Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO-ONE WILL TAKE THE CARDIFF JOB

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

no way will anyone take the job if the previous manager was sacked for being 2nd in the league. i am a DJ fan, but my patience is wearing thin now.

Re: NO-ONE WILL TAKE THE CARDIFF JOB

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 pm

I was a DJ fan, but the team has lost the plot and the Manager has to take responsibility.

We know what the players can do but the Manager is not using their strengths therefore the weakest link must be removed - time to go DJ.

Just think where we could be, top with a massive points gap.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm

nugent wrote:no way will anyone take the job if the previous manager was sacked for being 2nd in the league. i am a DJ fan, but my patience is wearing thin now.

chris hughton got newcastle up,mid table and pushed out,pardew knows he got an uphill struggle,but its about money,jones goes,someone will be in his boots before the days over :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:50 pm

CHRIS COLEMAN PLEASE COME

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:53 pm

nugent wrote:CHRIS COLEMAN PLEASE COME

That Jack b*stard would have us relegated by the end of this season.

A bigger double agent than Dimi Dropalotamus!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Totally agree - DON'T WANT COLEMAN, sacked at Fulham, sacked at Coventry. He's SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:02 pm

O'Neill for me - free agent with something to prove after the way he left Villa

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Coleman has stated that he will never manager Cardiff OR Swansea.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:03 pm

No chance, he is rubbish

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

nugent wrote:no way will anyone take the job if the previous manager was sacked for being 2nd in the league. i am a DJ fan, but my patience is wearing thin now.

There's not an out-of-work manager in the country would turn the job down if the
money was right. Any decent manager with a hole in his arse could get us promoted
from where we are in this division with the players we have!

Jones has literally taken us as far as he can go.

He was right, a few years ago we were lucky to have him. But our Club has now
outgrown HIM. Our ambitions as a Football Club far outweigh his capabilities as
a manager

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:Totally agree - DON'T WANT COLEMAN, sacked at Fulham, sacked at Coventry. He's SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree hes is shite but fairplay too him he didnt do a bad job at fulham :?
with hardly no money for 4 years and he kept fulham in the prem quite easy tbh
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:24 pm

we need a new manager who will bring with him more contacts other than old, shite, injury prone wolves players
COME ON MARTIN O'NEILL WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I have always admired the job Sean O'Driscoll has done at Doncaster. Rovers play excellent football and if he brought that here it would be welcome change from the 'boot it up to Bothroyd (or any of his second rate replacements)' one trick that DJ insists on playing week in week out.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have always admired the job Sean O'Driscoll has done at Doncaster. Rovers play excellent football and if he brought that here it would be welcome change from the 'boot it up to Bothroyd (or any of his second rate replacements)' one trick that DJ insists on playing week in week out.

We'd have to pay £1m in compensation.

Can we afford it ?

Will that mean we'd have to sell Chopra.

Is the gamble worth it ?

IMHO If we dont get more than 3 points from the next 4 I'd move.

I'd go for Poyet first, and would be prepared to sacrifice a player if need be to get the right manager and maybe bring in Kevin Phillips if Chopra goes to fund it.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm

GET A GRIP, PEOPLE!!!!

Not even half way yet....

Gyepes fault for the goal (but should the ball have got there in the first place??) and missing Bothroyd badly....but still not a REAL crisis at the moment. We're still 2nd in the table!!

Sack Dave Joes?? WHY?? Sorry, but simply pathetic!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have always admired the job Sean O'Driscoll has done at Doncaster. Rovers play excellent football and if he brought that here it would be welcome change from the 'boot it up to Bothroyd (or any of his second rate replacements)' one trick that DJ insists on playing week in week out.

Can we afford it ?

Is the gamble worth it ?

I'd go for Poyet first, and would be prepared to sacrifice a player if need be to get the right manager and maybe bring in Kevin Phillips if Chopra goes to fund it.

As a matter of interest where do you get the £1m compensation from? Secondly I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Gus Poyet as he is a similar manager playing football the right way.

However we would also have to pay Brighton compensation so I would lean towards O'Driscoll who does have Championship experience.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Can we afford it ?

Is the gamble worth it ?

As a matter of interest where do you get the £1m compensation from? Secondly I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Gus Poyet as he is a similar manager playing football the right way.

However we would also have to pay Brighton compensation so I would lean towards O'Driscoll who does have Championship experience.

Are you saying gus poyet to replace dave jones??
:? :?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

[/quote]

However we would also have to pay Brighton compensation so I would lean towards O'Driscoll who does have Championship experience.[/quote]

Are you saying gus poyet to replace dave jones??
:? :?[/quote]

Gus Poyet??

f**k me I'd settle for Alison Moyet!!!! :lol:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Are you saying gus poyet to replace dave jones??

We need a younger manager who understands modern day football players better than the misrable scouse Barstard. DJ makes the same mistakes over and over again because to him his personal ego is more important than the welfare of Cardiff City.

I would like Sean O'Driscoll here but as an alternative Gus Poyet would be a good replacement IMO.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Can we afford it ?

Is the gamble worth it ?

I'd go for Poyet first, and would be prepared to sacrifice a player if need be to get the right manager and maybe bring in Kevin Phillips if Chopra goes to fund it.[/quote]

However we would also have to pay Brighton compensation so I would lean towards O'Driscoll who does have Championship experience.[/quote]

O'Driscoll signed a new contract which allowed for £1m compensation if he was to leave.

I'm sure Poyet would be just a fraction of that.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Are you saying gus poyet to replace dave jones??

We need a younger manager who understands modern day football players better than the misrable scouse Barstard. DJ makes the same mistakes over and over again because to him his personal ego is more important than the welfare of Cardiff City.

I would like Sean O'Driscoll here but as an alternative Gus Poyet would be a good replacement IMO.

agree with first bit cause he never learns from them
but gus poyet has hardly done alot in football mangement for me
sean o'driscoll dont know either :?
:ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
O'Driscoll signed a new contract which allowed for £1m compensation if he was to leave.

That seems a lot of money for Championship manager if I'm honest but I'll take your word for it. As I said I would be happy with Poyet.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

That seems a lot of money for Championship manager if I'm honest but I'll take your word for it. As I said I would be happy with Poyet.

We need a younger manager yea
but poyet isnt better than jones :?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Cant remember where i got it from, but its also here..

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... -question/