Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is football bigger than the egg in Wales?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I have never been to a Wales international egg game as I hate the sport but can we argue that football is now bigger in Wales?

I would say yes on a club level but not sure as scumseas attendance against millwall was around 13k!

They were going for there highest league posistion in 27 years!!!

Is football bigger than the egg in Wales?

Re: Is football bigger than the egg in Wales?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm

my wife has been to an egg international, she hasnt got a clue what shape the ball is, it was a works doo, and i think, 60% of those people are the same, its a day out, the other 40% are there for the game,

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Egg games at club/ region level do not attract nowhere near the crowds at CCS or Liberty, it's the Welsh media that go OTT with regard to the egg.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:48 pm

They have a lot of money, too much possibly. Money buys power and exposure, and can make things appear to be bigger and more popular than they are. Like Jordan

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Football is without Doubt Bigger in Wales than Rugby.
In the 70s/80s and 90/s Prob Not.
Cardiff has the 2nd most Registered Park Football Sides in the UK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Week in Week out Our Crowds are above Rugby Club Sides :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 pm

football is definately bigger than the egg in wales! theres more football fans about than rugby, the problem is half of them support english clubs! (man u,liverpool, arsenal,chelsea)

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I was at a game (rugby) once and a woman at the side of me asked if Wales were playing in red, they were playing against

Canada ! Answers on a postcard !

I went to a semi final of a cup competition involving my local team, brynithel, a brynithel player was penalised and both coaches

went beserk, I walked up to them and told them that a player cannot tackle without using his arms ! The point I'm trying to make

is, if they are coaches and don't know the rules, what chance has joe public who just goes to an international for a day out have !