Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Performing amongst a blame culture

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:06 am

It seems around our club there is a really powerful blame culture at the moment.

Pressure from directors on manager -you can have money if we are 2nd at Xmas.. might pull out if we dont go up
Blame from fans on manager - no need to explain that one
Blame from manager on players- we see it in the press, God knows what its like at the training ground
Blame from fans on players - some of the stuff I hear our fans shout is disgusting and embarrassing. Can't beleive that on a couple of occasions I've had to tell individual fans to sort themselves out. I'm probably going to get a clout one day :lol:
Blame from players on players - I'm wondering whether Bellamy screaming at every poor pass is really such a good thing.

Now we all know that in our jobs its impossible to perform in that sort of environment. Yes, some people need a bit of a rocket to get the best out of them, but when it becomes continuous and instantaneous criticism then it is counter-productive. People stop taking chances, thinking for themselves and hide.

I'm concerned that this is what is happening at our club - people are looking for others to pass the buck to and afraid to take risks and responsibility as they are plaing with fear.

Thats whats happening here.

how will it change.

Well - the supporters could actually get behind their side and support - instead of waiting for an error and then screaming at the players like 'The Train Woman' with PMT. I cant see that happening though, too much impatience and frustration around.

- change of manager, but that might not work out that well - it hasnt elsewhere, and will the directros change it while we are 2nd. I doubt it and personally think that would be wrong right now.

- or a bit of luck, spawny goal to give us the lead next Saturday and a welcome win to revense the sapping confidence.

Fingers crossed for the 3rd scenario. :ayatollah:

This has shown itself as its Bellamy, Burke and McNaughton, the 3 who are least likely to get criticised who for me have looked like the only players who aren't scared to receive the ball in the last few weeks.