Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF Jones were to go, what sensible options are there ?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:26 pm

I wouldnt get shot of him yet, but if this form continues into the New year then maybe we'd have to.

Here is my take..

Of the main ones mentioned I doubt very much we could get O'Neill or Curbishley. O'Driscoll would cost a fortune in compensation, Hughton is obviously available and a 'maybe'

Gus Poyet from Brighton would be high on my list. I'd love Martinez, but he's not likely to be available. Johnson at Peterborough maybe. Even a long shot at Brendan Rogers ?

Re: IF Jones were to go, what sensible options are there ?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Martin O'Neil would be my choice!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 pm

I'd go for hughton, o'neill or o'driscoll

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I wouldnt get shot of him yet, but if this form continues into the New year then maybe we'd have to.

Here is my take..

Of the main ones mentioned I doubt very much we could get O'Neill or Curbishley. O'Driscoll would cost a fortune in compensation, Hughton is obviously available and a 'maybe'

Gus Poyet from Brighton would be high on my list. I'd love Martinez, but he's not likely to be available. Johnson at Peterborough maybe. Even a long shot at Brendan Rogers ?

Johnson at Peterborough :o

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Ian Holloway is the man for the job :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:32 pm

If there is one manager we will not get, its Martin O'Neill, give it up!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I'd go for hughton, o'neill or o'driscoll

Guys please stop quoting O'Neill, there is absolutely no chance of him.

Lets have some SENSIBLE suggestions.. I've made a start. Poyet , great record as a 2nd in command before and now given a chance he's taken Brighton with very little resources to the top of L1 - I reckon he'd come here.

On the other hand, if we sacked Jones there would be a manager there who took a skint club to 2nd in the league, oversaw a doubling of the crowds an FA Cup final and produced £30m of players - how about him ? :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I wouldnt get shot of him yet, but if this form continues into the New year then maybe we'd have to.

Here is my take..

Have I f'cked up there ?? :shock:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Aston wrote:Ian Holloway is the man for the job :ayatollah:

Why would he leave a Premiership side for a Champonship one ?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:35 pm

chris coleman for me. but you cant sack someone for being 2nd in the league

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Lets have some SENSIBLE suggestions.. I've made a start. Poyet , great record as a 2nd in command before and now given a chance he's taken Brighton with very little resources to the top of L1 - I reckon he'd come here.

On the other hand, if we sacked Jones there would be a manager there who took a skint club to 2nd in the league, oversaw a doubling of the crowds an FA Cup final and produced £30m of players - how about him ? :lol: :lol:

Why not go for o'neill-he left villa after fall out with chairman He started in non-league with wycombe and moved onto leicester. We are bigger than leicester.

Wages wouldnt be a problem-800k is good money.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:36 pm

nugent wrote:chris coleman for me. but you cant sack someone for being 2nd in the league

Ooh no. He's a cock.

Anyway he said he could NEVER manage Cardiff City - or Swansea come to that.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nugent wrote:chris coleman for me. but you cant sack someone for being 2nd in the league

Ooh no. He's a cock.

Anyway he said he could NEVER manage Cardiff City - or Swansea come to that.

Totally agree-truly awful manager plus he is a jack b*stard

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Why would he leave a Premiership side for a Champonship one ?

Because Cardiff are a bigger club than Blackpool even though we are in the championship. C'mon Holloway would do a great job for us :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Why not go for o'neill-he left villa after fall out with chairman He started in non-league with wycombe and moved onto leicester. We are bigger than leicester.

Wages wouldnt be a problem-800k is good money.

He walked out on one of the countrys top 10 clubs. I cant see for the life of me why he would risk his reputation here.

Money isnt a big interest to him, he's loaded and gets loads of press work.

If he was looking for a job I reckon he'd be Newcastle manager now

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

Here is my take..

Have I f'cked up there ?? :shock:

Yes Lawnmower, He might be available soon as i thought he was close to the sack with Peterborough

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes Lawnmower, He might be available soon as i thought he was close to the sack with Peterborough[/quote]

I used to like him when he was Worzels manager and last i saw Peterborough were 2nd or 3rd, they've obviously slipped a bit.

How about Eddie Howe, got Blurnemouth promoted on a shoestring and they are currently doing very well in L1 ?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Yes Lawnmower, He might be available soon as i thought he was close to the sack with Peterborough

I used to like him when he was Worzels manager and last i saw Peterborough were 2nd or 3rd, they've obviously slipped a bit.

How about Eddie Howe, got Blurnemouth promoted on a shoestring and they are currently doing very well in L1 ?[/quote]

I'd give DJ more time but if he was sacked...Gus Poyet would be my choice. Hughton might not be a bad shout either.

To reiterate my earlier point though, I'd stick with DJ at least until the new year. As Lawnmower correctly pointed out, under DJs watch we have been to Wembley 3 times, crowds have doubled and we are second in the league. In recent times we have literally never had it so good.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

whoever Bangor City's manager is 15 games 15 wins

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:08 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:If there is one manager we will not get, its Martin O'Neill, give it up!

agree 100% hes better than the championship

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

hughton all the way no other option he got newcastle out of the shit when no fucker wanted them :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Don't see how we can justify jones's sacking just yet, but if we were to get rid, how about Paul jewell?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Gus Poyet, no one gets close, perfect choice, would bring winning attractive football.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Daya wrote:Gus Poyet, no one gets close, perfect choice, would bring winning attractive football.

Ha - Ha . I saw him first :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

did well at Swindon and Leeds as assistant and now doing superb job at Brighton.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:50 pm

would he really leave a premiership team to come down to the team he beat last season though?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Poyett or O'driscoll would do me, I'd be happy with either although Id really love to see Holloway in charge here. I believe that he would be great for us, would I feel get us promoted. Got a feeling that we may see Mr Bellamy take control as player/manager before too long..

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 pm

how about stuart pearce......

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 pm

What about Alan Curbishly?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 pm

We'd have to get Holloway, the attacking football that his team enjoy is amazing to watch.