Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alan Curbishley

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 am

Would be a brilliant replacement would guarantee promotion and available now.

Any thoughts?

Re: Alan Curbishley

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:33 am

Would he move from Essex?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am

lardo wrote:Would be a brilliant replacement would guarantee promotion and available now.

Any thoughts?

He wouldnt want it mate spoke to him a few weeks back hes still hoping for a prem job

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 am

Daya wrote:
lardo wrote:Would be a brilliant replacement would guarantee promotion and available now.

Any thoughts?

He wouldnt want it mate spoke to him a few weeks back hes still hoping for a prem job

I think he will have a long wait for a Prem job.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:23 am

maccydee wrote:
Daya wrote:

Any thoughts?

I think he will have a long wait for a Prem job.

thats what i said!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 am

mind you - you could have said that about pardew!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:25 am

He wouldnt want it mate spoke to him a few weeks back hes still hoping for a prem job[/quote]

I think he will have a long wait for a Prem job.[/quote]

thats what i said![/quote]

I don't want him here either. No point changing DJ for Curbishley same sort of manager. Won't win the fans over.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am

Overrated, no better than Jones, wouldn't give him a second look.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am

if the manager was to be changed it would be Gus Poyett for me all day long

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:32 am

Daya wrote:if the manager was to be changed it would be Gus Poyett for me all day long

I said that to someone last night. Gus Poyet defo. I think O driscoll was mentioned but not sure he could handle Bellamy, Chops, Bothroyd etc but Poyet could. I'm sure wouldn't cost too much to get him away from Brighton.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 am

Lol, I do wish people would get real with all this bollocks about O'Neill, Curbishley etc.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 am

Poyet is a good coach but hasn't proved much as a manager as yet. However he is a modern thinker and would be better than we already have at the helm. I also like Hughton who would not cost us much. However my own personal favourite is Paul Lambert, I would poach him from Norwich he has form for moving clubs and I think we would run away with this league under his stewardship.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 am

ihatealiens wrote:Poyet is a good coach but hasn't proved much as a manager as yet. However he is a modern thinker and would be better than we already have at the helm. I also like Hughton who would not cost us much. However my own personal favourite is Paul Lambert, I would poach him from Norwich he has form for moving clubs and I think we would run away with this league under his stewardship.

Norwich play beautiful football, theres no taking that away it a joy to watch especially in the Championship, i hate to say it but so do the jack bastards too. its far better than hoof ball!

Poyett was always the real manager behind Wise .... Wise without Gus was lost!

He is pure class on and off the pitch ..... perfect for Cardiff City.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 am

Daya wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Poyet is a good coach but hasn't proved much as a manager as yet. However he is a modern thinker and would be better than we already have at the helm. I also like Hughton who would not cost us much. However my own personal favourite is Paul Lambert, I would poach him from Norwich he has form for moving clubs and I think we would run away with this league under his stewardship.

Norwich play beautiful football, theres no taking that away it a joy to watch especially in the Championship, i hate to say it but so do the jack bastards too. its far better than hoof ball!

Poyett was always the real manager behind Wise .... Wise without Gus was lost!

He is pure class on and off the pitch ..... perfect for Cardiff City.

Aye and he's media Savvy which is quite the opposite to Dave Jones. This is a very important part of being a good manager and is not often commented upon by the fans. He is a very poor communicator which has often made me think is he just as poor communicating with the players. He doesn't do too much from the dug out anyway.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Why would he leave Norwich to come here?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:19 pm

maccydee wrote:

Why would anyone change jobs? better money, better staff, better working conditions and on the footballing side of things better quality players and better fans, so why not?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:32 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Why would anyone change jobs? better money, better staff, better working conditions and on the footballing side of things better quality players and better fans, so why not?

They have bigger attendances than us home and away so what do you base better fans on? Not in the debt we are in. They have more recently been in the Premiership. Only 4 points behind us in the league. Looking at our current form I would debate whether we have better players. I don't think the next Cardiff manager is going to be on what DJ is on, well I hope not anyway.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Well to be fair theres not much in the attendances between both clubs. However I feel our clubs policy with the premier club seating effects our attendances. If these seats were sold as normal seats not Premier Club our attendances would be higher. Away fans? you would go a long way to better our away following which are more vocal than most. I am a Cardiff City fan so I am bound to say we are better fans than Norwich and why not? I believe we are. All football clubs are in debt, even Norwich. I believe we have better players but our manager is not getting the best out of them and like I said earlier if Paul Lambert managed those same players we would be in a far healthier position in the league. I dont know what sort of wage Paul Lambert would command but he would be far better value for money whatever he is paid than our current manager.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Norwich are pretty heavily in debt I would say and trying to sell off the family silver to reduce it :lol:
http://www.footballtradedirectory.com/n ... -club.html

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Fair one although if you add our debt I think it's more than theirs and also they never had non payment of HMRC monies.

I like Norwich. Think they are a good club with good support.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:23 pm

maccydee wrote:Fair one although if you add our debt I think it's more than theirs and also they never had non payment of HMRC monies.

I like Norwich. Think they are a good club with good support.

No argument with you there I like Norwich too, damn good club. Non payment of HMRC monies? don't get me started on that clown Ridsdale again couldnt run a childs bank account let alone a football club :lol:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:25 pm

What a shame we getting on we could have turned this into a multi page thread repeating the same insults over and over again.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Daya wrote:if the manager was to be changed it would be Gus Poyett for me all day long

Got to agree with you there Mr Day, cracking manager who will land a big job sooner or later. Is it true Swansea chose Sousa over Poyet?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: - aye truce mate :lol: :lol: :lol: U referring to Ben and that moderator with the yummy hooters? :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: - aye truce mate :lol: :lol: :lol: U referring to Ben and that moderator with the yummy hooters? :lol: :lol:

Not just yummy hooters. Yummy all over ain't she?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
ihatealiens wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: - aye truce mate :lol: :lol: :lol: U referring to Ben and that moderator with the yummy hooters? :lol: :lol:

Not just yummy hooters. Yummy all over ain't she?

Aye I could do a bit of damage there :lol:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 pm

lardo wrote:Would guarantee promotion

Would he really? :roll:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Any thoughts?

I would give him the job today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
lardo wrote:Would guarantee promotion

Would he really? :roll:

No. Of course not. No-one can.

And Lambert, he's playing for a bigger club with bigger crowds and more recent success.

We aren't Barcelona.

Poyet is more realistic or Eddie Howe.(Working miracles at Bournemouth) - read up on him, one of the brightest young managers in the country.

IF we are going to change - and I sincerely hope it wont come to that you need to be realistic over who'd want it.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Lets get someone with passion and then the suggestion is Alan Curbishley.....oh dear me