Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Dave Jones gets the sack

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm

do the club have to pay him 12 months salary as part of his "12 month rolling contract" deal (about £700,000)?? Or have the Malaysians re-negotiated that ridiculous contract put in place by PR?

In my opinion, to get rid of DJ before the season finishes is lunacy, this club requires stability and a common sense assessment of the club on and off the pitch at the end of the season is the correct way, whether we go up or not.

Anyway what manager would we bring in? At what salary? For how long (3 year contract)?. How much spending budget would he have?

Lets get real... if anyone had said back in July/August that we would be 2nd in the league, with the players that we've got, but we are having one of our customary pre xmas blips - we all would have got down on bended knees looked up to the sky and said YES PLEASE - THANKYOU LORD, I'LL TAKE IT

Re: If Dave Jones gets the sack

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Jones isn't getting the sack so don't worry what his pay-off will be or who we;'re going to bring in

Re: If Dave Jones gets the sack

Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Blueblood wrote:do the club have to pay him 12 months salary as part of his "12 month rolling contract" deal (about £700,000)?? Or have the Malaysians re-negotiated that ridiculous contract put in place by PR?

In my opinion, to get rid of DJ before the season finishes is lunacy, this club requires stability and a common sense assessment of the club on and off the pitch at the end of the season is the correct way, whether we go up or not.

Anyway what manager would we bring in? At what salary? For how long (3 year contract)?. How much spending budget would he have?

Lets get real... if anyone had said back in July/August that we would be 2nd in the league, with the players that we've got, but we are having one of our customary pre xmas blips - we all would have got down on bended knees looked up to the sky and said YES PLEASE - THANKYOU LORD, I'LL TAKE IT

Personally I would rather be offerred 2nd place come the end of May. Being 2nd at Christmas really doesn't do anything apart from making relegation unlikley (why did I say that :oops: ) and lets be frank we have been here before.

To answer your question a rolling contract means we must give DJ 12 months notice to quit. He can either then sit back and draw his pay for 12 months (on gardening leave if the owners want a new man) or the Malaysians could offer a mutually agreed termination settlement.

As for a replacement Chris Hughton would be my choice.