pay him £70k a week and let us pay him £20k and we play him, or cancel his contract,and save themselves £4.6m pounds, no brainer really
Last edited by Igovernor on Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

this could be good ,think about it ....i know hes a rookie in this thing but craig will get someone in who he trusts to run the line etc in games ....and in the games he doesnt play ...can you imagine him on the line ....if any of the players aint playing well...boy will he give them a bollocking and yank em off.....the boy has passion and thats what the city fans want to see.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Didn't Martin O'Neill sign Bellers at Celtic? ;)

Wed May 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Bellamy coach with Jones as Director of football. You may find that the Malaysians have more respect for Jones than the fans do.

no abuse please - its just a suggestion!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Bellamy coach with Jones as Director of football. You may find that the Malaysians have more respect for Jones than the fans do.

You could be right. Not sure if I'd want to see that either tbh.

I think it's time for a change at the top and think that DJ, as manager of the club, at least, has taken us as far as he can.

However the abuse hurled his way on both boards is a disgrace. He has given us some exciting times but for CCFC and himself it's time to split.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:37 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Bellamy coach with Jones as Director of football. You may find that the Malaysians have more respect for Jones than the fans do.

You could be right. Not sure if I'd want to see that either tbh.

I think it's time for a change at the top and think that DJ, as manager of the club, at least, has taken us as far as he can.

However the abuse hurled his way on both boards is a disgrace. He has given us some exciting times but for CCFC and himself it's time to split.

Fair comment - I was just trying to point out that the departure of DJ is not the foregone conclusion that some people think, although perhaps the idea I stated of 50/50 he stays is a bit ambitious - 40/60 stays/goes may be more accurate.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

So Annis when are the chats with Man City scheduled - Mancini and the board must be on cloud 9 at the moment - we should get in quickly while they are celebrating their seasons successes - FA Cup wins, 3rd place finishes, Tevez staying.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

id love to see bellamy here for the rest of his career. true bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:i hope that wont put of some potential candidates for the managers job as they usually wont to bring in thier own assistants/coaches :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very True, I never thought of that hmm

Annis two things, that come to mind, one I believe the board allready have someone lined up and Craig has been told who it is, and two Craig is in the last year of his contract at Man City, so do they pay him £90k a week for a year, while he sits in the stand and leaves for free at the end, or pay him £70k a week and let us pay him £20k and we play him, or cancel his contract,and save themselves £4.6m pounds, no brainer really

I actually believe your right and CB knows who the future manager could be, as to how the Man City' situation is sorted we can only wait and see, but a good theory :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:08 pm

I think a lot of people are getting carried away here. Even if this does happen there is no proof that Bellamy will be a good coach or manager. I hope you are right and I am proved wrong but the last thing we all want is to be calling for Bellamy to be sacked when it all goes tits up. As for Terry Burton working alongside Bellamy, if Dave Jones should go then surely Burton should go as well. I have always said be careful what you wish for. A lot of people will only appreciate what a good job Dave Jones has done after he has gone and we end up with about 4 or 5 different managers in the next 5 to 10 years. I just fear appointing Bellamy or Bellamy and Burton together as the first of what will turn out to be poor manager/coach and in 12-18 months time we will be looking for a new manager again and the start of years of chopping and changing managers (and possibly in the lower divisions again). Like I said I really hope I am proved to be wrong. Time will tell.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:22 pm

[/quote]

I actually believe your right and CB knows who the future manager could be, as to how the Man City' situation is sorted we can only wait and see, but a good theory :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I maybe reading too much into this but Bellamy did play under (and loved playing for) Martin O'neill at Celtic - probably a total longshot but I would love it to happen.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:I think a lot of people are getting carried away here. Even if this does happen there is no proof that Bellamy will be a good coach or manager. I hope you are right and I am proved wrong but the last thing we all want is to be calling for Bellamy to be sacked when it all goes tits up. As for Terry Burton working alongside Bellamy, if Dave Jones should go then surely Burton should go as well. I have always said be careful what you wish for. A lot of people will only appreciate what a good job Dave Jones has done after he has gone and we end up with about 4 or 5 different managers in the next 5 to 10 years. I just fear appointing Bellamy or Bellamy and Burton together as the first of what will turn out to be poor manager/coach and in 12-18 months time we will be looking for a new manager again and the start of years of chopping and changing managers (and possibly in the lower divisions again). Like I said I really hope I am proved to be wrong. Time will tell.

Why should Burton go?

Was Hughton fired when Keegan got the boot at Newcastle?

Wed May 18, 2011 8:52 pm

i hope this deal can be done and what fantastic news to read after the poor performance this has got me thinking that next year could possably be a good year :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:11 pm

brilliant news,any manager can only do so much, a policy man utd senior players seem to adopt,there has to be a be sense of manmanagement and responsibility among the players in the dressing room without being told to do so by the hirearchy. forget all these loan players and instill some pride into playing for the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Neil Lennon take over managerial duties with Bellamy as his player/coach. Don't forget these 2 played together at Celtic. Neil Lennon was at last nights play off and is sure to leave Celtic after the recent death threats etc. Bellamy was also close to signing for Celtic until Cardiff moved in at the beginning of this season.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 pm

biggy wrote:brilliant news,any manager can only do so much, a policy man utd senior players seem to adopt,there has to be a be sense of manmanagement and responsibility among the players in the dressing room without being told to do so by the hirearchy. forget all these loan players and instill some pride into playing for the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

self management i meant :mrgreen:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm

nerd wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:I think a lot of people are getting carried away here. Even if this does happen there is no proof that Bellamy will be a good coach or manager. I hope you are right and I am proved wrong but the last thing we all want is to be calling for Bellamy to be sacked when it all goes tits up. As for Terry Burton working alongside Bellamy, if Dave Jones should go then surely Burton should go as well. I have always said be careful what you wish for. A lot of people will only appreciate what a good job Dave Jones has done after he has gone and we end up with about 4 or 5 different managers in the next 5 to 10 years. I just fear appointing Bellamy or Bellamy and Burton together as the first of what will turn out to be poor manager/coach and in 12-18 months time we will be looking for a new manager again and the start of years of chopping and changing managers (and possibly in the lower divisions again). Like I said I really hope I am proved to be wrong. Time will tell.

Why should Burton go?

Was Hughton fired when Keegan got the boot at Newcastle?

I may be wrong but I think Keegan quit and didn't get the boot so there is a big difference.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm

i would love to be a fly on the dressing room wall at the half time team talk with Neil Lennon and bellars going off on one :lol: