Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Patience & Faith

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Have the Malaysians got enough when considering DJ?

Their substantial wealth and business success has obviously been built upon a platform of ruthlessness and ability to identify & remove obstacles that prevented progression, and realisation of the objective in hand.

Decisiveness and the required level of bravery to make a call (no matter how difficult or unpopular within certain areas) is undoubtedly an aspect that falls within their skillbase, and they have ample experience in. However, this would also highlight their objectiveness when managing a decision or scenario against tide of opinion and emotion.

The phrase 'make or break' when attributed to a season of football could never be more relevant when evaluating our club at the moment, and the Malaysians will of course be conscious of this when constructing a plan for the remainder of the season and most notably January.
Consequently, is todays performance; post match comments; current form; enough for them to now seriously consider DJs future?

I now believe they will be having such considerations over the next few days and DJ may well be asked to formally rationalise his decisions/ approach & present a plan that will need to be good enough to convince.

From a personal perspective, I've never been a supporter of DJ as such - my opinion of him (and the situaton) is largely based upon the journey under his control and a 'fear' as to what would happen if he left (considering what he has done in the transfer market etc under notable constraints).
However I no longer hold such fear considering the position we are in and resource available - and as a 'final nail' in my current opinion DJs post match comment of 'players not listening' suggests to me (considering the frequency and consistency of such comments used by DJ) he's nearly or has lost the dressing room.
Listening to the game on the radio today did little to inspire me that we are on the right track and some of the tactical/ selection decisions hes made reflects an arrogant and stubborn man who struggles with the concept of change management - the latest 90 mins of football has had a huge impact on my opinion on whether DJ should now go, and I regret to say I think he should now go.

I believe the journey under DJ is nearing an abrupt end and January will see a new manager at the helm together with a couple of new players. Thanks DJ for all your hard work & relative success delivered - but its time now for a new manager to take us up in this critical period. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Patience & Faith

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:37 pm

excellent post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Couldnt agree more :)
if we beat burnley next saturday he will be a hero
asking him to do the ayatollah and all then :?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

CastletownBlue"]Have the Malaysians got enough when considering DJ?

Their substantial wealth and business success has obviously been built upon a platform of ruthlessness and ability to identify & remove obstacles that prevented progression, and realisation of the objective in hand.

Decisiveness and the required level of bravery to make a call (no matter how difficult or unpopular within certain areas) is undoubtedly an aspect that falls within their skillbase, and they have ample experience in. However, this would also highlight their objectiveness when managing a decision or scenario against tide of opinion and emotion.

The phrase 'make or break' when attributed to a season of football could never be more relevant when evaluating our club at the moment, and the Malaysians will of course be conscious of this when constructing a plan for the remainder of the season and most notably January.
Consequently, is todays performance; post match comments; current form; enough for them to now seriously consider DJs future?

I now believe they will be having such considerations over the next few days and DJ may well be asked to formally rationalise his decisions/ approach & present a plan that will need to be good enough to convince.

From a personal perspective, I've never been a supporter of DJ as such - my opinion of him (and the situaton) is largely based upon the journey under his control and a 'fear' as to what would happen if he left (considering what he has done in the transfer market etc under notable constraints).
However I no longer hold such fear considering the position we are in and resource available - and as a 'final nail' in my current opinion DJs post match comment of 'players not listening' suggests to me (considering the frequency and consistency of such comments used by DJ) he's nearly or has lost the dressing room.
Listening to the game on the radio today did little to inspire me that we are on the right track and some of the tactical/ selection decisions hes made reflects an arrogant and stubborn man who struggles with the concept of change management - the latest 90 mins of football has had a huge impact on my opinion on whether DJ should now go, and I regret to say I think he should now go.

I believe the journey under DJ is nearing an abrupt end and January will see a new manager at the helm together with a couple of new players. Thanks DJ for all your hard work & relative success delivered - but its time now for a new manager to take us up in this critical period. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

i always thought we should have made a fresh appointment after the play off final loss.
i listened to his interview tonight where he has criticised the back four and then starts talking about riggot.
what the hell does he expect riggot to come in and do when the guy has not played a game for months.
i go back to reserve games again jones dosent want them (rather be with his horses) but they are an essential part of giving players competitive match practice prior to coming back into first team contention.
a reserve team match gives you the opportunity to change tactics and try things out without costing you points.
the game against swansea for me was the last straw out of 26000 people i think only jones knew what his tactics were most importantly the players never had a clue what they were suppossed to be doing.
It will be an interesting few weeks now because he has not got the back stop of the riddler protecting his arse and will be surely testing the malaysians patience as nothing less than promotion will do in their eyes.