Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

To those who BLAME THE PLAYERS

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Honest question here, no sniping or agenda here.

We all know that poor team performances can make players look like they don't care or are not commited. And we also know that not clapping fans can make them appear to be petulant and unappreciative.

My question is, how can the team be to blame for both of these things. They were more than able to play exceedingly well earlier in the season ; not so much now. Surely it would be more likely that dave jones managerial skills are the cause here - throughout his career at our club, one constant has been his 'bad patches'. We have had different players over the seasons here, so the players can't be the main problem for this. If, as DJ claims, players are either not listening or not good enough, then HE IS TO BLAME.

Surely, a football manager can identify traits in players that will cause them to be unreceptive to tactics, substandard for the league, or both. If it's the case of the former then his communication skills are severely lacking ; if the latter, then why declare that the team is good enough to get automatically promoted, only to change your mind 3 months later and say 'I NEED 5 NEW PLAYERS'.

Our whole squad could not have slumped like that on their own perogative, in such a short time. Something is being mismanaged.

Re: To those who BLAME THE PLAYERS

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Honest question here, no sniping or agenda here.

We all know that poor team performances can make players look like they don't care or are not commited. And we also know that not clapping fans can make them appear to be petulant and unappreciative.

My question is, how can the team be to blame for both of these things. They were more than able to play exceedingly well earlier in the season ; not so much now. Surely it would be more likely that dave jones managerial skills are the cause here - throughout his career at our club, one constant has been his 'bad patches'. We have had different players over the seasons here, so the players can't be the main problem for this. If, as DJ claims, players are either not listening or not good enough, then HE IS TO BLAME.

Surely, a football manager can identify traits in players that will cause them to be unreceptive to tactics, substandard for the league, or both. If it's the case of the former then his communication skills are severely lacking ; if the latter, then why declare that the team is good enough to get automatically promoted, only to change your mind 3 months later and say 'I NEED 5 NEW PLAYERS'.

Our whole squad could not have slumped like that on their own perogative, in such a short time. Something is being mismanaged.

its bit of both really. manager is crap at tactics etc and players miss passes and other things and no bite lol and are hiding in there shells. half of players suppose to be prem league quality. everyone is out of ideas so unless that changes either manager or new players we could be in depressing month lol