Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JOE LEDLEY

Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 am

bluebirdbaz wrote::lol: ouch that hurt, :old:
f**k i am bored sensless its pissing down we have no footie, and my grandkids are running amock, might sign up to planet gypos and have a wind up on there :lol:

F1 grand prix Qualifying on now...... 20 mins.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:41 am

Merlin wrote:
f**k i am bored sensless its pissing down we have no footie, and my grandkids are running amock, might sign up to planet gypos and have a wind up on there :lol:

i would rather eat a bowl of rotten radishes and watch that boring shit :D what side is it on ;)

get on ch 242 now, italian carp :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Merlin wrote:

i would rather eat a bowl of rotten radishes and watch that boring shit :D what side is it on ;)

get on ch 242 now, italian carp :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We're just abusing my (probably one of the best! ;) ) Joe Ledley thread now arent we??

Sat May 29, 2010 9:44 am

its the only way to keep it up on top :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:51 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:its the only way to keep it up on top :lol:

I suppose it shows I always supported Joe whatever happened. And will always continue to do so - where ever he goes. :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:57 pm

*BUMP* *BUMP* FOUND IT FOR YOU :)

Sat May 29, 2010 9:21 pm

hughesygirl wrote:*BUMP* *BUMP* FOUND IT FOR YOU :)

Really - AGAIN! I thought Baz done it this morning!!! have you seen the date of the 1st post on the thread..... I had to be careful what i bumped!! HA HA! :lol: although, like i said - always true to my word! :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Merlin wrote:

Really - AGAIN! I thought Baz done it this morning!!! have you seen the date of the 1st post on the thread..... I had to be careful what i bumped!! HA HA! :lol: although, like i said - always true to my word! :ayatollah:

Thats why we needed to get it back on the 1st page .......people might just forget all about it seen as it was a long time ago :lol: :lol:
Well it wasnt on the 1st page so i thought i would Bump it for you ....hope you dont mind :D :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:27 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Thats why we needed to get it back on the 1st page .......people might just forget all about it seen as it was a long time ago :lol: :lol:
Well it wasnt on the 1st page so i thought i would Bump it for you ....hope you dont mind :D :ayatollah:

Its not really that important to keep bumping - the main reason i did it was in response to some one posting something about Joe, and i just wanted to reiterate my long lasting loyalty towards one of my favourite players.....

but yeah, it's nice to refresh things now and again - it provides a good read from some one of my extreme age! :old: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Posted a long time ago, but still a favourite of my threads! :)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Merlin wrote:Posted a long time ago, but still a favourite of my threads! :)

SADDO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 pm

hughesygirl wrote:

Love the avatar HG! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Merlin wrote:I would just like to say i find it absolutely disgusting in which the way that large sections of OUR own fans have treated Joe over the past year or so. An established professional footballer who's been at our club since 9 yrs old, working hard to get to where he is today. Since Joe made his first appearance in the senoir team you could tell we had gained a great home grown asset, who plays from the heart, and shows shear grit, determination and pride when gracing the pitch in front of both home and away support. Joe has been one of my favourite players at Cardiff City, and i hope he remains to be one for the long term future.

Footballers have their ups and downs through out their careers and as we are all aware, Joe has recently been through a bad patch himself which he's quite happy to admit. Now, obviously there is the ongoing saga of his contract negotiations, and the fact that he needs two hip operations that have not helped him on or off the field. Im not trying to emphasise these issues as a means of an excuse to his current form, but we all know and understand that these inevitable situations arise and have to be dealt with. I also understand that Joe has re-opened contract negotiations and i certainly hope all parties come to agree a mutual deal as i would be devastated if Joe was to leave our home club - Cardiff City FC.

Regarding contract issues, A footballers career is shortlived, and i'm pretty sure if you put yourself in Joe's shoes you will understand that looking after yourself throughout this short career will be a main priority financially. I mean in what other profession would you be retiring at the age of around 35-40? not many.... admmitedly, footballers wages and bonuses are certainly starting to spiral out of control at higher levels, but in reality they don't earn this kind of wage for 40 yrs of their lives...

Coming underfire from a large majority of the Cardiff fans, Joe has found it hard to settle back in to the team over the past few months, especially after having such a great spell as captain, and reminding you all of the faultless spell of team performances whilst he stood in charge for a period of time, keeping McPhail out of the team and also gaining a top result for us with a 0-0 draw against Arsenal as one of the many games he held captaincy.

Recently, Joe has really started to pick up his performances and started to get stuck in again, his last few games have seen him working alot harder, and his former self from matches gone by, is starting to reappear. Keep up the hard work Joe, good luck with the Hip operations, and when you return i'm sure you'll get right back on your game and the crowd will be behind you.

Respected by all members of the team, and club for that matter, as well as being a fans favourite for so many seasons, Joe, in my opinion would be a great loss to our club, and i sincerely hope we all regroup and support one of the heroes of our team, the player that scored that special goal to take us to the FA Cup final, and a role model to so many young footballers across the parks of south wales.

Im behind you Joe, with my little pick and shovel.... :ayatollah:

agree 100% :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
hughesygirl wrote:

Love the avatar HG! :ayatollah:

Thanks uncle fester i aim to please ;) :lol: :lol: