Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:53 pm

The players were called in this am and not giving the day off. They were made to watch a video nasty, yesterdays game. Dave Jones had a right go at the players, but they in turn blamed him and all hell broke loose. He has def lost the dressing room, the players blamed him and his so called tactics, DJ had to back down.

Re: GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:57 pm

If so then he's lost all authority and needs to step down.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:38 pm

well if thats true, then he simply has to go
but we all know what ridsdale is like he just simply will not sack him ! :evil:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:44 pm

He'll have to walk if the fans turn up the heat. All it will take is a gutless defeat vs Preston/Mboro/WBA and we'll get organised and get him out. :x

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:49 pm

IF EVERYONE WANTS HIM TO LEAVE then its us that need to turn up the heatm not sit on a keyboiard asking him to leave!!

GET BANNERS AND POSTERS ETC, protests inside the ground and outside, before and after the game! and by the sounds of it durning the game, because the players dont like him so all the demo's will spur the team on even more if they all know we want him out too LOL :lol:

stand up, be counted! take your fingers off the keyboard and do somthing about it!!

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I've got the perfect position (corner) forward of my seat to hang a huge JONES OUT banner but

1. Would I get it past the stewards, and
2. Would the Jones brigade just steam in as soon as it's hung?

Perhaps I'll see how Saturday goes before getting my paint brush out.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Blimey, is PR aware of this bust up Annis?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Most of these so called players are simply on to much f*cking dough

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:25 pm

hailesy wrote:Blimey, is PR aware of this bust up Annis?

I think so.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Ask him about it tonight then I guess?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The players were called in this am and not giving the day off. They were made to watch a video nasty, yesterdays game. Dave Jones had a right go at the players, but they in turn blamed him and all hell broke loose. He has def lost the dressing room, the players blamed him and his so called tactics, DJ had to back down.

Sorry mate, I cannot believe it's as simple as that. the team can't put in performances like they did against Derby, sheff Utd and Watford and then when things aren't going right over 3 games, they have all turned on DJ and won't play for him!

DJ is a decent manager at this level. We need to be looking at what's happening behind the scenes, he ain't being given money to bring in 4-5 players which we are in dyer need of. He has turned it around in the past big style, when many were saying he had lost the dressing room after Charlton, he went and got the team to the FA cup final. I don't think we can fairly judge him at this current time. For fecks sake his poor signings are costing 100s of thousands, not millions! which in the scheme of things is'nt that bad, they are not completely useless, just average players, who would probably do a job for other teamns in this division. Look at the players that Billy Davies is signing at Forest, almost every week he is able to bring in a quality player, yet thay are only at our level. Lets be realistic about this, if we had 4-5 decent players to compliment those that we have, then I reckon DJ would have us in the top 2. However much you dislike him, that isn't his fault, its PMG and Ridsdale for not providing the funding.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The players were called in this am and not giving the day off. They were made to watch a video nasty, yesterdays game. Dave Jones had a right go at the players, but they in turn blamed him and all hell broke loose. He has def lost the dressing room, the players blamed him and his so called tactics, DJ had to back down.

That's the best news I've heard today, hopefully it's the start of him being given his P45

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm

that explains the lack of fight and team spirit ,i've allways backed dj but i think it's time for change now, freshen things up the dressing obviously needs a shack up.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 am

I would imagine stuff like this goes on in almost every dressing room in the country every now and then. Even Manu have had their problems in the past with Fergie, sending a boot flying into Beckham, and Keane having to be held back.

It's what they do on Saturday that matters now, lets hope they respond, Preston cost us the Playoffs !!!!

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:36 am

Blaming DJ on the tactics. Well he had ot backdown on that as he played a disable (Ledley needing a hip op) in our already weak midfield. Not good tactics that in my books.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 am

JonesMustGo wrote:

That's the best news I've heard today, hopefully it's the start of him being given his P45

I think that he will survive the season and only the threat of relegation is likely to change that. In addition, I assume that there would also be a substantial cost for removing him if it ever came to that this season.

Two/three good victories and the heat will be off him, including from most fans. We're a fickle bunch.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:10 am

I am firmly in the Jones Out Camp and have been since the end of last season. That said I have NEVER turned up to a game with the expressed intention of getting the manager sacked.

I attend matches to support my team and nothing else. If they then put in an awful performance like they did on Sunday, I will make my feelings known once he game has finished and not a moment before.

Making banners or chanting such rubbish during the game is just self-defeating and frankly an act of treachery.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 pm

I am a new recruit to the Jones out camp. By and large I think he has done a good job over the years, but I believe managers have a natural lifespan and his is at the end.

DJ - Thanks for saving the club, thanks for taking us on the next leg towards the Premiership and thanks for the Cup final, but if he has lost the dressing room he can not go on!!!

Some poor signings this season and a few unbelievable tactics/ substitutions. Also don’t think Jonesy has a plan B if things go wrong.