Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra and Mortgaged Transfer Fee

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Does anyone know if we still owe that Ranson guy (I think thats the name) any % of a transfer fee if any of our players were sold either in January or next summer?

For example, IF Chops did go to QPR for say £3 million would we have to give a large slice of that as the "Mortgage Repayment"

Re: Chopra and Mortgaged Transfer Fee

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I forgot about that :oops: wonder if Ranson did as well ??? OHH well done Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 am

Blueblood wrote:Does anyone know if we still owe that Ranson guy (I think thats the name) any % of a transfer fee if any of our players were sold either in January or next summer?

For example, IF Chops did go to QPR for say £3 million would we have to give a large slice of that as the "Mortgage Repayment"

Good question that. From the listings on the Companies House website it would appear that the mortgage owed to Player Finance Fund of the Cayman Islands dated 28 May 2010 (which I guess was Ranson) is no longer listed which would indicate it has been paid, although I would warn that is not 100% certain and I would welcome any further clarification.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 am

Blueblood wrote:Does anyone know if we still owe that Ranson guy (I think thats the name) any % of a transfer fee if any of our players were sold either in January or next summer?

Yes We still Owe Ranson, Carl knows the exact amount.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Looking at the comments on the board from last summer (Carl's info), it seems that there could be a debt of around £2 - £3 million still outstanding with interest being added as well. Of course our Malaysian friends may well have repayed or renegotiated a sizable chunk of this?
So i think it's fair to say that any transfer fee coming into the club will be LESS a sizable % to cover this debt?