Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just back from the game

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Very disappointed. Excluding a 10 minute period we were a nothing team.

I listened to the local radio on the way back and the Boro fans interviewed kept going on about how their team changed their tactics for this game. Well it worked they all said and indeed it was painful for us Cardiff fans there to see. I cant really say any of our players were awful which frightens me. However the team performance was frustrating to watch. If it was not for that 10 minute period I really dont think the most faithful of us would want to go and watch this team again.

After today and the last 6 weeks I hagfve poractically given up on us getting promoted. Yes we are 2nd, more by a miracle than anything, but who in their honest opinon believes we should be. I dont and I just cant see us maintaining that status.

Re: Just back from the game

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

The official site says we were the dominant team,,, not what i was hearing.
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:The official site says we were the dominant team,,, not what i was hearing.
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home

First half, attempts AT goal, Boro 4 Cardiff 1.

Second half attempts at goal. We we hit the crossbar but that was cancelled out by an excellent save from Marshall.

We had alot of possession agreed but did very little with it. As we pushed forward for an equalisier the Boro quite easily stopped us and counter attackerd dangerously.

The official site is just a propaganda machine for what is turning out to be a joke of a management setup.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Very disappointed. Excluding a 10 minute period we were a nothing team.

I listened to the local radio on the way back and the Boro fans interviewed kept going on about how their team changed their tactics for this game. Well it worked they all said and indeed it was painful for us Cardiff fans there to see. I cant really say any of our players were awful which frightens me. However the team performance was frustrating to watch. If it was not for that 10 minute period I really dont think the most faithful of us would want to go and watch this team again.

After today and the last 6 weeks I hagfve poractically given up on us getting promoted. Yes we are 2nd, more by a miracle than anything, but who in their honest opinon believes we should be. I dont and I just cant see us maintaining that status.

do you think we can improve under jones? or do you think as i think we will be on bottom pile of top 6 at the end of jan.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Well personally I think his luck has run out this time.

Now you can set your watch to when we go through bad patch then a good patch. Now we should have finished this bad patch against Forest, November bug, but unfortunately we did not as we have continues well into December. The way it is going by the time we finally get something right it will be time to go into another bad patch.

End of January? There is a real fear we could drop out of the top 6.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 pm

i was on the keep jones longer side but after today i have had enough i cant take it no more something HAS to be wrong in the changeing room we seem to be getting worse and worse in front of goal and worse at the back(if that possible)

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well personally I think his luck has run out this time.

Now you can set your watch to when we go through bad patch then a good patch. Now we should have finished this bad patch against Forest, November bug, but unfortunately we did not as we have continues well into December. The way it is going by the time we finally get something right it will be time to go into another bad patch.

End of January? There is a real fear we could drop out of the top 6.

kool glad to see someone thinking same as me haha :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm

CCFC_BLUEBIRDS wrote:i was on the keep jones longer side but after today i have had enough i cant take it no more something HAS to be wrong in the changeing room we seem to be getting worse and worse in front of goal and worse at the back(if that possible)

Just listened to his interview. He says about getting back to basics. Well sometimes you have to do that but when you do then you have to build again. If this is the case then I can see us dropping out of the top 6.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Lads.. we are only THREE points ahead of 9th place!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 pm

taffyapple wrote:Lads.. we are only THREE points ahead of 9th place!

Yes I have noticed that and if we are honest we should count ourselves lucky some results have gone our way. I sometimes wish some results had not goen our way so we can drop down from 2nd therefore taking away one of the arguments that supports DJ.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:Lads.. we are only THREE points ahead of 9th place!

that where we will be after jan. 10th at least.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 pm

I admire your optimism! A win against Burnley will turn our season around and we can go on to clinch an automatic spot, there's nothing in this league TBH, even QPR are not that brilliant!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:I admire your optimism! A win against Burnley will turn our season around and we can go on to clinch an automatic spot, there's nothing in this league TBH, even QPR are not that brilliant!

I agree, but this is Cardiff City fc we are talking about, & you just know whats going to happen next.