Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So get your arses over to the Canton end then!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:23 pm

The atmosphere/singing/standing/shouting debate goes on and on. And quite rightly so, I am hoarse for days after a home game, I have had bruises for leaping over seats when we score, I have only sat twice in 2 seasons due to er (ahem) over-indulgence shall we say :lol: Never had grief from a steward or fellow fan for any of the above, do you know why?

COS I AM IN THE CANTON STAND!

Yes thats right!

When I read these posts complaining about the issues regarding the above in the Ninian, it begs the question, why put up with it? Why stay there, with all the money we pay to be there? Surely not just to be next to the away fans, to join in the sad goading and cut throat gestures? :?

The Kop End, the Gwladys St end, even the bob bank middle in latter years was well away from the away fans. fairly noisy ends no?

Come to the Canton and all your gripes will dissapear! All the singers standing and jumping together, a mass ayatollah every game! No complaints (certainly hope it stays that way!!) :old:

What are you waiting for?
Or am I missing something? :?

Lets turn this stadium into a cauldron, I cant shout any louder boys and girls
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: So get your arses over to the Canton end then!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:25 pm

when ever i stand in the canton, unless its vs jack shitty. most of the crowd say "excuse me, could you please not swear like that and sit down please, or can you please stop shouting, we're trying to watch the football

i think after crimbo now, us fans need to create another grange end !!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm

bluebird04 wrote:when ever i stand in the canton, unless its vs jack shitty. most of the crowd say "excuse me, could you please not swear like that and sit down please, or can you please stop shouting, we're trying to watch the football

i think after crimbo now, us fans need to create another grange end !!!!

no way :lol:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm

a few of us in the grandstand have said the atmosphere is shite, we were from f block,,,,,,,, do you think we can just walk round at the next home game,,, ???

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 pm

ashccfc i got am sat next to a few men who just sit there on the left hand side, and a woman and a few guys on the right hand side .

maybe at the back of the canton you can stand all game, but down the front its different

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:44 pm

I would prefer to next ton the away fans so I can hear them, I like the banter . The canton is to far away.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Above message messed up. Using mobile

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Wasnt aware of any issues on the sides of the canton, but from the middle to the back its all standing, believe me. And LOTS of swearing! :lol:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 pm

ninianblue wrote:a few of us in the grandstand have said the atmosphere is shite, we were from f block,,,,,,,, do you think we can just walk round at the next home game,,, ???

I think you can, ask Milly I am sure he said that he does it

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 pm

I am in Row m (13th) from the front - and the first row of the standers directly behind the goal! I always stand up and dont get any grief from anyone! now everybody else around us stands to, it seems to have caught on - and the stewards dont care either, there also arent as many kids over the Canton, and women are less abundant than in the family stand too so the grief levels are at a minimum! :lol:

Everyone after a great atmosphere needs to get over our side next season!

Canton Stand 2011 :ayatollah: (could be a rude awakening for the Premier League hey ?) ;)

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Merlin wrote:I am in Row m (13th) from the front - and the first row of the standers directly behind the goal! I always stand up and dont get any grief from anyone! now everybody else around us stands to, it seems to have caught on - and the stewards dont care either, there also arent as many kids over the Canton, and women are less abundant than in the family stand too so the grief levels are at a minimum! :lol:

Everyone after a great atmosphere needs to get over our side next season!

Canton Stand 2011 :ayatollah: (could be a rude awakening for the Premier League hey ?) ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 pm

GOOD POST I NEED TO GET MY ARSE BACK THERE THATS FOR SURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:52 pm

come join us, come join us, come join us over here! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 am

Im in row R of the canton 593 i think memory isnt good at half past midnight :lol:
We stand, and sing, and never any moaning, everyone around me is a great laugh and i think if they wont budge we need all the old singer heads over to the canton ASAP :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:30 pm

f**k aii! With all the people that moan ther the oni ones that sing wed have a stand full of singers so all just move to the canton!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:30 pm

f**k aii! With all the people that moan ther the oni ones that sing wed have a stand full of singers so all just move to the canton!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm

I know one thing, I would have been ejected many times from the Ninian judging by the posts of the ST holders from over there!!! No singing, no standing, no shouting, no dancing, no jumping WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? Wouldnt put up with that. Get over to the Canton boys and girls :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Said it before - Block 105 behind the goal. I have not sat in my seat once. Not been told to sit once. And the bloke in front of me calls the ref a c*** 10 times a game at the top of his voice and noone has never spoken to him about it. We tend to stand two deep on big games and loads of lads smoke. It aint for everyone but its a good laugh.
I know it aint the same as being by the away fans but it doesnt look like its an option to me. So we might as well make the most of it!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm

106 row T and i love calling the ref a c**t :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:106 row T and i love calling the ref a c**t :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITS YOU! :lol: :lol:
Im in R and i can hear somone calling the ref a c**t from a bit behind and across all the time :shock:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:54 pm

ive gone ihn the canton for the non st games and its been awsome ! its 2 people for each seat and its bouncing !

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:02 pm

griff105 wrote:Said it before - Block 105 behind the goal. I have not sat in my seat once. Not been told to sit once. And the bloke in front of me calls the ref a c*** 10 times a game at the top of his voice and noone has never spoken to him about it. We tend to stand two deep on big games and loads of lads smoke. It aint for everyone but its a good laugh.
I know it aint the same as being by the away fans but it doesnt look like its an option to me. So we might as well make the most of it!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are in 105 row W, you near us?

We have the legends that are Shanka the wreckhead window cleaning Jock, The RAC Man, The Hand Of God, and the legend that is.............MURDERING SCUM!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Oh and talking about wreckheads - me!! :oops: :ayatollah:

Oh and occasionally you can smell the old Grange End! :lol:
:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 pm

IM NAIling my colours to the Canton STand and all that make some noise, Im in block 106 row FF and its stand up all the way and shout and jump around !!! Barmy army lets keep it going lads :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Canton end rollcall for Burnley

Lets bounce the ayatollah!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: