Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOES ANY OF YOU THINK MR TAN WILL TAKE ACTION

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:41 pm

or do you think he will let it go until end of January? or not at all?

Re: DOES ANY OF YOU THINK MR TAN WILL TAKE ACTION

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:43 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:or do you think he will let it go until end of January?

i feel it will be before january, if not it wont be at all.
basically if he is gonna hand money over he has to trust DJ with it. if he doesnt are we are still playing poorly he will be gone.
remember VT wants a quick return on his investment, and he wont tolerate DJ pissing it against the wall.
if he is here in jan and VT backs him with money he will still be here come may.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 pm

milly44 wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:or do you think he will let it go until end of January?

i feel it will be before january, if not it wont be at all.
basically if he is gonna hand money over he has to trust DJ with it. if he doesnt are we are still playing poorly he will be gone.
remember VT wants a quick return on his investment, and he wont tolerate DJ pisses it against the wall.
if he is here in jan and VT backs him with money he will still be here come may.

yea true points milly fair play

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:17 am

Let me put it to you this way. When we went on a good run, we outscored the opposition, the defense made mistakes which cost us goals, but our midfield and attack was on form and scoring goals so we outscored teams and won games.

The last few games, our midfield and strikers have been underperforming, but our defense have continued playing as they have played all season, making mistakes and costing us goals. At the moment, as our midfield and attack are off form, we are not outscoring teams and are therefore losing games. I firmly believe the reason our midfield and attack are not performing is because the opposition know that if they stop us scoring, our defense will probably gift them a goal.

Also, our midfield and attack know there's a poor defense behind them which doesn't give them the confidence to attack the way they want, gamble by making forward runs etc. Whoever is on the left wing knows Naylor is behind them who if left exposed on a one on one situation, will get skinned 9 times out of 10.

Dave Jones has signed every single defender in the first team squad, apart from Darcy Blake and Adam Matthews. In his post match interview today, Dave Jones criticised his defense, the very defense he has signed for this club.

Now put yourself in Vincent Tan's position, he's not a football fan, he's a businessman. I'm pretty sure Dave Jones will ask Vincent Tan for funds to sign a new defense. Vincent Tan is aware that the current defense that has failed all season is the same defense Dave Jones has signed, including paying over a million pounds for Hudson. Now do you think Vincent Tan will trust Jones to spend millions of his money on a new defense after already assembling his own defense that has failed? Personally, i'm not so sure Tan will want to gamble with the risk of Jones squandering millions of his money and I can see Jones getting sacked in the next few weeks unless performances improve.

To summarise, if a team is going to get promoted, they need a solid defense, and although I sympathise that Jones has been forced to sell Collins, Gabbidon, Loovens and Johnson in the past, we have not sold any defenders this season and Jones has had funds to assemble his own defense, and has so far failed. Vincent tan is a ruthless businessman who wants promotion this season to get a quick return on the millions he has already invested, that's why if our bad form continues over the next few weeks, it wouldn't surprise me if Jones is shown the door.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:25 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Let me put it to you this way. When we went on a good run, we outscored the opposition, the defense made mistakes which cost us goals, but our midfield and attack was on form and scoring goals so we outscored teams and won games.

The last few games, our midfield and strikers have been underperforming, but our defense have continued playing as they have played all season, making mistakes and costing us goals. At the moment, as our midfield and attack are off form, we are not outscoring teams and are therefore losing games. I firmly believe the reason our midfield and attack are not performing is because the opposition know that if they stop us scoring, our defense will probably gift them a goal.

Also, our midfield and attack know there's a poor defense behind them which doesn't give them the confidence to attack the way they want, gamble by making forward runs etc. Whoever is on the left wing knows Naylor is behind them who if left exposed on a one on one situation, will get skinned 9 times out of 10.

Dave Jones has signed every single defender in the first team squad, apart from Darcy Blake and Adam Matthews. In his post match interview today, Dave Jones criticised his defense, the very defense he has signed for this club.

Now put yourself in Vincent Tan's position, he's not a football fan, he's a businessman. I'm pretty sure Dave Jones will ask Vincent Tan for funds to sign a new defense. Vincent Tan is aware that the current defense that has failed all season is the same defense Dave Jones has signed, including paying over a million pounds for Hudson. Now do you think Vincent Tan will trust Jones to spend millions of his money on a new defense after already assembling his own defense that has failed? Personally, i'm not so sure Tan will want to gamble with the risk of Jones squandering millions of his money and I can see Jones getting sacked in the next few weeks unless performances improve.

To summarise, if a team is going to get promoted, they need a solid defense, and although I sympathise that Jones has been forced to sell Collins, Gabbidon, Loovens and Johnson in the past, we have not sold any defenders this season and Jones has had funds to assemble his own defense, and has so far failed. Vincent tan is a ruthless businessman who wants promotion this season to get a quick return on the millions he has already invested, that's why if our bad form continues over the next few weeks, it wouldn't surprise me if Jones is shown the door.

Good post Tony. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 am

Hope so just put Burton in charge until we find someone.