Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Why wait until it could be too Late! "

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Why are so many supporters willing to give Jones until the summer. What if we do fail to get promoted. Clearly this squad should be good enough to win the league. Problem is that Jones is trying to play at times 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 to accomandate Bellers in the Team but with 4-4-2 tactics!! We also are incapable of going on a run of ten or twelve games unbeaten as other teams have done to gain promotion from the Championship. If we fail this season with this current group of players, surely some will leave the club at the end of the season. No doubt some players think they are better than they think they really are and are believing all the hype that promotion is already guaranted.

Every season under Jones we always go through horrible bad patches of form and struggle against lower teams in this Division. I would like to see Jones adapt his tactics during the course of the game and not react to a situation after we go a goal down. Jones as a problem in not adjusting tactics as the game onfolds but only reacts to the situation after the opposistion score. Our substititions mainly are like for like or when someone is injured but not for tactical reasons.

We also seem to have these player disputes every single year under Jones. It also seems that he likes picking on the youngsters for making mistakes but any fool can see for example that Naylor should not be in the team as he is not up to it. Clearly Jones does like his naughty boys corner. I feel that if we do not win our next four games then Jones time may be up. I would rather change the manager from a postion of strength rather than weakness. We have a fantastic chance of promotion this season but not I believe under Jones.

Re: Why wait until it could be too Late!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:24 pm

i agree with you BUT if we sacked him is there a manager out there that can walk straight in and do the job? 9 out of 10 will need time 2 gel with players and staff. and can you think of 1 that can get us promotion 1st season? i honistly cant. but im worried 4 next season if we do not get promotion keogh koumas bellamy bothroyd drinkwater olofinjana burke chopra matthews will all be gone, and more. so i believe keep jones now hes got the team he wanted and $$ in jan he cant make excuses. and look at the bright side we are 2nd and have got the team to stay in top 2. keep the faith! :ayatollah:

Re: " Why wait until it could be too Late! "

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28115&p=263322#p263322

That's my opinion on the subject.

Re: " Why wait until it could be too Late! "

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Its getting to be too late. Jones as to go and quickly.