Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time Wasting

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't get frustrated when another team time wastes? I just think 'well, we shouldn't have gotten ourselves in this stinking shit of a situation in the first place should we?'!

Also, I think referees should just stop the clock for any obvious time wasting to make it pointless. That's the only way to rule it out.

Re: Time Wasting

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Zabier wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't get frustrated when another team time wastes? I just think 'well, we shouldn't have gotten ourselves in this stinking shit of a situation in the first place should we?'!

Also, I think referees should just stop the clock for any obvious time wasting to make it pointless. That's the only way to rule it out.

I think that where some of the 5 minutes against Preston came from, which is good to see to be honest and if more of the 4th Officials added on time for it, it would surely curtail certain teams from doing it!

I also thought it was justice that we equalised on Saturday, just after Darren Ferguson brought on Parry, which was another effort to waste time!

If it was down to me, I'd stop all teams from making substitutions in added on time, even if it was for a genuine injury, as it's nearly always done to break up play and time waste!

It would be the same for both teams and provide a far better spectacle IMO! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 pm

it's frustrating yes, but I welcome it when its the other way around. It is just part of the game!!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:28 pm

easternblue wrote:it's frustrating yes, but I welcome it when its the other way around. It is just part of the game!!

Can't ever remember us playing for time from the first minute like Preston though! :) :ayatollah: