Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Destabilisation. How does that work?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

I respect Dave Jones but he doesn't have moan and talk some bollocks sometimes. Is he saying that if someone writes bad stuff about a player in the paper then he doesn't play so good?
So at half time Jones shouts at a player for playing like a tw*t and asks him what the hell is wrong with him. The player then tells him he's upset about something he read in the Echo about him? What was it? Revelations of him sleeping with team mates wives? Photos of him having a line at a poll dancing club? NO! None of that! The article which has upset diddums so much and making him play like a tw*t is about him actually playing like a tw*t! :shock:
Are these footballers that f*cking fragile FFS?

I don't think any of it is true at all. I can not believe that a player would play any differently depending what Steve Tucker or Terry Phillips or Mark Bloom thinks of his current form. I can't imagine a player running out thinking I'm going to play like a Mara-Fucking-Donna today because Bloomy said some nice things about me. Then in the next game the player wonders out all sheepish with his bottom lip quivering because Terry Phillips questioned his last performance. Is Jones seriously saying this is the case?

I think it's not the players but Jones who struggles with criticism and he's hiding behind the players and trying to blame Novembers results on the press. The manager is ultimately responsible for results both good and bad, that's why he gets the big wages. If he can't take criticism then he needs to either grow up a bit or try a different job. One thing is for certain a lot of people in this world take a hell of a lot more stick every day of the week than Jones does and they get paid far less too.
Even when a team is doing really well people will still talk about matches, players, performances etc. That's football. Football fans are miserable fuckers at the best of times and we like a good moan. That's why we all shell out half our income supporting these over paid primadonnas, and that is true whether it's the Bluesquare league or the Champions League. Perhaps Jones needs to stick his hand in his pocket and shell out half his wages watching a pile of poo sometimes. Let's see him do that with a f*cking smile on his miserable face.

Re: Destabilisation. How does that work?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:42 pm

I posted something similar a few days back. These footballers are the Elite.
If you say there are about 700 top professionals in the Premiership and the
Championship. There must be a million fellers play football in this country
alone, never mind the players from overseas.

To get to the standard they have achieved takes years of dedication, hard work
and in some cases bloody-minded selfishness. they are driven by a will to succeed.
They might get pissed off when they get slated, but it would have a positive not
negative impact.

I think its embarassing for Dave Jones to use criticism of his players as an
excuse for not performing well.