Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY'

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 pm

' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY NEW PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

My Opinion, With the Right Manager We would run away with this Division, We have the BEST TEAM/SQUAD on paper in This Division. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This Team is the Best I have Seen in 38 Years of Following them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 'I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY'

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY MORE PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

My Opinion, With the Right Manager We would run away with this Division, We have the BEST TEAM/SQUAD on paper in This Division. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This Team is the Best I have Seen in 38 Years of Following them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

shall we do a mike ashley :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY MORE PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

shall we do a mike ashley :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Most people know this, Dave Jones included. Most know that if he stays in charge, then we need to compensate for his deficiencies by buying players.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Most people know this, Dave Jones included. Most know that if he stays in charge, then we need to compensate for his deficiencies by buying players.

I Suppose Really I should not moan, We are 2nd after all, VT though was led to believe we would run away with it, So far they have Gambled with £15 Million. :o

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY NEW PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

This Team is the Best I have Seen in 38 Years of Following them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

sorry annis we need a decent centre half who is hopefully under thirty and never played under jones at wolves

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY NEW PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

This Team is the Best I have Seen in 38 Years of Following them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

sorry annis we need a decent centre half who is hopefully under thirty and never played under jones at wolves

:lol:

Your right Steve, But he only likes oldies or injury prone or ex players of his :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Slate slate slate!!!!! Our defence is shit and also we need back up for Jay!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Central defender and left back are desperately needed. Get Gypes, Rae and Koumas off the wage bill-all been good servants but not good enough now.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Most people know this, Dave Jones included. Most know that if he stays in charge, then we need to compensate for his deficiencies by buying players.

I Suppose Really I should not moan, We are 2nd after all, VT though was led to believe we would run away with it, So far they have Gambled with £15 Million. :o

No, you're right annis. Its DJ covering himself again, and it is dangerous because he could waste the money. Like the squad we have could be.

Only got wolves promoted because he spent loads, and even then he bourght some donkeys.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No, you're right annis. Its DJ covering himself again, and it is dangerous because he could waste the money. Like the squad we have could be.

Only got wolves promoted because he spent loads, and even then he bourght some donkeys.

Aye and he took them straight back down the following season - bottom of the league. I remember it well, they kept losing and losing and we was stood there arms folded in the dug out unable to motivate his players and/or change tactics to turn games around - sound familiar?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' I KNOW I WILL GET SLATED, BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY NEW PLAYERS IN JANUARY '

SLATE SLATE SLATE SLATE............

No chance DJ is the right man, we just need to do what all Automatic promotion teams do (Newcastle and WBA last year for example ) and learn from the star of the season and improve on things that are not quite right.

In our case that's easy to see, we need 2 centre half's, Left back, hard b*stard Central midfielder, and top big hard Striker as alternative to Chops or cover for Jay. If DJ gets them we are going up, keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 pm

WHAT WE DO NEED IS A RESERVE TEAM, TO INLUDE THOSE WHO DONT PLAY or WERE SUBS, plus All those back from injury plus add the Senior Accademy players in it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

I HAVE to disagree with you. We need at least one CB, if not 2 (depending on how good Riggott is if he appears before January). We need backup for Jay.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Agree with ya but if we pick up to many injuries we are fucked, the more the many of new signings if we get up i do not care how we did it

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Totally agree and I bet his horses know they wont be carrying him around South Wales come the end of the season if he is still here.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm

We need two Centre Halves

But you can bloody bet Jones is just looking for a decent partner for Hudson

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Totally agree and I bet his horses know they wont be carrying him around South Wales come the end of the season if he is still here.

:lol: :lol:

Ian, He Said they would be last Season .

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 pm

We have the BEST TEAM/SQUAD on paper in This Division. sorry far from it results show otherwise and paper dont score goals
and give you results

and if theres that much talent on the pitch then they shouldnt need the manager to grind results out like the likes of preston

sorry annis but i strongly disagree with you our defence is shocking our strikers need a kick up the ass especialy jay since he put that shity white shirt on gone to his head he will also be gone in January along with chops you wait and see

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:46 pm

i disagree, we need another target man, a leftback, and another winger to cover for Burkie, i love burke but he is far too predictable, needs to mix it up a lot more, always looks to cut inside....
Jones has done brill for last few years, now he deserves to get what he wants..
no team is ever 100% sure of promotion

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:49 pm

mallo wrote:

We have the BEST TEAM/SQUAD on paper in This Division. sorry far from it results show otherwise and paper dont score goals
and give you results

and if theres that much talent on the pitch then they shouldnt need the manager to grind results out like the likes of preston

sorry annis but i strongly disagree with you our defence is shocking our strikers need a kick up the ass especialy jay since he put that shity white shirt on gone to his head he will also be gone in January along with chops you wait and see

Dave Jones has at his disposal more TALENT than this club has ever had before

But its no point having all the best ingredients if you cant cook.

He'd try and make chicken curry out of mincemeat and potatoes

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Annis, you cant have it both ways, say the defence is sh1t and then say we dont need any players :lol:

Personally I'd go for the following and in order of priority.

Striker to cover Jay - we've needed one from the day he joined
Left Back - Naylor might eventually come good, but he's got no competition unless you disrupt the side further by moving McNaugton accross
Centre Half- IMHO Hudson is decent, not the best in the league, but OK. He needs someone better than Gyepes or Blake alongside him, I fear for us if Hudson got injured. If we could sign 2 really good centre halfs then great, but I think we'd be better off spending the money on one really good one.

I'd also like a real left footed left winger with pace, and a hard man, box to box midfielder, but then maybe thats greedy :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Dave Jones has at his disposal more TALENT than this club has ever had before

He'd try and make chicken curry out of mincemeat and potatoes[/quote]

lol oh so true hit the hammer on the nail :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm

mallo wrote:Dave Jones has at his disposal more TALENT than this club has ever had before

lol oh so true hit the hammer on the nail :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I hope he havent got a bench in his kitchen or he'd leave the chicken out the curry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 pm

taffyapple wrote:
mallo wrote:Dave Jones has at his disposal more TALENT than this club has ever had before

lol oh so true hit the hammer on the nail :lol: :ayatollah:

I hope he havent got a bench in his kitchen or he'd leave the chicken out the curry :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

dont give your day job up

looks like a bench to me !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Annis, i totally agree with you. If i was Vincent Tan i would be telling DJ you've got the best squad
in the league,stop complaining and just get on with it. And by the way if we don't get promoted this
season then you're sacked. I personally have no sympathy when a manager gets sacked,unlike the
ordinary man in the street who's at his wits end when this happens, football managers are given
millionaire payoffs!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Annis I totally disagree with you mate, fair enough this may be the best squad you have seen in 38 years, most of that time spent in the lower tiers. This is the best chance we have had since 1971 to clinch a top 2 finish and it's imperative DJ is allowed to strengthen the squad.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

This is What I like a Good Honest/Different Opinion Debate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If I am Honest, I know we need cover for Jay, but We knew that last May and DJ Brought Keogh in.
Also We need another Defender, DJ got rid of Gerrard.

But lately Weve had Hardly any injuries and weve still Struggled, WHY WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE ?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I have to disagree there sorry, We have

1 right winger (Burke),
we have 1 left winger (Bellamy),
1 target man (Jay)
and 1 poacher (Chopra) ,
we have no pacey Centre back,
we have no good left back....

That isn't a squad, sure people can fill in, Keogh on the right, Whittingham on the left, but we need to start now this January to build a squad for next season in the Premiership, if we only start on that squad next summer then we are in deep trouble because we will not get enough players with enough quality.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 am

Is our squad better than last year ? YES

Did we finish 4th last year ? YES

Can we improve on this this year? YES

Easily :ayatollah: