Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Boro loss frustrates Cardiff

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:35 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 279024.stm

i haven't got any time for him anymore

Re: Boro loss frustrates Cardiff

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:39 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9279024.stm

From that I'd say Gyepes will be out of the side next week.
Riggott in instead ?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Please see below Jones blaming the defence today, and underlining just how
many goals we've scored!!! (erm... we've scored 2 in 4 games Davey son) For
him to say 'there's nothing wrong going forward' scares the shit out of me...
WHAT THE f**k IS THE MAN WATCHING????

Cardiff boss Dave Jones pointed his finger at his leaky defence after a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

Boro, whose backline had to cope with the absence of suspended centre-back David Wheater, got their only goal through a first-half Julio Arca penalty, converted after after Gabor Gyepes brought down Marvin Emnes in the box.

Jones said: "I don't know how often we are going to leave the door open at the back. A bit of fear has crept in there somehow. At the moment that unit isn't working.

"We are the second biggest scorers so there is nothing wrong going forward but if you don't score you have to keep a clean sheet and that isn't happening and too often we end up chasing the game.

"I wouldn't mind if we were beaten by good movement but it was a punt down the middle and a sloppily conceded penalty and that shouldn't happen.

"We have to make sure we don't get carried away and let a blame culture creep in but right now they need a bit of criticism. It is harsh but they have to accept it."

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9279024.stm

Riggott in instead ?

Barring death, it wont be Hudson dropped

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:52 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Riggott in instead ?

Barring death, it wont be Hudson dropped

Given that he's by far our best central defender then of course not.

Gyepes gave away a soft pen (something I cant remember Hudson EVER doing- thankfully or he's probably be hung drawn and quartered) and so he gets the blame.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 pm

taffyapple wrote:Please see below Jones blaming the defence today, and underlining just how
many goals we've scored!!! (erm... we've scored 2 in 4 games Davey son) For
him to say 'there's nothing wrong going forward' scares the shit out of me...
WHAT THE f**k IS THE MAN WATCHING????

Cardiff boss Dave Jones pointed his finger at his leaky defence after a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

Boro, whose backline had to cope with the absence of suspended centre-back David Wheater, got their only goal through a first-half Julio Arca penalty, converted after after Gabor Gyepes brought down Marvin Emnes in the box.

Jones said: "I don't know how often we are going to leave the door open at the back. A bit of fear has crept in there somehow. At the moment that unit isn't working.

"We are the second biggest scorers so there is nothing wrong going forward but if you don't score you have to keep a clean sheet and that isn't happening and too often we end up chasing the game.

"I wouldn't mind if we were beaten by good movement but it was a punt down the middle and a sloppily conceded penalty and that shouldn't happen.

"We have to make sure we don't get carried away and let a blame culture creep in but right now they need a bit of criticism. It is harsh but they have to accept it."

jones out and enough said , fed up of him now, he costing us big time.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Hudson had a reasonable game today. He was just as good as any of them. Infact he is not having a bad season. I think some of us need to forget his performaces last season.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Hudson had a reasonable game today. He was just as good as any of them. Infact he is not having a bad season. I think some of us need to forget his performaces last season.

Hudsons main problem is that he is just not a leader at this level. You
have GOT to have that main man at the back barking orders and marshalling
the defence. Otherwise, you end up with four individuals defending. Which
is just what we have got back there!!

Put Hudson alongside someone like Roger Johnson and he'd be brilliant, he
would not drift off, lose his player, leave holes... Hes just one of those
defenders that needs TELLING!