Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do Newcastle ever learn?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Makes Ridsdale look like a football contract negotiating genius. With their dubious record of sacking managers, they've given Pardew a 5 1/2 year contract. No wonder he's so happy to be at "such a big and illustrious club".

Re: Do Newcastle ever learn?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 pm

apparently he on same wage as jones LOL

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:57 pm

An incredible decision by Mike Ashley and his Board of Directors. Alan though is a very good speaker with an intellectual mind and doubt impressed , for his sake hope he can deliver the same on the pitch.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

TNT wrote:An incredible decision by Mike Ashley and his Board of Directors. Alan though is a very good speaker with an intellectual mind and doubt impressed , for his sake hope he can deliver the same on the pitch.

He might be, but his record isn't great and the way Ashley sacks managers, it seems an odd thing to do

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
TNT wrote:An incredible decision by Mike Ashley and his Board of Directors. Alan though is a very good speaker with an intellectual mind and doubt impressed , for his sake hope he can deliver the same on the pitch.

He might be, but his record isn't great and the way Ashley sacks managers, it seems an odd thing to do

Ashley is odd.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Makes Ridsdale look like a football contract negotiating genius. With their dubious record of sacking managers, they've given Pardew a 5 1/2 year contract. No wonder he's so happy to be at "such a big and illustrious club".

Andy, I am Stunned, 99.9% of their Fans Dont want Pardew, Hughton in My Opinion was doing an excellent job, keeping Newcastle Mid table straight after Promotion.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Makes Ridsdale look like a football contract negotiating genius. With their dubious record of sacking managers, they've given Pardew a 5 1/2 year contract. No wonder he's so happy to be at "such a big and illustrious club".

Andy, I am Stunned, 99.9% of their Fans Dont want Pardew, Hughton in My Opinion was doing an excellent job, keeping Newcastle Mid table straight after Promotion.

how long you think he will last? i thought we was passionate down here up there is dif level :shock:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Absolutely bonkers is that. If i was a Toon fan i would be livid.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Absolutely bonkers is that. If i was a Toon fan i would be livid.

they are going mad, one man ripped up his season ticket :shock:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

One of the daftest decisions I've seen. Hughton was keeping them ticking over mid-table.
What new players had he brought in, how much money had he spent??? They smashed the
mackems out of sight.

Pardews only attempt at Premiership management ended in abject failure at West Ham
and then he failed badly when he went back to Charlton as manager.

Funny old game football, if your face fits innit

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Who would you prefer Pardew or Jones ?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Who would you prefer Pardew or Jones ?

my nan in charge hows that for answer

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Neither. But right now i reckon a fresh face in charge would give everyone
a new lease of life. Even Pardew for the rest of the season

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:41 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Neither. But right now i reckon a fresh face in charge would give everyone
a new lease of life. Even Pardew for the rest of the season

they could have had dj on a 'rolling contract' :cry:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 pm

a 1000 newcastle fans were asked yesterday if the wanted pardew in charge, and only 15 said yes! :?

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:07 pm

milly44 wrote:a 1000 newcastle fans were asked yesterday if the wanted pardew in charge, and only 15 said yes! :?

I heard of the 1000 Toon fans asked they all said Whey eye man :lol: :lol: :lol: which gave the impression they wanted him. Anyway after our treatment by them Geordie fans in Feb i am glad he has gone there. :D :D :D

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

A crazy appointment

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 pm

When Ajax's martin jol retired from ajax on the same day we all thought in the netherlands that jol will be the new manager in Newcastle.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Pardew's intelligence obviously doesn't stretch to his knowledge of the previous manager, when complimenting him on getting them promoted and making an OKAY start to the season he claimed he would have to acknowledge the players respect for HOUGHTON, :o I thought Newcastle's manager was the Londoner who played for EIRE not the Glaswegian who played for EIRE.

When I heard that Newcastle had sacked Hughton, I thought to myself 'That's a bit rough but they obviously have a big name lined up as a replacement'. The Geordie faithful are not happy and the owner has learnt nothing from the dismissal of Allardyce. Maybe he likes the thought of another successful season in the Championship? :shock: