Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LATEST and MORE INFO ON MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

There are Indian Directors on the Board of QPR and They went to Neil Warnock after a chance Meeting with Chopra out in Dubai when Chopra was Talking to the Indian FA about playing for India.
They Showed a Big interest in Michael Chopra and told him of their and Warnock's Admiration for him. Theyve come back and Told Warnock they can make a move for Chopra, to find out the price Tag on him.
They have been told its £3 Million and it Will All have to be upfront.
Warnock is still interested in Chopra but Not at that price Tag, But The Directors will back him at a Cheaper price, Watch This Space In January.

HOLD OUT CITY, KEEP ALL OUR STARS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28154&start=90 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " LATEST and MORE INFO ON MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:15 pm

i think writing on the wall annis, ross went to the bench never came back. i think chops will aswell. is he happy down here naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

ok it would help him playing in right position . he was playing in right position at start of the season got injured come back whats he done? for me i can see him going but that's my opinion,

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 pm

I have been critical of chopras fitness lately, but only because I want to see him back to his best. Under no circumstances should we sell him. He can get back to how he was. Them getting him for even 5 mil will lead to them getting promoted even more easily. It would be suicide.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Get rid, first opportunity !

Professional footballer parking in a disabled bay is disgusting and has not only insulted every disabled city fan (me included), but every disabled person in britain !

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:40 pm

If our ambition is to get promoted this season we cannot sell Chopra he is a quality striker and to sell to QPR is a joke it wont happen.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They Showed a Big interest in Michael Chopra and told him of their and Warnock's Admiration for him. Theyve come back and Told Warnock they can make a move for Chopra, to find out the price Tag on him.
:

With all due respect Annis, even if what you have said is true there, this is exactly the sort of stuff that 'the snipers' are moaning about being broadcasted on this forum.

From that statement you've just made you leave the impression that Chopra is open to a move, just like Carl suggested last night. Do you really think that's a good idea, given the majority on here take it as fact and further to that the echo will pick up on it tomorrow and run with it? So it gets broadcast to a wider audience.

So, there's the possibility that A, the fans are left with the impression that Chopra wants out and B, Chopras team mates, management team etc start questioning if his head is with our title rivals?

Do you think that either of these possibilities are good for Cardiff City Football Club? Do supporters really need to know this?

Meant to add, as far as I'm aware Chopra is happy at Cardiff City, has no issue with Jones and is looking to get himself back into the team.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

birchblue wrote:If our ambition is to get promoted this season we cannot sell Chopra he is a quality striker and to sell to QPR is a joke it wont happen.

Jason
Personally I will be Shocked if it happens, But, it also Depends on DJ and Chops working together :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I cant see VT letting a top striker go to are rivals i think DJ needs to be carefull here or he could get the chop.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Dan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:They Showed a Big interest in Michael Chopra and told him of their and Warnock's Admiration for him. Theyve come back and Told Warnock they can make a move for Chopra, to find out the price Tag on him.
:

With all due respect Annis, even if what you have said is true there, this is exactly the sort of stuff that 'the snipers' are moaning about being broadcasted on this forum.

From that statement you've just made you leave the impression that Chopra is open to a move, just like Carl suggested last night. Do you really think that's a good idea, given the majority on here take it as fact and further to that the echo will pick up on it tomorrow and run with it? So it gets broadcast to a wider audience.

So, there's the possibility that A, the fans are left with the impression that Chopra wants out and B, Chopras team mates, management team etc start questioning if his head is with our title rivals?

Do you think that either of these possibilities are good for Cardiff City Football Club? Do supporters really need to know this?

Dan,
The Newspapers tomorrow are saying the same thing, So its common Knowledge, If any other mb/forum had the info they would Soon put it out, just like the Media does, I would rather not talk about other Sniping Forums, Mike and I have an agreement to stop all this about that mb and this mb, its become childish and ruining talking about football. Also Dan, read the London papers, their owners have already Said they want him, I have not Once Said Chops wants to go. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As to Chopra, He loves it down here and Our Fans, as to him and DJ, I will leave them sort that out.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:50 pm

if we were to sell chops, would the money be aloud to be re invested in other players??

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm

glammy74 wrote:if we were to sell chops, would the money be aloud to be re invested in other players??

Yes Glammy, def. :ayatollah:

But I Def Dont want him to go and he wants to play first team football for Cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm

You also have to bear in mind that the Indian on QPR's board is the son-in-law of Laksmi Mittal, the richest man on Britain and 3rd in the world in 2009 according to Forbes!

Money could be no object although they haven't really splashed it about so far!

Don't want him to go but why would he sit on the bench here if they offer regular starts?

I guess we don't have to sell but how high would the price have to go before it makes no sense not too?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dan wrote:
:

Dan,
The Newspapers tomorrow are saying the same thing, So its common Knowledge, If any other mb/forum had the info they would Soon put it out, just like the Media does, I would rather not talk about other Sniping Forums, Mike and I have an agreement to stop all this about that mb and this mb, its become childish and ruining talking about football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As to Chopra, He loves it down here and Our Fans, as to him and DJ, I will leave them sort that out.

I agree about your comments about the snipping etc, its all about opinion. I'm just suggesting the reason people are commenting about these posts being unsettling and thought this one was kinda a prime example.

I don't agree that you would find Mike or TVB etc, coming out and putting this information out in the public domain and broadcasting it as fact.

The newspapers, by which I presume you mean the Echo and Western Mail, are a joke and its very obvious that 99% of what they post is gathered from the forums.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
birchblue wrote:If our ambition is to get promoted this season we cannot sell Chopra he is a quality striker and to sell to QPR is a joke it wont happen.

Jason
Personally I will be Shocked if it happens, But, it also Depends on DJ and Chops working together :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you hit nail on the head there annis, the way there personalities are both arrogant you would think they would get on but i really think they don't lol

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:if we were to sell chops, would the money be aloud to be re invested in other players??

Yes Glammy, def. :ayatollah:

But I Def Dont want him to go and he wants to play first team football for Cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i want him to stay to :ayatollah:
but if we are not in the top 2 come jan, and dave has no money to buy players, do you recon he might concider selling him for money to buy another striker and have money left to buy another def maybe?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:07 pm

It would be absolute madness to sell him to a promotion rival unless they come in with a bid of £10 million quid.

Sort his fitness out and get him back on the end of McPhail's passes.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:22 pm

If he goes, he goes.

I'm not gonna call for the boards heads until we see what happens with the cash.

Remember that if the rumours are true QPR want Chopra mainly because of his Indian roots and then being able to sell the club to the Indian people. That is not the way to run your team, especially if he is travelling across continents to represent his nation.

Also bear in mind that IF there is cash to spend in January, Chopra may have been one of the players that saw a better player come in over him, you then wouldn't want someone of his value sat on the bench, may as well cash in.

I believe if he goes, we will have someone better coming in.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Didnt Chops and Bellamy have a Barney with Jones the other week? If so can't see Jones getting rid of Bellamy, he would look a fool and Bellamy would then have plenty to say. So if past arguments between players and Jones are anything to go by and the fact chops has been on the subs bench a while suggests its bye bye to Michael in january.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:40 pm

The Trooper wrote:Get rid, first opportunity !

Professional footballer parking in a disabled bay is disgusting and has not only insulted every disabled city fan (me included), but every disabled person in britain !

Shut up you soft sod.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There are Indian Directors on the Board of QPR and They went to Neil Warnock after a chance Meeting with Chopra out in Dubai when Chopra was Talking to the Indian FA about playing for India.
They Showed a Big interest in Michael Chopra and told him of their and Warnock's Admiration for him. Theyve come back and Told Warnock they can make a move for Chopra, to find out the price Tag on him.
Warnock is still interested in Chopra but Not at that price Tag, But The Directors will back him at a Cheaper price, Watch This Space In January.

HOLD OUT CITY, KEEP ALL OUR STARS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If that's true, and our board know about it, first thing to do is for a formal complaint to be launched with the FL; QPR directors have clearly tapped Chops nup, unless our board a) knew about it and b) gave permission for them to talk...

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Dan wrote:
:

Meant to add, as far as I'm aware Chopra is happy at Cardiff City, has no issue with Jones and is looking to get himself back into the team.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28214 :o :shock:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:11 pm

things such as these is no good whar so ever to our football club,
even if QPR are interested, and I guess a lot of clubs are, I feel that stuff like this destabalises our football club.
As Ali said when he played the song after qpr 'lets stick together'

I really think that some things are best left off the messageboards,no need for the politics,

oe c
Now I've got this off a mate who lives near chops often has sunday lunch in the local pub with him so its an honest account as far as I'm concerned.

Chops was getting out of the shower after the QPR game and Bellamy said something about the size of chops chopper (no pun intended.)Chops took it as it was given, harmless banter and had a giggle with bells. Dave Jones then added comment along the lines of 'that wouldn't touch the sides in my mrs' and Chops took it the wrong way and a bit of verbal was given back and forth. Chops says he wants to stay but things need to be sorted out between him and DJ as their relationship lately has not been what it was.

Its an honest account lads, take it or leave it.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:59 pm

I would like to know HOW these lads are allowed to pile the weight on.
f**k me, they are on thousands of pounds a week, surely the coaching
staff must hace access to a weighing machine. Strangely enough, the
fatties are McCormack, Gerrard and now Chopra... all who have had a
fallout with Jones.

My biggest fear is this:

Chopra IS class at this level, when he's firing on all cylinders he is the
best finisher in the division. If Jones has just decided "f**k you you
can go!" (and lets face it, he's got form for it!!")

Who will he buy??

Lets call a spade a spade here... Dave Jones signings are hit and miss
whoever he buys it will be a gamble. If he buys a striker tailor made
for his 4-4-2 its another gamble, because other teams are sussing out
the way we play!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There are Indian Directors on the Board of QPR and They went to Neil Warnock after a chance Meeting with Chopra out in Dubai when Chopra was Talking to the Indian FA about playing for India.

it all makes sense now,after a CHANCE :D meeting in dubai,bye bye chopra :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 pm

DJ let Chops take time off to go to Dubai when he should have been training like the rest. DJ did not have to release him to do so and if you remember the team said they had not trained well that week.

This decision has come back to haunt DJ.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 pm

ridofrid wrote:DJ let Chops take time off to go to Dubai when he should have been training like the rest. DJ did not have to release him to do so and if you remember the team said they had not trained well that week.

This decision has come back to haunt DJ.

Clive, I think it might very well have, Weve gained nothing from it.