Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Top Tips for parents

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 am

My Daughter brought a slip home from school yesterday all excited £770 !! to go skiing in France for 3 days next year !!

:o
anyway I had to let her down Lightly ie I told her we were skint!

so I emailed the school (never done it before) said they were having a laugh ! so they are offering it to us half price !

result.
:ayatollah:

Re: Top Tips for parents

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 am

Fair play Jules you are a star :lol: bet you still said no you tight git :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:15 am

Thatchers Britain mate !!

£770.00 My arse !

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 am

placid-casual wrote:Thatchers Britain mate !!

£770.00 My arse !

Thatcher Chief :o :o :o :o she resigned 20 odd years ago and is now nearly in a box :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 am

It's a legacy from Thatcher stitching up the working classes !

I'm a working class hero ! :D

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 am

placid-casual wrote:It's a legacy from Thatcher stitching up the working classes !

I'm a working class hero ! :D

Yes you defo are a hero Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 am

never give an Inch mate. ;)

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 am

I worked in School Travel Tour operating and can assure you the whole system can be corrupt. Although every operator has glossy brochures they are only sent to the schools and the teachers. If you find out the operator and phone them for a brochure they will refuse to send you one or discuss the price.
The brochure contains the prices but then teachers add on their travel costs and their spending money and then add this to the children's costs. There are rules stating the minimum teacher pupil ratio, but for the good trips there are always plenty of teachers as they get a great free holiday and lots of free spending money.
My advice is if you want your children to go skiing go as a family unit and see how cheaply you can do it.

For a laugh send an e-mail to the school and ask for the operators brochure and see what happens

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 am

lol top man ! I'm sure It's a free piss up for a few Teachers.

I need a Breakdown ! :D

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 am

Time for a Student Protest Rally!!

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 am

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Time for a Student Protest Rally!!

Get your clober on casual the terror squad are on the March. Lets infiltrate the teachers staff room and leave them our calling card. :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
placid-casual wrote:Thatchers Britain mate !!

£770.00 My arse !

Thatcher Chief :o :o :o :o she resigned 20 odd years ago and is now nearly in a box :lol: :lol:

She isn't in a box yet, the champagne is still on ice