Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STUDENTS READ (SETTING RECORD STRAIGHT)

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Dafydd wrote:
NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Music tech, Media studies, drama, philosophy, communications, Paleontology, i could list more degrees with little job prospects for graduates but i have better things to do

Compare that to all of the degrees that are useful and give good job prospects, and I don't see the problem with universities?

im just disgusted with the actions of some students over the last few days and now support the opposition

Bit of topic here, Out of intrest who pays for all the foreign students in UniGlam? Go down treforest and its like being in africa or pakistan

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Bit of topic here, Out of intrest who pays for all the foreign students in UniGlam? Go down treforest and its like being in africa or pakistan

Not a clue. I know what you mean though.

My course is mainly local students and some from England, no foreigners so I can't ask.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:
Dafydd wrote:
NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Music tech, Media studies, drama, philosophy, communications, Paleontology, i could list more degrees with little job prospects for graduates but i have better things to do

Compare that to all of the degrees that are useful and give good job prospects, and I don't see the problem with universities?

im just disgusted with the actions of some students over the last few days and now support the opposition

Bit of topic here, Out of intrest who pays for all the foreign students in UniGlam? Go down treforest and its like being in africa or pakistan

they have to pay for everything themselves they are not supported by the government at all, they get their student visa which allows them to study in this country and thats it.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I think there is a fair point in saying that some Universities offer courses which are of doubious value. IMO there should be an effort to ensure more students are up to standard so they can take courses which are vital to the ecomomy like science & engineering.

In fact the economically important courses should have their tution fees locked by law at £3k, whilst the 'vanity' courses should be the ones which attract the higher tution fees of up to £9k