Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANDY KEOGH

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 pm

does anyone else think he's already a valuable player for us? i remember everybody was slagging him off at start of the season, but he is definitely trying super hard and deserves to get some starts

Re: ANDY KEOGH

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:10 pm

quadsas wrote:does anyone else think he's already a valuable player for us? i remember everybody was slagging him off at start of the season, but he is definitely trying super hard and deserves to get some starts

He would do a lot better if the ball was played to his feet.
He's no Jay, but we need to adapt to his style. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:10 pm

it gives us something different when bothroyds injured. im happy with his efforts

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:14 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:it gives us something different when bothroyds injured. im happy with his efforts

I think he needs to be able to hold the ball up a bit more, he never seems to have possession or time on the ball like Jay. This enables to bring others into play.
Apart from that, yes he is doing better than I thought he would to be honest.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:26 pm

quadsas wrote:does anyone else think he's already a valuable player for us? i remember everybody was slagging him off at start of the season, but he is definitely trying super hard and deserves to get some starts

he trys so hard and i think he knows he gonna get bit of stick because everyone wants him to be like jay but he more of ball to feet and run all day for you and give 100 percent effort. but i don't think he will get many starts unless jay gets injured or band. his effort a loan he should get a start. my opinion tho

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:49 pm

In fairness, he does try.

The BIG problem we have when Keogh plays, the team still play as if he is Bothroyd. They need to spend a couple of hours a day on working with different shapes and formations.

Does anyone know if they do this in training?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:13 pm

a player said in the echo yesterday that keogh is working hard in training and even goes back in for extra..
cant fault the guy :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:it gives us something different when bothroyds injured. im happy with his efforts

I think he needs to be able to hold the ball up a bit more, he never seems to have possession or time on the ball like Jay. This enables to bring others into play.
Apart from that, yes he is doing better than I thought he would to be honest.

Definately struggles to keep them of his back (defenders etc), perhaps he needs a bit more strength training more than anything.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 pm

I like him, think he always tries his best :ayatollah: