Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my suggestion for new manager

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:44 pm

i have followed the city for thirty five years and have seen plenty of crap football and useless managers, i aint jumping on the jones out bandwagon; ive never been a jones fan ive had plenty of debates wih mates over the years giving my reasons for not liking the guy but i honestly think we will blow it again if he stays in charge so the man i would like would be o drisscol from doncaster they play nice football with not the calibre of players we have; i know we would have to pay compensation but i bet his salary wont be to high,i know we wont be able to pay jones off as well so just move him upstairs to sort contracts out with current players and the couple of new ones that the new man wants

Re: my suggestion for new manager

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 pm

evans above wrote:i have followed the city for thirty five years and have seen plenty of crap football and useless managers, i aint jumping on the jones out bandwagon; ive never been a jones fan ive had plenty of debates wih mates over the years giving my reasons for not liking the guy but i honestly think we will blow it again if he stays in charge so the man i would like would be o drisscol from doncaster they play nice football with not the calibre of players we have; i know we would have to pay compensation but i bet his salary wont be to high,i know we wont be able to pay jones off as well so just move him upstairs to sort contracts out with current players and the couple of new ones that the new man wants

Just want to make this straight from the off. This is not me as an alias.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
evans above wrote:i have followed the city for thirty five years and have seen plenty of crap football and useless managers, i aint jumping on the jones out bandwagon; ive never been a jones fan ive had plenty of debates wih mates over the years giving my reasons for not liking the guy but i honestly think we will blow it again if he stays in charge so the man i would like would be o drisscol from doncaster they play nice football with not the calibre of players we have; i know we would have to pay compensation but i bet his salary wont be to high,i know we wont be able to pay jones off as well so just move him upstairs to sort contracts out with current players and the couple of new ones that the new man wants

You both realise O'Driscoll will cost us £1m on top of the £800k pay-off for Jones.

Could we afford it ?

Expensive mistake if it doesnt come off.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 pm

I fully support DJ.

I do like O'driscoll as a manager but as mentioned its a very expensive risk.
With DJ in charge i feel 95% confident we will go up.
With O'Driiscol about 75%

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You both realise O'Driscoll will cost us £1m on top of the £800k pay-off for Jones.

Could we afford it ?

Expensive mistake if it doesnt come off.

However we go about getting a new manager, if we have to get one, then its going to be a gamble. No getting away from that. No geting away with the £800k pay off for Jones unless someone else comes in for him which I doubt. The compensation for O'Driscoll would be a stumbling block but would show how high the intentions are of the Malaysians. Of course we are taking it for granted in a way but would O'Driscoll want to come to us?