Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin Mcnaughton?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

I think hes been one of biggest and best players weve had for years tbh
so has it surprised anyone that a premier league hasnt come in for him? :?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Kevin Mcnaughton?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Very underrated in my opinion. Unfortunately, there's always been a better player available at the time teams have looked for players in that position. In my view, he's the best full back outside of the Premiership in England. He's been a bit off this season due to his injuries but I still think he's one of the best players we've had in recent years. Got a lot of time for him.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Totally agree,

Think super Kev has been outstanding for us, always gives 100%, no matter what.
Is well under-rated in my eyes.
A battler, genuine, tenacious to name a few.

Like the way Barrie McAuliffe in commentary when he goes on a run calls him "twinkletoes" LOL

Always makes me laugh.

Quality player, would love to see him score more and maybe the goal that sends us up this season, he`d deserve that more than anyone :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:13 pm

CCFC legend for sure :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:11 pm

quality player,and has been very consistent for a few years now,big fan of mcnaughtons but for me hes been off the boil for a while now which is not like kev?????? :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 pm

The most overrated player in the history of the club in my opinion. Yes, he's tenacious, he's a battler, he uses his pace to cover, but how many times have you seen him getting caught out this season? How many times does he give the ball away? How many times have you seen him getting skinned this season? McNaughton will never let us down effort wise, but his distribution is appalling. 9 times out of 10 when he gets the ball, he gives it away. He has also got skinned a good few times in every game he has played this season. Make no mistake, if we are to get promoted this season, we need to replace the whole back 4, including McNaughton.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

McNaughton is too lightweight for me and never passes the ball forwards to one of his own players.
I want defenders to do what they're paid to do and that is defend with their lives and get the ball
away from our danger zone at all costs, then the midfield should create and finally the forwards score
the goals, it's as simple as that. What we need are big,physical,mobile defenders. Unfortunately DJ doesn't
see it that way and that's why we're soft at the back.