Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GET OFF OUR MANAGERS BACK !!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Although the results aren't going our way at the moment, I believe that our fans and fans in general are really quick to criticise the manager and not get behind them. Newcastle lost a great manager in Chris Hughton and reports that the fans were not happy but still wanted to get behind Alan Pardew (I know it's a different situation), and look at the result they got against Liverpool. Talking about other possible managers to take over is not good for our football club, and when I here fans around me trying to chant anti Dave Jones songs it really does my head in. For example, when we were 1 nil down against Preston, although we played awful that game and losing Jay so early on did not help us, rather than getting behind the players and urging them to get the equaliser (which we did !!) some of our fans want to start chants against our manager. I don't know whether people know WERE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE !!! and not playing our best football. I for one know that if Dave Jones had left at the start of the year we would be going down to league 1, these are the players that would've left, Chops, Whitts, Jay, Burkey and Bellamy would not be playing for his home club. I'm not stupid, were not playing great at the moment and Dave Jones has got a few faults. Can't wait until January because we need some new faces, the defence obviously a striker to make Jay work for his place in the team and a centre midfielder that can pass people off the pitch. Remember where we were when DJ took over !!! and how far he's taken our club, I understand that if we don't go up this season that his position needs to be looked at, but considering this is our best opportunity to make a step up to the premiership and play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal the last thing we want to be doing is getting on our managers back !!!
A question to heat up this post is what will another manager do that DJ hasn't done already ? considering he has the respect of all our players !!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I'm a Cardiff City supporter and will back any manager that looks after my club but will have a go if I believe the managers taking us backwards but are we going backwards(our position in the league not our last few games), and I think some of our fikle fans need to get behind our club and not on the managers back. I'm ready to get slaughtered by you anti DJ fans, but I'm just being honest. BLUEBIRDS !!!!

Re: GET OFF OUR MANAGERS BACK !!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm

5 points from the last 21? get off his back? u having a laugh? He would be getting slaughtered at any club with a record like that.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 pm

ccfc1988 wrote: WERE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE !!! and not playing our best football.!

Not playimg our best football? Have you ever thought this is the best it going to get under DJ? Kust take a look at the whole of the season. When we have won games we have not played well. Now we have been suused we are losing, take a look at the last few games.

You PR DJ lot are doing my head in more than DJ himself.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:37 pm

ccfc1988 wrote:Although the results aren't going our way at the moment, I believe that our fans and fans in general are really quick to criticise the manager and not get behind them. Newcastle lost a great manager in Chris Hughton and reports that the fans were not happy but still wanted to get behind Alan Pardew (I know it's a different situation), and look at the result they got against Liverpool. Talking about other possible managers to take over is not good for our football club, and when I here fans around me trying to chant anti Dave Jones songs it really does my head in. For example, when we were 1 nil down against Preston, although we played awful that game and losing Jay so early on did not help us, rather than getting behind the players and urging them to get the equaliser (which we did !!) some of our fans want to start chants against our manager. I don't know whether people know WERE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE !!! and not playing our best football. I for one know that if Dave Jones had left at the start of the year we would be going down to league 1, these are the players that would've left, Chops, Whitts, Jay, Burkey and Bellamy would not be playing for his home club. I'm not stupid, were not playing great at the moment and Dave Jones has got a few faults. Can't wait until January because we need some new faces, the defence obviously a striker to make Jay work for his place in the team and a centre midfielder that can pass people off the pitch. Remember where we were when DJ took over !!! and how far he's taken our club, I understand that if we don't go up this season that his position needs to be looked at, but considering this is our best opportunity to make a step up to the premiership and play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal the last thing we want to be doing is getting on our managers back !!!
A question to heat up this post is what will another manager do that DJ hasn't done already ? considering he has the respect of all our players !!!
I'm a Cardiff City supporter and will back any manager that looks after my club but will have a go if I believe the managers taking us backwards but are we going backwards(our position in the league not our last few games), and I think some of our fikle fans need to get behind our club and not on the managers back. I'm ready to get slaughtered by you anti DJ fans, but I'm just being honest. BLUEBIRDS !!!!

Not going to slaughter you, your entitled to your opinion same as the rest of us.

Whether he has the respect of the players, none of us really know. One thing is certain, he
is failing in his tactics, formations and team selection. He is being out thought by opposition
managers. The players are ALL playing below themselves. There is something wrong.

Defence:

We had a brilliant up and coming defender last year, Gerrard was playing out of his skin and
was a major factor in getting to Wembley. He missed one game and was totally overlooked
in favour of Hudson. Now forget 'favouritism'... common sense dictates that after the run he
and Darcy had, and the clean sheets. Gerrard should have gone straight back in that side.
Instead, Jones turned his back on him, Gerrard saw his arse and you knew what was going to
happen next... Bye bye Anthony!!... His replacement has only played about 7 games in one and
a half seasons, and we are halfway through this season and he hasnt kicked a ball for the team.
Sooner than a bit of man-management with a young lad... he shipped Gerrard out... The lad is
now playing very well for Hull!!!

Midfield:

Jason Koumas. Nuff said really, Jason has proved a disaster, Jones never watched him play or
anything before signing him, because Jason hasnt kicked a ball in anger for over a year

Attack:

Craig Bellamy Centre Forward, Andy Keough left wing. Or even more worrying... Jones took
Bellamy off the left wing against QPR because he was afraid of their Left Back getting forward
... Neil Warnock must have followed through he was laughing so hard at that bit of tactical
genius.

The CHAMPIONSHIP is Dave Jones' level. We have set our sights higher!!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:
ccfc1988 wrote:Although the results aren't going our way at the moment, I believe that our fans and fans in general are really quick to criticise the manager and not get behind them. Newcastle lost a great manager in Chris Hughton and reports that the fans were not happy but still wanted to get behind Alan Pardew (I know it's a different situation), and look at the result they got against Liverpool. Talking about other possible managers to take over is not good for our football club, and when I here fans around me trying to chant anti Dave Jones songs it really does my head in. For example, when we were 1 nil down against Preston, although we played awful that game and losing Jay so early on did not help us, rather than getting behind the players and urging them to get the equaliser (which we did !!) some of our fans want to start chants against our manager. I don't know whether people know WERE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE !!! and not playing our best football. I for one know that if Dave Jones had left at the start of the year we would be going down to league 1, these are the players that would've left, Chops, Whitts, Jay, Burkey and Bellamy would not be playing for his home club. I'm not stupid, were not playing great at the moment and Dave Jones has got a few faults. Can't wait until January because we need some new faces, the defence obviously a striker to make Jay work for his place in the team and a centre midfielder that can pass people off the pitch. Remember where we were when DJ took over !!! and how far he's taken our club, I understand that if we don't go up this season that his position needs to be looked at, but considering this is our best opportunity to make a step up to the premiership and play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal the last thing we want to be doing is getting on our managers back !!!

Not going to slaughter you, your entitled to your opinion same as the rest of us.

Whether he has the respect of the players, none of us really know. One thing is certain, he
is failing in his tactics, formations and team selection. He is being out thought by opposition
managers. The players are ALL playing below themselves. There is something wrong.

Defence:

We had a brilliant up and coming defender last year, Gerrard was playing out of his skin and
was a major factor in getting to Wembley. He missed one game and was totally overlooked
in favour of Hudson. Now forget 'favouritism'... common sense dictates that after the run he
and Darcy had, and the clean sheets. Gerrard should have gone straight back in that side.
Instead, Jones turned his back on him, Gerrard saw his arse and you knew what was going to
happen next... Bye bye Anthony!!... His replacement has only played about 7 games in one and
a half seasons, and we are halfway through this season and he hasnt kicked a ball for the team.
Sooner than a bit of man-management with a young lad... he shipped Gerrard out... The lad is
now playing very well for Hull!!!

Midfield:

Jason Koumas. Nuff said really, Jason has proved a disaster, Jones never watched him play or
anything before signing him, because Jason hasnt kicked a ball in anger for over a year

Attack:

Craig Bellamy Centre Forward, Andy Keough left wing. Or even more worrying... Jones took
Bellamy off the left wing against QPR because he was afraid of their Left Back getting forward
... Neil Warnock must have followed through he was laughing so hard at that bit of tactical
genius.

The CHAMPIONSHIP is Dave Jones' level. We have set our sights higher!!

Great post again Taffy! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Good post Taffy, some good points there. Everyones got their own opinion on this topic, but I still believe DJ has taken us far past our wildest dreams since he came to our beloved football club and yes I believe he has made mistakes tactically and I'll be the first to say but he's only human, I think many of our fans are disrespecting him (by doing these pathetic anti DJ chants) :oops: and we are very quick to forget where we were a few years ago. This was my first post, and all I wanted to do was to get some sort of reaction and other views on this topic, thanks to everyone who replied. I only want to say, although we are going through a tough time on the pitch why can't we as fans try and give our team and manager a bit of confidence by getting behind them.
:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Football is all about opinions and you like everyone else are entitled to yours as for me I'm firmly in the ship DJ out camp and here are a few on the reasons.

We are currently experiencing the worst run of results since the 2006-2007 season when we started like a house on fire only to fall away between November and January. I win in 11 games then which the manager blamed on a lack of strength in depth in the squad. He can hardly use that as an excuse this season although he has got his we need 5 players in January excuse in very early.

Secondly his record of acheiving results after we go a goal behind is desperately poor with a win percentage below 10% in those situations. His inability to change games in our favour in these situations is the main reason why people say we have no plan b as if he did that win % would be far far higher. This is not just this season but stats taken throughout his time at the club.

The final nail in his coffin for me was listening to Tony Mowbrays post match interview after yesterdays game when he said what pleased him most was the fact that despite being unable to train the players on grass for a fortnight their game plan worked perfectly. He said that the last week had been spent in the gym and working off flip charts but every one of his players had followed their tactical plan and that was great credit to them. "It's the managers job to set the game plan".

Where was DJ yesterday busy telling us about our nothing club, with no history expecting to go to an ex premier league club and win, calling on us all to get real. Well the reality is even though we have not played in the premier league we have a better squad, we have better facilities as at least our players now have an indoor facility to train. We are no longer the poor relations of this division be it the squad, budget or facilities yet he still cannot correct a worrying slide.

We have grown as a club but DJ hasn't kept pace with us and we now need a manager with a proven track record for tactical excellence. They are out there and we need one desperately to make best use of our fantastic squad.

Just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Castleblue
Football is all about opinions and you like everyone else are entitled to yours as for me I'm firmly in the ship DJ out camp and here are a few on the reasons.

We are currently experiencing the worst run of results since the 2006-2007 season when we started like a house on fire only to fall away between November and January. I win in 11 games then which the manager blamed on a lack of strength in depth in the squad. He can hardly use that as an excuse this season although he has got his we need 5 players in January excuse in very early.

Secondly his record of acheiving results after we go a goal behind is desperately poor with a win percentage below 10% in those situations. His inability to change games in our favour in these situations is the main reason why people say we have no plan b as if he did that win % would be far far higher. This is not just this season but stats taken throughout his time at the club.

The final nail in his coffin for me was listening to Tony Mowbrays post match interview after yesterdays game when he said what pleased him most was the fact that despite being unable to train the players on grass for a fortnight their game plan worked perfectly. He said that the last week had been spent in the gym and working off flip charts but every one of his players had followed their tactical plan and that was great credit to them. "It's the managers job to set the game plan".

Where was DJ yesterday busy telling us about our nothing club, with no history expecting to go to an ex premier league club and win, calling on us all to get real. Well the reality is even though we have not played in the premier league we have a better squad, we have better facilities as at least our players now have an indoor facility to train. We are no longer the poor relations of this division be it the squad, budget or facilities yet he still cannot correct a worrying slide.

We have grown as a club but DJ hasn't kept pace with us and we now need a manager with a proven track record for tactical excellence. They are out there and we need one desperately to make best use of our fantastic squad.

Just my opinion.
castleblue

And Your Opinion, to me is Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:32 pm

This season DJ has finally run out of excuses. All that he has left is aimed at individual players, the fans, & the media.